Yusuf Hawkins: Storm Over Brooklyn August 12th HBO

Just finished. Powerful stuff. A lot of footage I had never seen. That ending photo shoot was heavy.

Bensonhurst seems like it may have been the worst place on earth :sick:

^^My post above wasn't a response to dude above btw, we posted the same time. Just pointing out how recent this was.

i remember this like it was yesterday

same players. same neighborhoods, same hateful participants

before this was michael griffith and before him was willie turks

the more things change, the more they remain the same

The live protests footage from Bensonhurst :wow:

Al Sharpton in his day was something

Hope HBO put this up on Youtube soon so as much people can view it

It's pretty good, gives a nice view of the hidden hate in NYC. I don't understand white immigrants racism at all and don't think they do either.

Smh at Paddy Duke though. I get some people need room for remorse and maturity, but in no ****ing way should you seek and gain position in black culture after being involved with a lynching. That's nuts and there are probably many more.

Ebro knew about Paddy Dukes involvement in the Yusuf Hawkins murder, he mentions it in the video I posted above.

Star mentions that he knew about it in his latest Star Report on YouTube.

And guess who’s hanging out with Angie in this video?

The sad part about all of this is that Hot 97, old and current staff are going to get a pass and people will forget about it. Hot 97 probably gave Paddy one helluva severance to keep quiet.

Ebro is from Cali. He might have a different understanding of what happen.

But I'm not sure why everyone who worked at Hot 97 is expected to know. This was over 30 years ago. I didn't know of the participants, I just knew of the name and the generalities.

I don't know what my co-workers were doing 10 years prior and I could google them now if I wanted to. 30 years ago?

Why would they know?

People need to stop letting twitter dictate their emotions that it overrides logic.

Ebro is from Cali. He might have a different understanding of what happen.

But I'm not sure why everyone who worked at Hot 97 is expected to know. This was over 30 years ago. I didn't know of the participants, I just knew of the name and the generalities.

I don't know what my co-workers were doing 10 years prior and I could google them now if I wanted to. 30 years ago?

Why would they know?

People need to stop letting twitter dictate their emotions that it overrides logic.

Ebro confirmed that he knew, Star confirmed that he knew. Star is from the Tri-State area so he definitely understood the Yusuf Hawkins case. Star also said that a lot of people at the station knew the truth about Paddy Duke. Furthermore, Paddy Duke's face and real name were shown and printed in the Daily News last year for the 30th anniversary of Hawkins murder. This ain't about Google, a lot of this info was out there. There just wasn't a priority to penalize him for it. But this documentary put his face, name and voice on display on a major streaming service during a time of civil unrest and racial strife. Hot 97 couldn't hide him anymore. Also, how the hell does he keep a radio job like that for that long? With the high turnover rates at radio, this dude just stood in the same company for decades. This whole situation is very strange.

Ebro confirmed that he knew, Star confirmed that he knew. Star is from the Tri-State area so he definitely understood the Yusuf Hawkins case. Star also said that a lot of people at the station knew the truth about Paddy Duke. Furthermore, Paddy Duke's face and real name were shown and printed in the Daily News last year for the 30th anniversary of Hawkins murder. This ain't about Google, a lot of this info was out there. There just wasn't a priority to penalize him for it. But this documentary put his face, name and voice on display on a major streaming service during a time of civil unrest and racial strife. Hot 97 couldn't hide him anymore. Also, how the hell does he keep a radio job like that for that long? With the high turnover rates at radio, this dude just stood in the same company for decades. This whole situation is very strange.

The whole situation is strange.

But Ebro was 14 in Oakland or wherever he's from when it occurred. I'm not going to expect him to know the ins and outs of how serious it was.

Starr is a clown, because he is old enough to know. He did nothing and instead used his platform for gossip and tearing down black people.

None of them hired him or printed out his paychecks with his real name.

Time allows you to justify poor decisions you made in letting things slide early. And they should own up to that. What I saw in that video was pretty weak.

Yeah I don't think he came in "yo it's me from that case" or if he did he downplayed it, plus they never saw the testimony of just how involved he was. I'm pissed he got a chance to work there that long but can't put that much on co-workers. I just can't see someone truly aware in hip hop letting that fly in the early 90s with the wound still fresh. That said, doesn't absolve them of responsibility, and seems like they're dealing with it.

The whole situation is strange.

But Ebro was 14 in Oakland or wherever he's from when it occurred. I'm not going to expect him to know the ins and outs of how serious it was.

Starr is a clown, because he is old enough to know. He did nothing and instead used his platform for gossip and tearing down black people.

None of them hired him or printed out his paychecks with his real name.

People knew his name wasn’t Paddy Duke. I saw a clip of Nessa interviewing him and he indicated that it was a nickname. And I seem to recall Angie, in her old shows, always mentioning Paddy Duke and also mentioning “Pasquale”, which is Paddy’s real name. Angie, Paddy and Flex were all at Hot 97 since the beginning, since before it became a Hip Hop station. Star maybe a clown but I believe that he knew. And in typical Star fashion, he didn’t care one way or the other. And Ebro is also a clown but he confirmed that he knew. You can say that he was an Oakland kid so he didn’t know how serious the case was but Ebro fancies himself as a voice for the culture and likes to throw in how long he’s lived in NYC. Paddy might have downplayed his involvement but if Ebro received that information and didn’t follow up on it, then he screwed up in a major way. Yusuf Hawkins is an old case but was a huge case and led to a lot of protests. NYC was famous for the racial protests of the early 90s and Ebro was aware of them to a degree. I think Paddy is protected and the fact that people did know of his involvement in that case and he still worked there for decades is shameful.

Back
Top Bottom