Your banks, your accounts... Whats your set-up?

Okay so I am thinking about looking into how I have my bank set up. Trying to structure things a little bit better, so I don't have to much activity going on in one account. I was wondering if any of you guys had any advice. How do you set up your accounts and keep things organized? I am thinking about having an account and card specific for online buying, but I want to see how other people do things.

Current set up:

2 x Banks

Bank 1:
1. Checking B- Bulk saving
2. Checking A- All daily spending

Bank 2:
1. Checking - Additional funds (rainy day)
2. Investment fund

2 bank accounts ... 1 for saving ... 1 for bills ...

the savings i use for investments, and maintain the rest in cash

Money%20Under%20Mattress.jpg

3 accts..
1. WF for spending, & short-term savings for bigger spending 
grin.gif
tired.gif

2. Chase (
indifferent.gif
) for bills (everything is auto bill-pay.. really convenient)

3. long-term savings w/ some online bank..

proper english, thats the route I think I am going to take. one bank for the big stuff, one for the small stuff and

2 Banks
CIBC
1 - Chequing (everyday spending)
2 - savings higher interest savings acct

TD
1. Mutual fund term deposit
2. USD bank savings acct

Canadian BTW

1 BOA checking and 1 savings both connected. savings stays at $20 lol for no reason at all, and i u8se checking for everything else

No question you should have multiple accounts especially if you are involving online transactions (shopping, ebay/paypal etc etc)

I have 2 checking accts..one for the bulk of my income and the other for online specifically..looking into opening another one specifically for daily use, because I'm the type of person to not always carry cash.

Also a savings acct.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

1 BOA checking and 1 savings both connected. savings stays at $20 lol for no reason at all, and i u8se checking for everything else
same but a random $25 in my savings

Back
Top Bottom