Your Top 5 Sneakers You'd Wish Nike Would Retro (Properly)

Would love for the solo flights to release. Will bring back some crazy nostalgia for me.
Solo Flight 1.jpg

Solo Flight 2.jpg

Ducktales you said you hated playing ball in the flightposite 3s?? I remember asking on this forum somewhere about the comfort because I vaguely remember those being super comfortable shoes and others agreed on here... wish they would retro to.

Yes, I remember them heavier than other sneakers. Forefoot specifically. Now I’d buy them again regardless. Either or both KG and Allen Houston wore these. This thread is bringing back memories....I have some flightposite 2s buried somewhere too.

:rofl:I remember walking through the mall one day on my way to work and I saw those solo flights in the window of footlocker. Without even taking a complete look at the shoe I ran in the store and asked for 2 different colorways in my size to try on. Man I was so confused when they brought them out because I didn't see a zipper. I thought they broke it off till I realized it was a completely different shoe :lol:

Anyway I these come to mind for me
1613963118634.png

1613963180852.png

:rofl:I remember walking through the mall one day on my way to work and I saw those solo flights in the window of footlocker. Without even taking a complete look at the shoe I ran in the store and asked for 2 different colorways in my size to try on. Man I was so confused when they brought them out because I didn't see a zipper. I thought they broke it off till I realized it was a completely different shoe :lol:

Anyway I these come to mind for me
1613963118634.png

1613963180852.png
I agree on both of those. Really a lot of the Pippens need to come out again. They seemed to have stopped making much of them.

I desperately need a new pair of White/Black Team Jordan 1s though. That **** isn't even funny. They just dropped like every color in the world except those. I'm gonna have to buy like 5 of them when they come out again I guess.

Need Air Bakins as well.

I had the AF1s in the 6th grade and the AirMaxs back when I was in the 8th grade.... wore them both to death.

Nike air max TL 1998
B9154E85-D4F3-4F90-9173-2C36A7D954D4.jpeg
9AA8037C-8BA3-45DE-92DA-0F8CBD0FEE4E.jpeg

jewel AF1 (1996)
4D22FAE7-F313-42BC-842D-1DD9C2303075.jpeg

These Air Max's are straight up grails. I call them the forgotten pair and they are all the way dope af! I was plastered to the Auburn looking color way, Yellows, and Reds. My Jamaican homeboys had them in 98 and I fawned over them.

Got older waited and NOTHING; just silence and 100,00 Air Max 90's and LTD's.

R6a0695d6661eb5ba8ccfaf7a5aea844b.gif

5. These need to be redone properly, as with ACTUAL "power" lock laces.

Your-Best-Look-Yet-at-the-Remastered-Air-Jordan-4-Retro-in-White-Cement-3.jpg

4. AJ4 White Cement. One that doesn't have premature yellowing of the side-netting and more of a true OG silouette.

girls-wearing-jordans-and-air-max-kicks-jordan-outfit.jpg

3. AJ3 White Cement.

Jordan-360s_Lead_rh33pa~2.jpg

2. AJ1 Bred

Nike-Air-Tech-Challenge-1-Low-1988 (1).jpg

1. Nike Air Tech Challenge 1 low.
35th Anniversary in 2023. These were inspiration for the Air Jordan 4
I know this post is a few weeks old but ... where did you come up with the ATC1 being the inspiration for the Jordan IV? Never heard that one before, unless I’ve forgotten.

This is a topic that is VERY much wanted my myself and basically everyone on here. I have decided to only pick the 5 (for now) that I want retroed and those 5 have NEVER been retroed before. So, in order of importance to me, here they are.

1) I'll just get it out of the way right now. Nike Air Tech Challenge 1!! The first, in the OG orange & green (make both if need be to offset tooling costs)
1989-Nike-Air-Tech-Challenge-Tennis-Shoes-berry.jpg

If these were to release AS they look (and Nike, I get it if you need to use the ATC II midsole with the visible air. I'd be okay with it IF if means we actually get these!!), Then I will buy 3 pairs at full retail the day they release and probably would buy another one or 2 more. I would wear my 1st pair EVERY DAY, EVERY NIGHT, ALL THE FREAKING TIME! They would be beat in a month and I would have the biggest smile! I want these so bad!! And I know my fellow Agassi heads in the Agassi thread are 110% behind this as #1.

1a*) This is an asterisk thing. Along with my #1, basically every single Agassi shoe he wore I want retroed! Start with the 1s above, and then keep going up the line. You can skip the IIs, and even the IIIs since we got them recently, but do the IVs, then the Huarache, Future, Flare, my #2 below, Alarm, Ablaze, Assailant, Pounce, Zoom Beyond, Court Implosion. I want them ALL!!

#2) My favorite Agassi shoes after he cut his hair and worn during my favorite phase of his career in terms of kit. Nike Air Challenge LWP.
df2a12592a7192ecd0d2a17b09f57d06.png

They made 4 colors. These 2 above (Australian Open left, French on the right). Plus the white/black/silver mesh for the summer hardcourt season (Cincinnati being one) and the black/copper pair. (U.S. Open) I want ALL 4! AND I'd buy several on release day. Full retail again. I'm grateful to have a pair of the black/dark teal that I can still wear. Shoes were the most comfortable tennis shoes I ever wore to play in (durability, yeah that was a different story. That was poor, but they were INSANELY COMFORTABLE)!

