Your Opinions on the Air Jordan XVIII

I never paid much attention to the Jordan Line after the XIV, until the XXI released. But here recently, the XVIII has started to grow on me and I want topurchase a pair of the White/Blue Colorway for playing BBall. What were your experiences with them comfort and performance wise on the court? What did youlike or not like about the shoe. Im pretty sure I can get them for a decent price right now. For comparison, I have been using the Zoom BB for indoorbasketball. Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks

the blk/royal xviii's are dope to me...

That's the ones that I have, and the White/Carolina Lows. XVIII's squeak something fierce though. Shoe Goo helps a lot.

I haven't played ball in mine, but i heard that the insole can slip sometimes

Originally Posted by spectrumknight

the blk/royal xviii's are dope to me...

also the whte/royal and the rest are
mad.gif

love the XVIIIs - simple design, great looking. outsole didn't have the greatest traction though.

the white/red colourway was great. loved the seamless upper.

And of course Mike wore them when he played!

18s were ugly

but most comfortable shoe ive ever put on, there was alot of room in the toebox, but doublestacked zoom air!

one of my favorites, so comfortable, loving the look as well. tahts just me.

I love them - both looks wise and for playing on.

Very comfortable for me - the double stack zoom feels nice, really comfy especially around the heel area and just a good fit for me.

Of the last few years models they are probably my favorite for playing in - the XVII+ would come close.

My only complaint would be the squeaking (although a change of insole cured that) and the fact that they can be slightly warm.

love em. have 5 pairs. they run a litltle big, i suggest maybe a 1/2 size down at least in my experience. as for balling, i would either change
the insole(so you can feel the double zoom) or glue it down because it tends to shift on quick stops. that is one of the best sockliners but i dont care forthe feel or squeek that comes with the carbon fiber comfort plate. i smh everytime i think about passing on the wht/reds for $99

Yeah, I actually like the look of the XVIII. Just for balling though. Now I have to think about getting a .5 size smaller. What about the rest of you. How didthey fit. Small or Big?

As I'm typing this I'm wearing my black and royal blue XVIII's. I definitely respect the shoe but they definitely do squeak alot when worn.

I also have the white and royal blue 18's, which is my favorite colorway, but they're more like beaters now.
smh.gif

i had a BAD experience wit them lol the front is really tight so i was playing ball and hit the front on the ground and jammed my toes realll bad lol...butoverall they are iight for ball

Were very hot, insole slipped, but for 3 weeks they were one of the best performing bball shoes ever in my opinion. Sole also broke away little by little fromthe midsole.

I love the way these shoes perform, only complaint is durability.

I think these shoes are beautiful. I hope for the 18/5 pack there is new color.

I recommend them 110%!!!!!
I love everything about this shoe! I love the design!

For BBall use:
-DAMN!! Tied for the best bball shoe ive ever played in with the shox BB4.
-Double zoom is f-ing insane!!! Super comfortable and responsive.
-The best traction on bball shoes indoor ive ever experienced along with the shox bb4
-They fit true to size dont run big or small, i suggest getting your true size.
-I wish i would have bought more than one pair so i could still be wearing some for bball cuz mine r beat!!
-Ya the insole did slip a little but it was mainly when they were not tied tight, usually for bball i tie them tight.

I suggest you get these, im sure you wont regret it, if you do and their a size 11.5-13 let me know haha.

Comment/Remarks re: XVIII (taken from the website of Prof. K way way back)...

position: guard/forward
key technologies: Full-length Zoom Air + an additional Zoom Air-Sole unit at the heel, Jordan Carbon Comfort Control Plate Sockliner
pros: very comfortable, exceptional cushioning, very good support at the ankle, insanely good traction
cons: a bit too wide at the forefoot, expensive
Buying Advice:
The Air Jordan XVIII is a fitting ride for His Airness' exit from the NBA. Buy it if you're a guard or forward (or even a light center) in search of awell-cushioned, responsive shoe that provides insanely good traction and all-day comfort. Forget it if you're on a budget and make sure to try before youbuy if your feet are very narrow.

To sum up, the Air Jordan XVIII is a fitting last shoe to be worn by Michael Jordan in his last days as a professional basketball player (it makes me sad justto write that). It's not perfect, but it brings back the "fun-to-wear" feeling that I think has been missing from the Air Jordan line in recentyears. The XVIII provides insanely good traction, excellent comfort, excellent cushioning, very good ankle support, and good fit in an elegant package thatwill be noticed. It also introduces a new technology in the form of the Jordan Carbon Comfort Control Plate that provides added impact protection at the heel.The only players that I wouldn't recommend the shoe to are big, heavy centers (the full-length Zoom Air unit may not provide enough cushioning at theforefoot for really big fellas) and those with very narrow feet (the forefoot of the shoe is very wide). If you're a Jordan fanatic the choice is simple,but even those without posters of His Airness adorning their walls will find a lot to like about the Air Jordan XVIII. In short it's a shoe that deliversthe goods both on-court and off -- so long as you can handle the price.

They're nice, but I don't like the magnet fastener at the top of the tounge. Might have been better with velcro.

Back
Top Bottom