Your Personal Top 10 SG Rankings

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by liveabovemediocrity, Mar 3, 2009.

1. liveabovemediocrity

liveabovemediocrity

I was on CBSSportsline looking at their NBA player rankings based on statistics, but saw a lot of guys producing more this year who aren't really betterthan guys beneath them. How would you order the Top 10 SG's on game plain and simple.

#1 Kobe Bryant
    #2 Dwayne Wade
    #3 Joe Johnson (this was a tossup with the guy at 4 who's a beast as well)
    #4 Brandon Roy
    #5 Ray Allen
    #6 Manu Ginobilli
    #7 Kevin Martin
    #8 Michael Redd
    #9 Rip Hamilton
    #10 Allen Iverson

The rest of the options:
    Peja
    T-Mac
    Josh Howard

I was about to seriously put Josh in the top 10.
    I don't consider Pierce, Harris, Granger, or Gay a two guard.

2. kiddin like jason

kiddin like jason

Peja and Howard are small forwards.

I'm not going to say much, just because I don't feel like compiling my own list, but I feel like Ray is far too high.

3. mustbetheshoe58

mustbetheshoe58

#1 Kobe Bryant
    #2 Dwayne Wade
    #3 Joe Johnson
    #4 Brandon Roy
    #5 Rip Hamilton

4. osh kosh bosh

osh kosh bosh

Brandon Roy is definitely better than Joe Johnson.
    Manu Ginobli is better than Joe Johnson.

The list should be.

Kobe and Dwayne

Brandon Roy
    Manu

Joe Johnson
    Kevin Martin
    Michael Redd
    Ray Allen

Allen Iverson. [​IMG]

Manu is so underrated man I swear if homeboy isn't on your top 5 then you need Jesus. [​IMG]

5. kiddin like jason

kiddin like jason

6. yungmatt

yungmatt

#1 Kobe Bryant
    #2 Dwayne Wade
    #3 Joe Johnson
    #4 Brandon Roy
    #5 Manu Ginobili

Ill stop at 5

7. i nasmatic i

i nasmatic i

Kobe Bryant
    Dwyane Wade
    Brandon Roy
    Joe Johnson
    Manu Ginobili
    Vince Carter
    Ray Allen
    Allen Iverson
    Kevin Martin
    Richard Hamilton

8. liveabovemediocrity

liveabovemediocrity

As a spurs fan, i just aint want to seem biased. But all around - defense, shooting, attacking the basket, rings... hes def top 5 and better than kmart andray, but i cant stretch to put him past Roy. Maybe Joe, but not Roy

9. osh kosh bosh

osh kosh bosh

Maybe? Sure. "Definitely?" No.

10. yungmatt

yungmatt

No.

Nah I am going to go with yes.
    Joe Johnson plays damn near 40 minutes a game and doesn't score as much as Brandon Roy who plays less minutes than him.

Brandon Roy shoots .480% from the field and Joe is rocking a 43% FG%...so Brandon Roy scores more points than him in less minutes more efficiently while turning the ball over less. Joe might be a slightly better passer but in the end I don't put that much emphasis on my shooting guard passing that much. Brandon is a better rebounder so that evens that out. I think they are both equally mediocre defensively so that doesn't matter much....

If Manu played as many minutes as they did he would outscore both of them...when healthy he penetrates basically at will, has a deadly jumper and is a very underrated rebounder and defender. Him and Brandon Roy are neck and neck to me and Manus defense is better than both Joe and Roy. Other than Duncan he is the most important player on the spurs and one of the most clutch dudes in the game.

Did Tony Parker Get traded?

11. longrange3ball

longrange3ball

Joe Johnson plays damn near 40 minutes a game and doesn't score as much as Brandon Roy who plays less minutes than him.

Brandon Roy shoots .480% from the field and Joe is rocking a 43% FG%...so Brandon Roy scores more points than him in less minutes more efficiently while turning the ball over less. Joe might be a slightly better passer but in the end I don't put that much emphasis on my shooting guard passing that much. Brandon is a better rebounder so that evens that out. I think they are both equally mediocre defensively so that doesn't matter much....

If Manu played as many minutes as they did he would outscore both of them...when healthy he penetrates basically at will, has a deadly jumper and is a very underrated rebounder and defender. Him and Brandon Roy are neck and neck to me and Manus defense is better than both Joe and Roy. Other than Duncan he is the most important player on the spurs and one of the most clutch dudes in the game.

[​IMG]

If the ability to stay healthy is considered (can't do damage if you're damaged all the time), then I'll take Joe and Brandon > Manu.

Otherwise, its a toss up.

At least everyone agrees #1 and #2 are correct [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. osh kosh bosh

osh kosh bosh

Nah he's still their getting out played by Manu(when healhty).

13. airjordan jb23

airjordan jb23

Kobe Bryant
    Dwyane Wade
    Brandon Roy
    Joe Johnson
    Vince Carter
    Allen Iverson
    Ray Allen
    Manu Ginobili
    Kevin Martin
    Richard Hamilton

14. osh kosh bosh

osh kosh bosh

I hope thats not in order. [​IMG]

15. lnmymind

lnmymind

Huh???

People always look at the current season statistics to make statements like these. Joe Johnson is having a down season by his standards but I don't see howyou can make those statements overall.

16. osh kosh bosh

osh kosh bosh

I've already given my explanation, If you think I'm wrong fine but I rebuttal would probably communicate your opinion better than huh.

17. yungmatt

yungmatt

You REALLY believe that Manu is more important to the spurs than Tony Parker?

Scratch that, I already asked that...

You REALLY believe that Manu "outplays" Tony when healthy??? Really???

18. kiddin like jason

kiddin like jason

19. brandonb2005

brandonb2005

[​IMG]

I dont even think you believe what you just said!

1) Kobe
    2) D.Wade
    3) Joe Johnson
    4) B.Roy

I will stop at 4

20. liveabovemediocrity

liveabovemediocrity

Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Its cool to be a Nets fan, but you can't be blind either. Vince!? No way. He's not even top 10. He's afadeaway 3 point shooter nowadays. Iverson being anywhere higher than 9 is ludicrous. But this is America as Frank Lucas would say.

21. worldbeefreeg

worldbeefreeg

manu>ray

22. lnmymind

lnmymind

I don't think dudes placement of AI is that bad. If we're talking Allen Iverson STRICTLY as a 2 guard...I think he proved last season in Denver thathe's still to be feared.

23. airjordan jb23

airjordan jb23

24. i nasmatic i

i nasmatic i

VC is still a high quality player, putting up all star caliber numbers (20, 5 and 5) and remains a clutch player.

At the very least, he's better than Kevin Martin or Richard Hamilton (no disrespect to those two).

25. osh kosh bosh

osh kosh bosh

I've already given my explanation, If you think I'm wrong fine but I rebuttal would probably communicate your opinion better than huh.