Your excuse for leaving work to get interviewed for another job

What excuse do you give your current workplace when you gotta leave early or take a day off
To get interviewed for another job

It's probably not appropriate to tell the truth and say you're looking for work elsewhere

You can't take a vacation or personal day famb?

If they ask, tell them you're going to the dentist and allergist, or that one of your family members in town for that one day.

Just tell 'em you're going for another interview. That ought to show 'em to value you more and in turn offer you a raise just so you stay with your current employer.

I'd fire you if you did that to me though

What excuse do you give your current workplace when you gotta leave early or take a day off
To get interviewed for another job

It's probably not appropriate to tell the truth and say you're looking for work elsewhere
You're not legally obligated to tell them anything more than you have a personal matter that must be handled during the specific time you need off. As long as you have some sort of personal/vacation time system in play at your job, you should be good to go. 

If anyone legitimately says this, they deserve to lose their jobs.

No need for excuses. Take a sick day / doctor's appointment.

Last edited:
diarrhea
take a PTO
say you got jumped and punch yourself in the nose/eye

i just said dentist appointment

but since im only leaving 2 hours early, it's not even a half day off, or considered taking a vacation day

saying it's a personal matter should suffice

they don't ask as much if you're taking the entire day off versus leaving early from that day from work

Well technically, they're not really not allowed to ask specific details if you're taking a day off or need to go home early.

Just tell them you have a personal matter :lol:
I always see people think to much and have a lie and it always come back at them

Got the runs.

The greatest excuse to get out of anything. There is no one that is going to ask you to prove it.

I always just said I was sick or "Family Emergency". They will never question that.

It's not always as easy as taking a day off though. Some places you have to give 48 hours notice to ensure that there will be coverage for you and whatnot

Last edited:
I told them straight up. Didn't see why I should lie.

Shout out to me missing a day and not even getting that job though. :smh:

You can't take a vacation or personal day famb?
Just do this, last thing you want is to get ask for a dr or dentist slip. My old job was notorious for this.
sick.gif

Luckily you left that old job. Miss me with that high school mentality at an established workplace.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom