Your local U.S. Census Bureau may be hiring. Vol. $

You basically walk around from house to house or apartments or whatever and confirm how many people live there and get info and stuff like that.

Originally Posted by VARSITY kid

I THINK the "on the field" job would go door to door asking residents how many people are living in each house and blah blah blah. Then the next house, then the next, so on until you finish your region (or something like that).

*insert Seinfeld leaving gif*

You don't have to be 30 for this. I believe it's 18 and over.

I took the test earlier in the year (got a 96), when I lost my job and I needed to make some money quick. I ended up not taking it because I found somethingbetter within a month.

Basically, if you're working the field, you go door to door collecting information on how many people live in the house/apt/building. Be warned, you willget sent to some unsavory neighborhoods

If you're working in the office, it's data entry work.

The test is easy if you're good at paying attention to details. But a-lot of people fail it.

You get about 30 minutes to answer 35 questions.

FYI - If you work the field, you will get people who will ignore you.

I almost beat the s&^* out of the census guy who came to my door.

Dude tried forcing his way into my house after I told him I was busy and could not answer his questions. The census bureau tells you to be relentless whengathering information which gets most people into trouble.

I think of "The Wash" every time I see or hear the words, Census Bureau.

"The Census Burr"

roll.gif

My-T.

*EDIT* Link to said scene :

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

You have to be over 30yrs fro them to hire you

I went to one last year and I saw alot of old heads in there. Me and my girl were the only people under 25yrs there. We passed the test while over 80% of the test takers failed.

Glad to say we didn't get hired......
what was the test like?

just called their doing walk ins so it must be alot of positions i would care less what neighborhood 15/h just to ask questions early

The test is basic math and common sense.

like theres a question about measuring maps and routes, add & multiplication problems

Back
Top Bottom