Your THOUGHTS / REVIEWS on the... ALPHOLUTION? ***PICS***

the midsole (based off the air revolution/aj3) looks like a an AJ3 midsole on steroids... zoom air and high wrapping sides

only downside, no forefoot zoom

Has anyone tried these on court?

i think the remix design is sweet, good work jp, what do u guys think?

Not that hard to get Zoom insoles.
Unless you're an 11.5, live in the Seattle area, and are unwilling to buy a shoe like the Kobe 3 for above retail simply to remove the Zoominsole.

I cannot find a Zoom insole up here for the life of me, and refuse to ball in shoes without at least heel and forefoot Zoom

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by joejoebob2099

only downside, no forefoot zoom

Not that hard to get Zoom insoles.

what recent shoes use zoom insoles with zoom air in the forefoot? lebron 4? flightposite? foamposite lite? why would i buy those shoes just for their insole?the shoe itself is probably better. the topic on hand is how the alpholution is as a shoe on its own... i can take zoom insoles from any shoe and stick them ina protege or something and it might be decent.. but i'm wondering how the shoe itself is with just a phlyon midsole up front. not to mention, putting zoominsoles totally changes the fit of the shoe.. sometimes leaving the a cramped toebox and more importantly, leaves the foot much higher off the ground...raising your center of gravity... increasing the chances for rolling your foot

the Air Max Enforcer and Air Force Operate (same midsole/sole) were some of the most comfortable bball shoes I've ever worn, and more than held their ownon-court for me against the likes of any Jordan, Huarache, or Kobe.

They featured a modest Max Air heel bag and phylon forefoot cushioning, so forefoot Zoom is not a MUST for a quality hoops shoe. Zoom certainly doesn'thurt a shoe and I'd generally prefer to have it, but there are exceptions. Maybe the Alpholution is one of those exceptions. I really like the look ofthis shoe, so maybe I'll take the plunge and cop.

^ The Enforcer/Operate midsole is actually polyurethane, which is more dense, durable, and has better at impact absoprtion (but is also heavier) than Phylon.The Uptempo Sensation also uses Max Air in the heel and plain polyurethane up front and I had no problems with cushioning. That's actually one of myfavorite shoes I played in.

The other shoes in the Refresh line (Fun Police, Flight Club, Sharkley/Phenom/Sharkalaid) are all phylon, not PU. I would've been interested in most ofthose shoes if they had Zoom up front. The description of the Alpholution says it has a "lightweight IP midsole". Does anyone know what that is?[edit: My guess would be Injected Phylon]

^ Thanks for the clarification, Keon! I could never figure out why the forefoot cush in the Enforcer and Operate was so superior to other phylon shoes, and nowI know.

I wish Nike would make polyurethane the standard forfoot such in their non-Air or non-Zoom forefoot shoes and do away with Lunarcrap. As a 6'2" 178lbsguard/wing, I've never had the weight of a hoops shoe impact my game whatsoever and don't understand complaints about hoops shoes being "tooheavy".

I haven't liked anything that this guy has done. Nothing. Not one thing at all. The Guy who made the Zoom BB 1's needs to be featured more.

I should've been more specific on the Zoom insoles: Zoom Talaches have a full length Zoom insole, and were abundant, and cheap, on eBay last time i looked.

Obviously, you're unlikely to just go into your local mom and pop store and find a pair for dirt cheap, you have to make some effort.

^ I got excited, but then searched eBay. There are only 5 pairs of Zoom Talache's on eBay, size 6, 8, 8, 10, and 12.

the cw kevin durant is wearing from the new dime magazine is nice black red cw

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

I haven't liked anything that this guy has done. Nothing. Not one thing at all. The Guy who made the Zoom BB 1's needs to be featured more.
Uhh correct me if I'm wrong, but I think J.P. did design the BB1s..

Originally Posted by wooballer20

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Uhh correct me if I'm wrong

You are wrong.

the cw with the carbon fiber design is
pimp.gif

if i could get the carbon fiber cw that manilaboy mentioned, i'd get these for sure. nobody has anything larger than sz 11 though!
tired.gif
$50 on finishline.comis very tempting, but none of the cw's jump out at me...

Back
Top Bottom