Zion's Signature Shoe - Restock: Naruto x Jordan Zion 1 SP 'Nine Tailed Demon Fox'

1614706461640.png

Zion-Williamson-Jordan-Z-Code-First-Look-1068x1433.jpg

This the only pic that's surfaced so far? Looks like a bit of 31-33 judging from the shape of the toe box and midsole at this angle. $130 is a good price point, just not sure that's good for tech specs. Don't think we've even gotten specs yet either?.? I doubt its getting the eclipse plate, best to hope for is full Zoom. Sorry if I missed info, haven't been keeping up with this shoe.

lol this is my point, MJ is the GOAT-everyone signed to JB is playing in the shadows of MJ. You can’t remove MJ from any Jumpman Branded sig shoes-it’s his brand first and foremost, regardless of the player that the sings represent.
Don’t mean to walk back down this alley to kick the dog, but this take is wrong. The whole league is essentially playing under MJ’s shadow, even with many arguing LeBron is the GOAT, it’s still Jordan’s league. Nike is hammering down that point with their jersey deal and putting the Jumpman logo on all teams alternate uni’s. JB grossing 3bil+ yearly is hammering down that fact. The JB basketball revenue swallows Nike Basketball several times over. That’s why Luka, Zion, Tatum, Beal are Jordan athletes. JB can easily absorb their contracts (most athlete endorsements are currently NOT profitable). Do you really think Nike would chose a “least profitable option” to JB four of the hottest names in basketball? Not a chance. This was their best business decision.

JBs issue in the past was they did NOT offer large contracts and they kept trying to appoint an heir to run the Air Jordan line. Their business and promo model has changed, around the time Russ was given a lifetime deal a couple years ago. Several schools, more athletes, more sports than ever. I’m an old head, but when I see Florida football wearing the Jumpman or the little girl wearing a Jumpman beanie, does my mind think Michael Jeffrey Jordan? No, I’m thinking about the brand, and how much it encompasses. It’s THAT big now.

Ultimately, all noble quotes and words from ex-Jordan guys aside, athletes usually follow the MONEY. Wade was offered more money, part ownership AND a division which was rare. JB had the right to match, they declined. Same with Kawhi. That’s routine business and happens everywhere.

There will NEVER be another player to rival the success of Jordan Brand. It’s the #2 Sportswear brand in the U.S (battling with #3 Adidas). The brand is international, it’s transcending, it’s more likely to be around longer than any active player’s career. If I’m an athlete, to say it restricts my ability to build a lasting personal brand is silly. Most accept brands aren’t handing out Team Lines, it’s extremely rare that happens (still waiting on that Team Lebron...) Going JB is an opportunity to relish, especially now that they’re offering bigger contracts. They have a Board of Governors amongst their athletes, they take care of their guys after retirement. It’s a fast moving engine that shows itself to be a constant cultural stable in the world, year after year.

Last edited:

So since he's not participating in the dunk contest, I wonder if he'll debut these during the all-star game on Sunday

I think that was always the plan, they were supposed to be out last years all star break when news broke of him signing with JB. He wasn't an all star though, wonder if thats why they waited longer to release them.

Don’t mean to walk back down this alley to kick the dog, but this take is wrong. The whole league is essentially playing under MJ’s shadow, even with many arguing LeBron is the GOAT, it’s still Jordan’s league. Nike is hammering down that point with their jersey deal and putting the Jumpman logo on all teams alternate uni’s. JB grossing 3bil+ yearly is hammering down that fact. The JB basketball revenue swallows Nike Basketball several times over. That’s why Luka, Zion, Tatum, Beal are Jordan athletes. JB can easily absorb their contracts (most athlete endorsements are currently NOT profitable). Do you really think Nike would chose a “least profitable option” to JB four of the hottest names in basketball? Not a chance. This was their best business decision.

JBs issue in the past was they did NOT offer large contracts and they kept trying to appoint an heir to run the Air Jordan line. Their business and promo model has changed, around the time Russ was given a lifetime deal a couple years ago. Several schools, more athletes, more sports than ever. I’m an old head, but when I see Florida football wearing the Jumpman or the little girl wearing a Jumpman beanie, does my mind think Michael Jeffrey Jordan? No, I’m thinking about the brand, and how much it encompasses. It’s THAT big now.

Ultimately, all noble quotes and words from ex-Jordan guys aside, athletes usually follow the MONEY. Wade was offered more money, part ownership AND a division which was rare. JB had the right to match, they declined. Same with Kawhi. That’s routine business and happens everywhere.

There will NEVER be another player to rival the success of Jordan Brand. It’s the #2 Sportswear brand in the U.S (battling with #3 Adidas). The brand is international, it’s transcending, it’s more likely to be around longer than any active player’s career. If I’m an athlete, to say it restricts my ability to build a lasting personal brand is silly. Most accept brands aren’t handing out Team Lines, it’s extremely rare that happens (still waiting on that Team Lebron...) Going JB is an opportunity to relish, especially now that they’re offering bigger contracts. They have a Board of Governors amongst their athletes, they take care of their guys after retirement. It’s a fast moving engine that shows itself to be a constant cultural stable in the world, year after year.

This is a great way to look at how the brand has evolved. From the original Jordan Brand Team of Bibby, Finley, Anderson to where they are now with more of a willingness to push sig models of higher caliber players.

The only point I disagree with is about who you think of when you see the jumpman. There is no way around seeing that logo and not connecting it to Jordan. That will never change unless they decide to rebrand the company name to Jumpman or something to that effect. Honestly though, it really doesn't need to change. I would be curious to know how they would design a model if they were to sign a player such as a Kobe or Lebron. Those type of athletes are few and far in between and warrant their own identity. Would they slap a Jumpman and Kobe logo on one shoe?

This is a great way to look at how the brand has evolved. From the original Jordan Brand Team of Bibby, Finley, Anderson to where they are now with more of a willingness to push sig models of higher caliber players.

The only point I disagree with is about who you think of when you see the jumpman. There is no way around seeing that logo and not connecting it to Jordan. That will never change unless they decide to rebrand the company name to Jumpman or something to that effect. Honestly though, it really doesn't need to change. I would be curious to know how they would design a model if they were to sign a player such as a Kobe or Lebron. Those type of athletes are few and far in between and warrant their own identity. Would they slap a Jumpman and Kobe logo on one shoe?
At the end of the day, it can be subjective as to what each one sees when they see the Jumpman.. I can’t be dogmatic about that, but I wanted to add honest perspective on the marketing side. As far as logo placement, you can have both, which has been done many times during JB history.. And honestly the branding on JB sigs has been much more muted than what Nike is doing with their sigs. Smaller jumpmans, no use of the word JORDAN...I always felt with how big Bron, KD, Giannis, Kobe are, why are they constantly slapping huge checks on the side of the shoe?

Zion’s looking nice - I don’t think that’s his logo honestly. I just can’t picture THAT selling on hats and tshirts...And as someone stated earlier, let’s get back into silhouettes for logos! They did it with Ray so it’s not like they can’t.

ceo insane ceo insane good points bruh. Especially with the logo sizes and branding.

They really need to turn down the volume on the logos etc. Nike has a major hard on with big swooshes since forever and one thing I enjoyed about Penny’s line was that Nike’s logo was smaller and his logo was bigger. He made that a point of emphasis when designing his shoes.

if new sig jordans are consistently utter trash, why would any of you have any hope for these lesser athletes' signature team Js?
🤔

Oh I'm not one of those people. I have one takes and one take twos, some why nots, etc. If I can ball in a shoe, I'll get it. I want those cp3.xiii's too but they are nowhere to be found.

Back
Top Bottom