Zadehkicks: Vol. The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you know how he would cancel your account and refund you if you inquired about an order? Well the reputation he created making people scared to reach out was totally, and pathologically, genius. People wouldn't reach out and wait for orders for past the 6 month guaranteed PayPal timeframe b/c they didn't want their accounts canceled. Since so many people did get fulfilled after even up to a year or more, people still held out hope. This protected him against a lot of chargebacks, and allowed him to keep the ball rolling.

My personal experiment would not have gone past the 6 month mark so I could chargeback. But I'm just talking hundreds on my experiment. I can't even fathom having tens and hundreds of thousands....still blows my mind thinking about people being comfortable doing that.

So you know how he would cancel your account and refund you if you inquired about an order? Well the reputation he created making people scared to reach out was totally, and pathologically, genius. People wouldn't reach out and wait for orders for past the 6 month guaranteed PayPal timeframe b/c they didn't want their accounts canceled. Since so many people did get fulfilled after even up to a year or more, people still held out hope. This protected him against a lot of chargebacks, and allowed him to keep the ball rolling.

My personal experiment would not have gone past the 6 month mark so I could chargeback. But I'm just talking hundreds on my experiment. I can't even fathom having tens and hundreds of thousands....still blows my mind thinking about people being comfortable doing that.
Great post. Although I never finished, I did study a little social psychology in college. From a psychology perspective this was executed objectively well considering how long this scheme lasted. With that said he deserves all that's coming to him... I wonder if he's gonna name some names. Would get very interesting then.

Psychology behind this is:
1. Folks too broke for resale and can’t get retail. All out of options and desperate for a kick and will bend knees to wait to get it.

2. The resellers. They want in as long as it’s make them happy. Kinda of like the two ronaldmcdonald suits that’s been shilling for 24 pages long on the old thread.

3. Zadeh toss out the bait with some shipment to keep the carrot dangling along.

Great post. Although I never finished, I did study a little social psychology in college. From a psychology perspective this was executed objectively well considering how long this scheme lasted. With that said he deserves all that's coming to him... I wonder if he's gonna name some names. Would get very interesting then.
He’s definitely going to have to spill the beans on everything. He’s not going anywhere. Fed don’t go in until they’ve built a case against you.

Psychology behind this is:
1. Folks too broke for resale and can’t get retail. All out of options and desperate for a kick and will bend knees to wait to get it.

2. The resellers. They want in as long as it’s make them happy. Kinda of like the two ronaldmcdonald suits that’s been shilling for 24 pages long on the old thread.

3. Zadeh toss out the bait with some shipment to keep the carrot dangling along.

Yup. Took advantage of the people who were scared.

Dam so this scheme finally fell apart? I always knew something was funny with this cat but people were getting their orders fulfilled for years without any major issues. Wonder what the final straw was that made him close up shop. Was it purely an exit scheme? I remember this dude was investing his shoe profits heavily in the legal marijuana business. Very curious to know what happened here.

Dam so this scheme finally fell apart? I always knew something was funny with this cat but people were getting their orders fulfilled for years without any major issues. Wonder what the final straw was that made him close up shop. Was it purely an exit scheme? I remember this dude was investing his shoe profits heavily in the legal marijuana business. Very curious to know what happened here.

He dramatically oversold stuff he couldn’t get hands on ex. SNKRS only releases like frag ts 1s, His wife’s stockx acct had purchases of $30m so he was filling a tremendous amount of product through secondary markets which showed a 2% profit surprisingly. But I bet over time once he got underwater he just drowned. Who knows how much on goat and eBay?

He dramatically oversold stuff he couldn’t get hands on that were Snkrs only releases like frag ts 1s, His wife’s stockx acct had purchases of $30m so he was filling a tremendous amount of product through secondary markets which showed a 2% profit surprisingly. But I bet over time once he got underwater he just drowned.
Think when MJ’s kid outted him a Benjaminkicks in twitter in April about the Trophy room scandal is when the feds started looking at him. I had $4000 on order from zadeh rips still not as bad as some of the amounts I’ve seen people out so far. Also got a email from the FBI the Ic3 division about it. Was tripping for a min. Chargeback city for me thank god I used a credit card. Most of these settlements will be 10¢ on the dollar maybe 25¢ if you really lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom