Zion's Signature Shoe - Restock: Naruto x Jordan Zion 1 SP 'Nine Tailed Demon Fox'

Again, there is an actual silhouette and artistic representation of the man on the shoe as part of the logo/design element. The vast majority of people would see that logo and immediately associate it with Michael Jordan.

And again, right back at you, it's still the brand trademark. Man or not, it is the brand's logo, and is no different than a Swoosh. Signature players still have their own logos on the shoe. Your argument is never going to be not strange.

Change in topic..

Every Male NBA jordan brand athlete hasn't received more than 1 championship ring with an exception of Dwade & Ray Allen due to them receiving help from another Nike athlete. Lebron James.

Jordan brand athletes maybe curse to never win as much rings or close, to the man himself. Michael Jordan.

And again, right back at you, it's still the brand trademark. Man or not, it is the brand's logo, and is no different than a Swoosh. Signature players still have their own logos on the shoe. Your argument is never going to be not strange.

The logo contains an actual representation of a specific person who is not the signature athlete. This is not an opinion, this is an undeniable fact. If the Nike logo did, you would be correct.

New colorways, courtesy SBD & SHOF

zcodecolorways.PNG
zcodecolorways2.PNG

The logo contains an actual representation of a specific person who is not the signature athlete. This is not an opinion, this is an undeniable fact. If the Nike logo did, you would be correct.

Jesus Christ, I'm done. I never disputed the fact that the logo was a real person. Never. Not one single time. Even with this undeniable fact, it still doesn't change the other undeniable fact that the Jumpman is the logo of the Jordan Brand. Your argument is still weird, and I'd bet not a single solitary person besides you thinks that. I'd imagine for most players offered a Jordan contract, it's a badge of honor.

Oh ok, we doing z-code colorways and dates already?

We need that 35 info tho...

I updated the OP. We already had the 34s Bayou Boys colorway being officially called "Kelp". And then for his sig, they go with "Asparagus" & "Beetroot". Like are they just combing cookbooks for things you'd never wanna eat? :emoji_thinking: I can deal with Asparagus with Salmon, but if they come out with a colorway where "Okra" is one of the colors, I'm going with my theory.

I updated the OP. We already had the 34s Bayou Boys colorway being officially called "Kelp". And then for his sig, they go with "Asparagus" & "Beetroot". Like are they just combing cookbooks for things you'd never wanna eat? :emoji_thinking: I can deal with Asparagus with Salmon, but if they come out with a colorway where "Okra" is one of the colors, I'm going with my theory.
I have a high distain for okra 🤮🤢

Jesus Christ, I'm done. I never disputed the fact that the logo was a real person. Never. Not one single time. Even with this undeniable fact, it still doesn't change the other undeniable fact that the Jumpman is the logo of the Jordan Brand. Your argument is still weird, and I'd bet not a single solitary person besides you thinks that. I'd imagine for most players offered a Jordan contract, it's a badge of honor.

Then put your money where your mouth is, or, better yet, do some research if you think I’m the only person with this “weird” argument:

1. The players are always recognized before the brand. That’s why they have a bigger impact. You as a player are signed under Nike, Reebok, adidas; you’re signed under a sneaker brand, and you have your own signature shoe. That’s not how it works when you’re signed with Jordan Brand. Let me explain.

TO PUT IT SIMPLY, ANY NBA ATHLETE WHO CHOOSES TO SIGN WITH JORDAN BRAND WILL ALWAYS BE UNDER MICHAEL JORDAN’S SHADOW.

they will never be able to be their own brand due to the fact that when you see their signature shoe, the first thing that comes to mind the minute you see that Jumpman, is Michael Jordan. You don’t think about Chris Paul when you see his CP3 shoe. You don’t think about Carmelo when you see his Melo pair. You automatically think, Michael Jordan.

Source:

2. Regarding why he left Jordan Brand, Dwyane Wade said this:“Jordan set the blueprint for all of us. There's no reason to try to change it,” Wade tells Sole Collector. After all, part of Jordan’s journey was to create Jordan Brand with Nike. If a player is going to follow Jordan’s example, the way to do it is create their own brand. “You could tweak it, but you should follow,” Wade says.

Source: https://solecollector.com/news/2017/03/dwyane-wade-jordan-brand-michael-jordan

.,.Let me know if you need more examples.

Last edited:
Then put your money where your mouth is, or, better yet, do some research if you think I’m the only person with this “weird” argument:

1. The players are always recognized before the brand. That’s why they have a bigger impact. You as a player are signed under Nike, Reebok, adidas; you’re signed under a sneaker brand, and you have your own signature shoe. That’s not how it works when you’re signed with Jordan Brand. Let me explain.

they will never be able to be their own brand due to the fact that when you see their signature shoe, the first thing that comes to mind the minute you see that Jumpman, is Michael Jordan. You don’t think about Chris Paul when you see his CP3 shoe. You don’t think about Carmelo when you see his Melo pair. You automatically think, Michael Jordan.

Source:

2. Regarding why he left Jordan Brand, Dwyane Wade said this:“Jordan set the blueprint for all of us. There's no reason to try to change it,” Wade tells Sole Collector. After all, part of Jordan’s journey was to create Jordan Brand with Nike. If a player is going to follow Jordan’s example, the way to do it is create their own brand. “You could tweak it, but you should follow,” Wade says.

Source: https://solecollector.com/news/2017/03/dwyane-wade-jordan-brand-michael-jordan

Nobody thinks of Michael Jordan when they see an atrocious carmelo anthony or cp3 shoe.

And half the league wears ****ty kobe retros, so no, the the vast majority of players don't care if someone else's name or logo is on their shoes.

Only "sneakerheads" pay this much attention to insignificant details. The vast majority of players wear what they wear because they are paid to do so and will sign with who pays them the most.

If you truly think that dwayne wade's decision was solely based on integrity and not $$$, you're naive and gullible.

Source:

lol bad take man, if someone has a sig shoe, you’re gonna associate it with that athlete. in a sense, your argument can be said that when you see a pair of kobes or any other nike sig athlete, you’ll automatically think of nike only and not the athlete which is false.

Honestly I don’t think there’s much room these days for all these guys to have their own sig lines.. I mean a lot of Lebrons shoes don’t even do that well.. Id rather see JB athletes playing in PE 34s and PE retros than having their own model like Westbrook or whoever else.

If I was a JB signed baller I’d be like “just make me my own colorways of 16s 17s 18s 19s and 21s” and that’s what I would play in majority of the time. Along with whatever the new sig is as well.

100%. Do they still make PE colourways of retro Jordans for players these days? (mainly talking 1-17)

The only reason no one in JB has stood out on the court is because NONE of the athletes have even come close to measuring up. Jeter is the only one. If an athlete gets with JB they already know the Jumpman is gonna be there. Their play on the field or court is gonna dictate how that gets altered.
When I see a Melo, a CP3, or any other athletes sig I dont think MJ. The only time I think MJ is a current sig or retro. Zion has a chance to separate himself from the rest of the pack. If he does, the shoe he will be wearing will be Him. Not MJ. The Brand J wants a player to separate from the Jumpman. Other than Jeter, no one has come close to that.
Dwade left for the money....Period.

lol bad take man, if someone has a sig shoe, you’re gonna associate it with that athlete. in a sense, your argument can be said that when you see a pair of kobes or any other nike sig athlete, you’ll automatically think of nike only and not the athlete which is false.

Again, this is only the case with Jordan Brand because of the significance of the brand to Michael Jordan. Refer to what D. Wade said in the article I listed and also the other article that mentions the issues with signing to the brand. The issue is that while being signed to JB is prestigious, the actual reality of it is that athletes who have sig models are essentially playing with a logo depicting another man on their shoes and making it harder to build an individual brand vs playing in MJ’s brand’s shadow [recall MJ mentioned that they signed Melo because LeBron wanted to specifically sign to Nike]. Jimmy Butler recently mentioned how he ended his JB contract early because he had issues with MJ himself and didn’t want to rock with the brand anymore.

The only reason no one in JB has stood out on the court is because NONE of the athletes have even come close to measuring up.

lol this is my point, MJ is the GOAT-everyone signed to JB is playing in the shadows of MJ. You can’t remove MJ from any Jumpman Branded sig shoes-it’s his brand first and foremost, regardless of the player that the sings represent.

Honestly I don’t think there’s much room these days for all these guys to have their own sig lines.. I mean a lot of Lebrons shoes don’t even do that well.. Id rather see JB athletes playing in PE 34s and PE retros than having their own model like Westbrook or whoever else.

If I was a JB signed baller I’d be like “just make me my own colorways of 16s 17s 18s 19s and 21s” and that’s what I would play in majority of the time. Along with whatever the new sig is as well.

ALL of this right here.

Performance basketball hasn’t done well so releasing so many new sig lines doesn’t make sense unless you have older lines like KD, etc. stop producing more and more shoes. Hell, Kobe is pushing up roses but is STILL moving sig performance models like the AD, protos, etc. etc.

Change in topic..

Every Male NBA jordan brand athlete hasn't received more than 1 championship ring with an exception of Dwade & Ray Allen due to them receiving help from another Nike athlete. Lebron James.

Jordan brand athletes maybe curse to never win as much rings or close, to the man himself. Michael Jordan.

I think it’s more that superstar athletes with championship DNA like LeBron, KD, etc. aren’t gonna sign to Jordan Brand over the long term Lol

Smart move by JB to scoop up Zion and Luka early before they jump ship like Kawhi when/if they achieve massive success and better deals are thrown on the table. At a certain point, Nike/JB aren’t going to throw massive amounts of money to retain them and other brands will dump a ton of money to ge them just like NB did with Kawhi and UA did with Steph.

And half the league wears ****ty kobe retros, so no, the the vast majority of players don't care if someone else's name or logo is on their shoes.

The fact that you mentioned this shows that you completely missed my point about players having their own signature model. That’s why I posted those two articles to begin with.

The fact that you mentioned this shows that you completely missed my point about players having their own signature model. That’s why I posted those two articles to begin with.

I'd love to hear about how steph curry having a sig model with under armour has contributed to the growth of his brand. How about paul george? Dame? How well do you think embiid's sig shoe will do?

Do you think embiid's sig will do better than Zion's without being in Jordan's "shadow?" Is Dame's sig selling better than Westbrook's?

Ya theyre really gonna have to put a lid on this sig shoe stuff they’re all competing in a pretty small market these days..

Its not like the 90s where if you wanted a NICE pair of tennis shoes, basketball shoes would be one of very few options. And there weren’t really Retros back then either. You either wore the new sigs or you were out of the loop.

I'd love to hear about how steph curry having a sig model with under armour has contributed to the growth of his brand. How about paul george? Dame? How well do you think embiid's sig shoe will do?

Do you think embiid's sig will do better than Zion's without being in Jordan's "shadow?" Is Dame's sig selling better than Westbrook's?

You do realize Steph left Nike to join UA, right? He is given WAAAAY more opportunities to control his brand at UA than he is at Nike, not to mention financial incentives, etc. I hate UA and am not a fan of Steph or his line there but, in terms of brand-building, it absolutely makes sense:

"When the news of the rumored Curry brand resurfaced via a Bleacher Report Instagram post, Dwyane Wade commented, “Welcome to the 'own' brand club." That club is extraordinarily tiny: Wade has a lifetime deal with Chinese brand Li-Ning to make his Way of Wade brand, which counts D’Angelo Russell as a signee; the Brooklyn Nets’ Spencer Dinwiddie produces his own brand, K8iros; and both the Ball family and Stephon Marbury have tried unsuccessfully to go out on their own. And then, of course, there’s Michael Jordan—whose brand, in structure and in corporate support, seems to have the most in common with what UA is planning for Curry.

It’s no secret why Under Armour is keen to put Curry on the same path as Jordan: MJ's shingle does billions of dollars in sales every year. And UA is going to serious lengths to support its star: The brand brought on a former unnamed executive who helped create the Jordan Brand, according to the Times report, and has given Curry more say in the design of his shoes. "

SOURCE: https://www.gq.com/story/steph-curry-under-armour-deal

Signing with JB gives a player clout of being in the shadow of MJ, which itself requires the co-sign of MJ himself. That said, in terms of building an individual brand, I've yet to see any NBA players signed to JB really achieve anything resembling what Iverson was to Reebok or even Kobe (in his early years) was to Adidas, and now what LeBron is to Nike basketball.

Ya theyre really gonna have to put a lid on this sig shoe stuff they’re all competing in a pretty small market these days..

Its not like the 90s where if you wanted a NICE pair of tennis shoes, basketball shoes would be one of very few options. And there weren’t really Retros back then either. You either wore the new sigs or you were out of the loop.

This x100000.

It also doesn't make sense since the mainline/flagship model is still usually one of the best, if not the best performance basketball model on the market. I don't understand why they don't push PEs of it instead of making sig models. It seems like they could dedicate more resources to the flagship model and have their NBA pplayers all pushing it with PEs. I remember the sheer amount of PE AJ XXX1s that they pushed when that model dropped.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom