Your Personal Top 10 SG Rankings

I was on CBSSportsline looking at their NBA player rankings based on statistics, but saw a lot of guys producing more this year who aren't really betterthan guys beneath them. How would you order the Top 10 SG's on game plain and simple.

#1 Kobe Bryant
#2 Dwayne Wade
#3 Joe Johnson (this was a tossup with the guy at 4 who's a beast as well)
#4 Brandon Roy
#5 Ray Allen
#6 Manu Ginobilli
#7 Kevin Martin
#8 Michael Redd
#9 Rip Hamilton
#10 Allen Iverson

The rest of the options:
Peja
T-Mac
Josh Howard

I was about to seriously put Josh in the top 10.
I don't consider Pierce, Harris, Granger, or Gay a two guard.

Peja and Howard are small forwards.

I'm not going to say much, just because I don't feel like compiling my own list, but I feel like Ray is far too high.

Brandon Roy is definitely better than Joe Johnson.
Manu Ginobli is better than Joe Johnson.

The list should be.

Kobe and Dwayne

Brandon Roy
Manu

Joe Johnson
Kevin Martin
Michael Redd
Ray Allen

Allen Iverson.
smh.gif

Manu is so underrated man I swear if homeboy isn't on your top 5 then you need Jesus.
laugh.gif

#1 Kobe Bryant
#2 Dwayne Wade
#3 Joe Johnson
#4 Brandon Roy
#5 Manu Ginobili

Ill stop at 5

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson
Manu Ginobili
Vince Carter
Ray Allen
Allen Iverson
Kevin Martin
Richard Hamilton

As a spurs fan, i just aint want to seem biased. But all around - defense, shooting, attacking the basket, rings... hes def top 5 and better than kmart andray, but i cant stretch to put him past Roy. Maybe Joe, but not Roy

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Maybe? Sure. "Definitely?" No.
No.

Nah I am going to go with yes.
Joe Johnson plays damn near 40 minutes a game and doesn't score as much as Brandon Roy who plays less minutes than him.

Brandon Roy shoots .480% from the field and Joe is rocking a 43% FG%...so Brandon Roy scores more points than him in less minutes more efficiently whileturning the ball over less. Joe might be a slightly better passer but in the end I don't put that much emphasis on my shooting guard passing that much.Brandon is a better rebounder so that evens that out. I think they are both equally mediocre defensively so that doesn't matter much....

If Manu played as many minutes as they did he would outscore both of them...when healthy he penetrates basically at will, has a deadly jumper and is a veryunderrated rebounder and defender. Him and Brandon Roy are neck and neck to me and Manus defense is better than both Joe and Roy. Other than Duncan he is themost important player on the spurs and one of the most clutch dudes in the game.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

No.

Joe Johnson plays damn near 40 minutes a game and doesn't score as much as Brandon Roy who plays less minutes than him.

Brandon Roy shoots .480% from the field and Joe is rocking a 43% FG%...so Brandon Roy scores more points than him in less minutes more efficiently while turning the ball over less. Joe might be a slightly better passer but in the end I don't put that much emphasis on my shooting guard passing that much. Brandon is a better rebounder so that evens that out. I think they are both equally mediocre defensively so that doesn't matter much....

If Manu played as many minutes as they did he would outscore both of them...when healthy he penetrates basically at will, has a deadly jumper and is a very underrated rebounder and defender. Him and Brandon Roy are neck and neck to me and Manus defense is better than both Joe and Roy. Other than Duncan he is the most important player on the spurs and one of the most clutch dudes in the game.

Did Tony Parker Get traded?

Originally Posted by yungmatt

No.

Brandon Roy shoots .480% from the field and Joe is rocking a 43% FG%...so Brandon Roy scores more points than him in less minutes more efficiently while turning the ball over less. Joe might be a slightly better passer but in the end I don't put that much emphasis on my shooting guard passing that much. Brandon is a better rebounder so that evens that out. I think they are both equally mediocre defensively so that doesn't matter much....

If Manu played as many minutes as they did he would outscore both of them...when healthy he penetrates basically at will, has a deadly jumper and is a very underrated rebounder and defender. Him and Brandon Roy are neck and neck to me and Manus defense is better than both Joe and Roy. Other than Duncan he is the most important player on the spurs and one of the most clutch dudes in the game.

laugh.gif

If the ability to stay healthy is considered (can't do damage if you're damaged all the time), then I'll take Joe and Brandon > Manu.

Otherwise, its a toss up.

At least everyone agrees #1 and #2 are correct
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

No.

Nah he's still their getting out played by Manu(when healhty).

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson
Vince Carter
Allen Iverson
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobili
Kevin Martin
Richard Hamilton

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson
Vince Carter
Allen Iverson
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobili
Kevin Martin
Richard Hamilton
I hope thats not in order.
laugh.gif

Huh???

People always look at the current season statistics to make statements like these. Joe Johnson is having a down season by his standards but I don't see howyou can make those statements overall.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Huh???
I've already given my explanation, If you think I'm wrong fine but I rebuttal would probably communicate your opinion better than huh.

People always look at the current season statistics to make statements like these. Joe Johnson is having a down season by his standards but I don't see how you can make those statements overall.
Joe Johnson has been playing in up tempo offences his entire career. In an offensese that created more possession and thus more chances to score.

This is a situations where I think PER is a really good stat becuase it adjust for tempo, so players like Joedon't get their stats inflated. Using PER we can see that Joe Johnsons highest PER was 19.5 Manu Ginoblis highest PER was 24.3 not to mention the factthat Manu is a much better defender. So even with this down year that he is having he has not produced as much as Manu at any point in his career.

You REALLY believe that Manu is more important to the spurs than Tony Parker?

Scratch that, I already asked that...

You REALLY believe that Manu "outplays" Tony when healthy??? Really???

If Manu played as many minutes as they did he would outscore both of them
But he doesn't.

I figured you would say that. It's probably true, but still, he doesn't.

That's like me saying Chris Andersen is better than, I don't know, Emeka Okafor, because he plays probably 15 less minutes per, and would producesimilar numbers if he got similar minutes. You just can't really do that.

sawsnc.gif

I dont even think you believe what you just said!

1) Kobe
2) D.Wade
3) Joe Johnson
4) B.Roy

I will stop at 4

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson
Vince Carter
Allen Iverson
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobili
Kevin Martin
Richard Hamilton
Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Its cool to be a Nets fan, but you can't be blind either. Vince!? No way. He's not even top 10. He's afadeaway 3 point shooter nowadays. Iverson being anywhere higher than 9 is ludicrous. But this is America as Frank Lucas would say.

I don't think dudes placement of AI is that bad. If we're talking Allen Iverson STRICTLY as a 2 guard...I think he proved last season in Denver thathe's still to be feared.

I hope thats not in order.
laugh.gif

It is. I put Iverson that high on the list because I still believe he deserves to be. Not counting team success, I'd put him ahead of of thoseother SG's... You can make a case for other players ahead of him, but at the end of the day, I think he deserves that high of a spot. He's stillscoring (not in as high numbers, but still getting in points), assists are pretty good as well. Some of those SG's may be better shooters & have moreteam success, but I think Iverson's still a better overall scorer & a better overall SG.

Originally Posted by Liveabovemediocrity

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson
Vince Carter
Allen Iverson
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobili
Kevin Martin
Richard Hamilton
Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Its cool to be a Nets fan, but you can't be blind either. Vince!? No way. He's not even top 10. He's a fadeaway 3 point shooter nowadays. Iverson being anywhere higher than 9 is ludicrous. But this is America as Frank Lucas would say.

VC is still a high quality player, putting up all star caliber numbers (20, 5 and 5) and remains a clutch player.

At the very least, he's better than Kevin Martin or Richard Hamilton (no disrespect to those two).

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Huh???
I've already given my explanation, If you think I'm wrong fine but I rebuttal would probably communicate your opinion better than huh.

People always look at the current season statistics to make statements like these. Joe Johnson is having a down season by his standards but I don't see how you can make those statements overall.
Joe Johnson has been playing in up tempo offences his entire career. In an offences that created more possession and thus more chances to score.

This is a situations where I think PER is a really good stat becuase it adjust for tempo, so players like Joedon't get their stats inflated. Using PER we can see that Joe Johnsons highest PER was 19.5 Manu Ginoblis highest PER was 24.3 not to mention the factthat Manu is a much better defender.So even with this down year that he is having he has not produced as much as Manu at any point in his career.

People need to realize that Allen Iverson isn't Allen Iverson anymore. He is just not.

Back
Top Bottom