Your opinion on appearance on a job interview

Long story short, my homie introduced me to a nice, possible long-term intern position at an accounting/financial firm.

I have scheduled for an interview on wednesday.

I plan on coming in with a simple look. Just solid blue button down, complement-colored tie, black slacks and dresss shoes since I think a suit is a bit excessive for an interview

Just got a cut 4 days ago so I think im good. My beard/mustache/chin strap and all are lined up nicely and kept very short

However, I wonder if I should shave completely for a cleaner look.

Input?

Long story short, my homie introduced me to a nice, possible long-term intern position at an accounting/financial firm.

I have scheduled for an interview on wednesday.

I plan on coming in with a simple look. Just solid blue button down, complement-colored tie, black slacks and dresss shoes since I think a suit is a bit excessive for an interview

Just got a cut 4 days ago so I think im good. My beard/mustache/chin strap and all are lined up nicely and kept very short

However, I wonder if I should shave completely for a cleaner look.

Input?

For a possible long-term position you should be doing everything possible to make that good first impression. shave it.

For a possible long-term position you should be doing everything possible to make that good first impression. shave it.

Go all with the suit and make sure to send them a "thank you" e-mail.  Both go noticed in the post-interview discussions.  You'd be surprised how close each candidate is from getting the job.

Dont shave it. If they arent going to hire you because of your facial hair, then they were never going to hire you anyways. There is nothing wrong with having facial hair.

Dont shave it. If they arent going to hire you because of your facial hair, then they were never going to hire you anyways. There is nothing wrong with having facial hair.

Go all with the suit and make sure to send them a "thank you" e-mail.  Both go noticed in the post-interview discussions.  You'd be surprised how close each candidate is from getting the job.

Don't want to thread jack but what is the latest you guys apply for interviews?

Basically do you think it's bad to fill an online application after let's say 9PM?

Don't want to thread jack but what is the latest you guys apply for interviews?

Basically do you think it's bad to fill an online application after let's say 9PM?

I work in a Accounting/Finance department... I went to my job interview with a casual pair of pants a black dress shirt and the Girffey I's....

I work in a Accounting/Finance department... I went to my job interview with a casual pair of pants a black dress shirt and the Girffey I's....

wear the suit.. it's an interview. you want to be head and shoulders above what everyone else is wearing.

yes, you should shave..at least the chinstrap.
but remember..it's a finance firm...
friend of mine got grief for just having 1 day shadow..and he was a VP at the time.

Lose the chin strap. Shave clean.  And honestly I'd go with the suit. Even if you wont be needing to wear one on the daily basis at work if you're hired.

And don't wear Griffeys like the guy above me.

wear the suit.. it's an interview. you want to be head and shoulders above what everyone else is wearing.

yes, you should shave..at least the chinstrap.
but remember..it's a finance firm...
friend of mine got grief for just having 1 day shadow..and he was a VP at the time.

Lose the chin strap. Shave clean.  And honestly I'd go with the suit. Even if you wont be needing to wear one on the daily basis at work if you're hired.

And don't wear Griffeys like the guy above me.

Thanks for all the inputs so far. Im gonna shave and go with the suit.
pimp.gif

And Griffeys?
laugh.gif
 I would at least choose some crisp Space Jam XI

Thanks for all the inputs so far. Im gonna shave and go with the suit.
pimp.gif

And Griffeys?
laugh.gif
 I would at least choose some crisp Space Jam XI

Back
Top Bottom