Oh, and the pic above? I know it's the preproduction version with the visible air. They canned that for production but I would love the vis air.

#3) My shoe I wanted and still watch the wearer's most famous dunk in these! Nike Air Swift, Bulls Playoff colorway
images (9).jpeg

Pippen dunk over Ewing! The most vicious poster dunk in a game. Just amazing and it was a nasty series and one Hue Hollins (RIP) gave it to the Knicks on that horrible awful BS call on Pippen closing out on Hubert Davis's 3 from the top of the 3-point line. There was ZERO contact. I give Pip all the credit for what he and the team did. Had they won, I truly though they would have won the ECF and gone back to the finals. Release these, and I'll buy several and will even get "4-PEAT" put on the side with some small fabric letting. Or, better yet Nike, put it on the shoe!! As it should be!

#4) Original Air Maestro 1. The shoes Pip wore in the 93 playoffs.
1992-93-Air-Maestro-I-Black1.jpg

These were just beautiful!! Pip AND Michigan wore these and I wanted them SO MUCH. Nike did a wonderful job on the recent Maestro 2 Pip ASG shoe (materials were AMAZING) BUT they didn't fit with the champion theme they marketed it under as the reds were only for the ASG. THESE should have been the ones released. Again, I'd buy several on release day.

#5) Nike Air Force V! In this colorway below!!
d7a8dc9d1e2cd5d3ef4a1ce24d83450f.jpg

I just LOVE this show! Nike should take note how well the Command Forces sold (they sold very well even some of the terrible colors they did). They made these in several different colors (below)
Screen-shot-2011-08-16-at-5.54.05-PM.png

Make them all. They will sell. Make some new colors, but PLEASE release the one I posted. That color blocking is just beautiful! Many people have asked for these!

5a*) Nike Air Flight 90! Just a perfect quintessential 90s super high top basketball shoe and it's beautiful!!
485deb6c2b0127d04e16516ec3929763.png

You can make the OG colors and or new ones. Give us a few OGs and go crazy. Would be cool with new colors. Would just be nice to have an old school high top again. The Command Force and the Air Pressure are so freaking cool being so high and I'm so glad to have both.

5b*) Nike Air Up in the Pip (and Penny) PE!
1994-95-Air-Up-33.jpg

That Vac Tec crap from several years back was god awful! Nike should have been ashamed! Just pathetic! I want these in nice leather like the Maestro 2s. As above with the 33 on the back for Scottie and #1 on a black/blue pair for Penny. I'd get several of these above.

So there you have it. A list of 5 (plus a few extras and basically a whole athlete's line of shoes, lol) from a lifelong 44 yr old sneakerhead, who is getting out of the collecting part of the hobby. I don't buy anything near what I used to do (instant buying no hesitation. Not anymore). The hobby isn't the same and it's almost impossible to get even a GR that should be fairly easy (Carmine release really upset me as that shoe means A LOT to me back in 9th grade, 1991-1992 school year).

I've sold over 70 pairs of DS shoes I've collected (old retros, newer ones from several years ago) in the past several months, but I will still buy something I deem special to me. And these all above are special to me. Fingers crossed Nike picks some of our shoes from all the amazing lists. 👍👍

Last edited:
I feel like they will never release the air force v again. if they do, it will probably be when were all the dead and the new generation wont even show them love

they retroed the ultra force in a low version a few years back in some super basic colorways but that was it.

id take the air force v or even the ultra force in any og colorways.

but damn that doesnt look likely

Upptempo Upptempo :rofl: That's exactly how I feel about these. Copped strictly off the nostalgia. Doofy *** straps and all.

Big Flyer Force

c40b58d0f3c6ef4244c2cf1cc5b27476.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.05.29 AM.png

you definitely played ball in these :lol: Any sneaker you played basketball in from age 13-18 you automatically want a pair of as an adult because you reminisce about the time you wore them in gym class and led your team to the 8th grade Phys Ed basketball championship

For Nostalgia, I’d like to get one of the first Nike Basketball shoe that I had ever owned... It was in 89 or so and it was called Omega Force, but I gave up searching the pix many years ago coz I could never find such model’s pic. Even started doubting whether such model had actually existed when I gave up... Just have searched that term again for the first time in 10+ years coz this thread made me recall that one and found the exact same model up on Pinterest...
8EA43626-1256-4E66-8C32-59DC28C84580.jpeg

These Air Max's are straight up grails. I call them the forgotten pair and they are all the way dope af! I was plastered to the Auburn looking color way, Yellows, and Reds. My Jamaican homeboys had them in 98 and I fawned over them.

Got older waited and NOTHING; just silence and 100,00 Air Max 90's and LTD's.

agreed. Hopefully we’ll see something soon... gotta keep hope alive

Back
Top Bottom