You're a GM. What's your philosophy?

Football: draft a great defense from the line then go from there. And also build a great O-Line

Futbol: go to HS games and hope you find the next Messi/Pele

baseball: pitching > everything. Book a flight to DR

Draft a potential superstar. 5 years later, make him recruit other Superstars from his draft class and Olympic team.

Then I'll be called a genius for the rest of my career.

Draft a potential superstar. 5 years later, make him recruit other Superstars from his draft class and Olympic team.

Then I'll be called a genius for the rest of my career.
I wonder if they still would've teamed up if Wade had beaten ATL & lost to Lebron in a hard fought series in the next round

Last edited:
NFL: Draft a dominant O-Line above anything else. The game is won in the trenches, but offense controls the clock. With a dominant line and a decent running back, teams won't be getting as many offensive possessions as they planned, and havoc ensues. After a strong O-Line, I'd go for a good linebacking corps, because a good D-Line only puts pressure on the QB, but he can still get a couple plays off. Great LBs will make stops, reads, and the correct calls to make the opponent's punter team MVP for the game. Essentially, OL & LB first.

NBA: Draft a godly PG (preferably one with a past in soccer, so they have the "vision" to see the court). Big men are a dime-a-dozen with today's gene pool, and my genius PG will make him look invincible, just look at, my bruh, Steve Nash. If you can't draft a PG, trade everything, but the kitchen sink, for a superstar PG and allow him to make suggestions on who to draft, while searching through free agency & the D-League for another spark to add to the team. I'd also push for a "everyone else in the league is a goddamn enemy" mentality, because, nowadays, everyone's butt buddies with everyone. Bring eighties basketball back!

Last edited:
Draft the fastest players on the board so I can cheese on Madden with my own team.

ala Raiders

NFL :Priorities

1. Top Left Tackle ( preference: Draft)
2. 12 Sack potential Defensive End (No preference: Free Agent or Draft)
4. Accurate Intelligent QB (preference: Draft)
4. Big Time WR (No Preference: Free Agent or Draft)
5. Defensive Tackle Rotation
6. Dominant TE who can block/work middle of field ( No preference Trade, Free Agent or Draft)
7. CBs (preference: Trade or 2nd and 3rd round Draft picks)
8. OLBs who can play every down
9. Accurate FG Kicker (Draft)
10. Safeties

GM rules:

Always draft best Available talent. draft for Need only for Priorities One and Two
Draft deal Breaker: RBs or WRs that grade higher than 94 by team scouts then draft for need.

I wonder if they still would've teamed up if Wade had beaten ATL & lost to Lebron in a hard fought series in the next round

Please, those buttercups were planning on playing together for years, regardless if they met in the playoffs. This is the NBA now.

If the steinbrenners fired brian cashman today & hired me as GM, during the press conference I would announce to NY that "We are rebuilding this team". Get younger...much younger through draft picks. Trade for prospects, trade for expiring contracts. So when those contracts expire and said player signs with another team, we get a draft pick as compensation. 

No more over paying players where we pay for the player they use to be & not the player they currently are. F that. Thats where this whole Arod thing really grinds my gears. 

Its time to look for the next Jeter, Mo, Pettite, jorge etc...Which honestly, i think the yankees have done a ishhh job doing. Thats why there 40 years old still playing full time. They cant let go because of what they have done when they were 30. (Mo & Jeter is an exception tho, currently).

My philosophy would be, not where I wanna be next year but where I wanna be in 3-5 years. Get a young team that can build & grow together. If the first season we finish with 75 wins, then we finish with 75 wins. Deal with it. Maybe the next season we can have 85 wins. The next season with 90 wins & gunning for the wild card spot. 4th year 95 wins, in contention to win the division, pretty much kicking everyones *** & the entire team is under 30. 

Rman, I like that plan and unlike the small market teams that actually do that,, NY has the money to retain the young stars as they progress and become successful....which is what the Pirates of the world can't do and are constantly a major league farm system

Its time to look for the next Jeter, Mo, Pettite, jorge etc...Which honestly, i think the yankees have done a ishhh job doing. Thats why there 40 years old still playing full time. They cant let go because of what they have done when they were 30. (Mo & Jeter is an exception tho, currently).

I think this is so overlooked. Most people don't realize that the core of the recent Yankees Championship teams were built through the farm system. They just have the fasad that they're great because of being able to compete via high priced free agents. While they're perennially a dangerous team, they haven't won because of the overpriced free agents. Mo, Jeter, Posada, Bernie...Guys like that.They were all in the Yankees system. Only when you have a solid core like that do you go after FA's that will put you over the top. Paul O'neill, Clemens, Swisher come to mind. Has to be a balance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom