Jerry Garcia
Jimmy Page
Jimi Hendrix
Django Reinhardt - shout out to the hilarious movie 'Sweet and Lowdown'
Derek Trucks
Eric Clapton
Warren Haynes

Last edited:
I could get off on a tangent about Prince but don't want to derail my own thread before it starts

Both of the lists are awesome so far

lets get some other chiming in

Last edited:
Jimi Hendrix
Jimmy Page
Eddie Van Halen
Frank Zappa
Neil Young
John Frusciante
Jeff Beck
Eric Clapton
Carlos Santana
Johnny Marr

I think I might be satisfied with this list but still too many great ones left out, might have to edit it later

^ Yeah Santana is that dude. He's right there with most of the guys I listed.  
I could get off on a tangent about Prince but don't want to derail my own thread before it starts
I'm curious. Let's hear it...

^ Yeah Santana is that dude. He's right there with most of the guys I listed.  
I'm curious. Let's hear it...
Where to begin? He has to be one of the most musically talented/knowledgeable persons on the face of the Earth. He plays so many instruments at such a high proficiency it's amazing. I definitely thought about him when I made my list. I like his music per say but am not crazy about the genre he is in though. Basically Prince is that dude. 

Where to begin? He has to be one of the most musically talented/knowledgeable persons on the face of the Earth. He plays so many instruments at such a high proficiency it's amazing. I definitely thought about him when I made my list. I like his music per say but am not crazy about the genre he is in though. Basically Prince is that dude. 

I'd agree with that completely. I hate this word, but he is the definition of swag. He stole the show at the Grammy's last year, just by introducing a freakin' Grammy. Just cool as **** at all times.

My personal favorite is Clapton. Couldn't really/easily list a top 10 :/ .

I was very surprised when I found out one of my favorite solos wasn't performed by the band that is credited to the song ("Reelin' In the Years" by Steely Dan), but was actually from a guitarist named Elliott Randall (thanks, Wiki lol).

Anyway, nice change from the otherwise redundant (genre wise) threads on this forum (Hip-Hop will always be my favorite, but I do love a little change once in a while lol).

tom morello has some sick riffs but some of his solos are whack. at times his solos kind of take away from a song instead of adding to it. he is still a great guitarist but his solos irk me at times.

Morello had a few dope solos in the Rock Hall of Fame induction final performance that aired last week

Morello had a few dope solos in the Rock Hall of Fame induction final performance that aired last week
he has some nice solos but some of them actually take away from a song instead of being the cherry on top. he still is a great guitarist.

He crafted his own "genre" lol.

He crafted his own "genre" lol.
He has his own brand of pop but I still don't like pop in general. What is hard to understand about that?

Jimi Hendrix

Tony Iommi

John Lee Hooker

Muddy Waters

Dave Murray

Slash

BB King

Joe Perry

John Frusciante

Ritchie Blackmore

*Honorable mention: Randy Rhoads 

Last edited: