Zion's Signature Shoe - Restock: Naruto x Jordan Zion 1 SP 'Nine Tailed Demon Fox'

July 1 - "Bloodline" colorway release

Official Info release:

“From the time he was in high school, Zion keeps you right on the edge of your seat,” says Howard “H” White, VP, Jordan Brand Affairs. “You know that anything can happen. It’s like looking at a famous painting. No one’s really arguing about how special it is. All you can do is be in awe at what he does.”

In creating the Zion 1, Jordan Brand designers were taken by Williamson’s unique blend of star power. They looked to design a silhouette that both enabled his immense physical tools on the court while also illustrating personal traits that make him a one-of-a-kind superstar — and they didn’t have to look far. All they needed was to say his name.
“We knew that one of Zion’s main inspirations for the look of the shoe was superhero armor. But when we thought about an icon or symbol that could clearly draw out the shoe’s benefits, the “Z” made perfect sense to us,” says Vianney de Montgolfier, Senior Footwear Designer, Jordan Sport. “It’s the letter for speed, it has the base for power, and it’s maybe the most distinguishable letter in the alphabet. There’s nothing else like it.”

1618923949188.png

Williamson’s athletic force brings together speed and power to a level that, for White, puts him in rarified air. But Zion made an important impression on H and the brand in another way: his superstardom was joined by a down-to-earth nature rooted in values like love for his family, accountability to those who relied on him and a legacy of impact that should supersede any viral dunk montage viewed millions of times online. As the first Gen-Z athlete in Jordan Brand’s history, Williamson’s commitment to personal values has the cool poise of a veteran leader.

1618924006277.png

The Jordan x Zion apparel collection blends performance-inspired designs, materials and mobility with the comfort and versatility of everyday streetwear

1618924033824.png

Graphics, such as the anime-inspired biceps pose with exclamation marks, express Williamson’s youthfulness and his out-of-this-world strength.

“I remember talking to Zion once when he was close to the draft, when he said that he needed to go back to class,” says White. “He said that he was in the middle of a few projects with his classmates and that they depended on him. He couldn’t leave them hanging. Boy, that sounds a lot like the Black Cat, doesn’t it? We all have a responsibility to a certain standard. When a mountain of a man stands with the common man, that’s when phenomenal things happen.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"WELCOME TO ZION.

With a down-to-earth persona and abilities that are out of this world, Zion is unlike anybody else.On court, the gentle spirit who's all about family transforms into an unmatched force of unstoppable athleticism and speed.The Zion 1 kicks off his signature line with a design inspired by his duality of humility and superhuman ability.Full-length Air Strobel cushioning is stacked with a Zoom Air unit in the forefoot—a sensational mix of plush underfoot comfort and rapid responsiveness.It's light, stable and strong, with aggressive traction to help Zion grip the court and control his power.

Full-Length, Responsive Air
A full-length Air Strobel unit is stitched directly to the upper, sitting right under your foot for a cloud-like feel.An energy-returning Zoom Air unit is stacked underneath the forefoot to add an extra burst of responsiveness.

Locked-In to Step Out
A 2-loop band helps keep you secure each time you lace up, while higher sidewalls provide the utmost side-to-side stability.

A Different Type of Speed
A multi-directional outsole pattern provides stop-and-go traction for players who stay on their toes.

Plush Comfort Without the Weight
A dynamic, flexible tongue includes targeted padding over the top to ease lace pressure and to provide plush comfort without added weight."

• Black/Bright Crimson-Amarillo-White ( DA3130-001 ) {May 19)
  • Black/Metallic Gold-White (DA3130-002) {April 23}
  • Black/White-Bright Crimson (DA3130-006)
  • Light Smoke Grey/Smoke Grey-Black-Total Orange: DA3130-008
  • Green/Asparagus-Beach-Black (DA3130-300)
  • Blue Void/Fierce Purple-Indigo Haze-Bright crimson (DA3130-400) {May 5}
  • Blue Void/White-Metallic Gold-University Red (DA3130-401)
  • Dark Beetroot/Sesame-Metallic Red Bronze (DA3130-600) {May 26}

Attachments

• NikeNews_JordanBrand_ZionWilliamson_Zion1_08_102103.jpg
    NikeNews_JordanBrand_ZionWilliamson_Zion1_08_102103.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 3,359
Last edited:
Its going to be wack like the melo line was. He only had about 2 or three good out of the 10 plus sigs he had should have went with the swoosh over the jumpman imo.

Do you think if Russ, CP3, Zion, and possibly Luka having there own sig shoes hurts the sales of the flagship model? In the Melo era, would the flagship shoes sold better if he didn’t have his own line?
I don’t think it matters too much. If you look at overall sales for Nike, performance basketball shoes is a surprisingly low percentage. I think it’s less than 5% of their total business these days.

The price point is interesting considering how much they're paying him. I'm sure it will eventually go up, but I was thinking in the $150 range.

I wonder how the set up will be with his size..

The price point is interesting considering how much they're paying him. I'm sure it will eventually go up, but I was thinking in the $150 range.

I wonder how the set up will be with his size..

Prices are set based off of their contracts?

MJ's contract would be spectacular.

That price range is telling me minimal(or lower quality) materials used.

Last edited:
Do you think if Russ, CP3, Zion, and possibly Luka having there own sig shoes hurts the sales of the flagship model? In the Melo era, would the flagship shoes sold better if he didn’t have his own line?

The pricepoint would be lower than the flagship model though.

Tbh, I don’t understand the “Jordan Brand” athletes-they have to put MJ’s logo on their signature shoes (if they even have one) at least with Nike Basketball, they just have Nike’s swoosh.

Tbh, I don’t understand the “Jordan Brand” athletes-they have to put MJ’s logo on their signature shoes (if they even have one) at least with Nike Basketball, they just have Nike’s swoosh.

Agreed. It's not like he was the greatest player of all time, one of the top 3 most recognizable athletes ever, a global phenomenon, cash cow, and still relevant today. Why would anyone wanna be associated with that level of greatness? Makes no sense...

Honestly I don’t think there’s much room these days for all these guys to have their own sig lines.. I mean a lot of Lebrons shoes don’t even do that well.. Id rather see JB athletes playing in PE 34s and PE retros than having their own model like Westbrook or whoever else.

If I was a JB signed baller I’d be like “just make me my own colorways of 16s 17s 18s 19s and 21s” and that’s what I would play in majority of the time. Along with whatever the new sig is as well.

Agreed. It's not like he was the greatest player of all time, one of the top 3 most recognizable athletes ever, a global phenomenon, cash cow, and still relevant today. Why would anyone wanna be associated with that level of greatness? Makes no sense...

Because he isn’t them? Why have another man on you own sig shoe instead of the shoe being solely about yourself?

The pricepoint would be lower than the flagship model though.

Because he isn’t them? Why have another man on you own sig shoe instead of the shoe being solely about yourself?

This is a really strange argument. Not like Mike is still playing or anything. At this point, the Jumpman is just the brand symbol/trademark, no different than a Swoosh or 3 stripes. Melo, CP3, Russ all have their own logos that feature prominently on their shoe, the same as they would on a Swoosh branded shoe. A good chunk of the dudes in the league never even saw him play. The Jumpman is more of a status symbol to them than a real representation of Mike, the man.

This is a really strange argument. Not like Mike is still playing or anything. At this point, the Jumpman is just the brand symbol/trademark, no different than a Swoosh or 3 stripes. Melo, CP3, Russ all have their own logos that feature prominently on their shoe, the same as they would on a Swoosh branded shoe. A good chunk of the dudes in the league never even saw him play. The Jumpman is more of a status symbol to them than a real representation of Mike, the man.

Except that the symbol is LITERALLY a silhouette of MJ lol

Only person to have a good Jordan shoe was Michael Jordan. That stopped back in 98’

This x100000. People look at Jumpman branded shoes and they think of MJ first and foremost, not some lesser player like Melo lol When people see Nike Kobes, Kyries, or LeBrons, they think of those respective players.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still the trademark of a brand. Adidas is a mashup of the founder's name, so would you argue the same thing there?

Again, there is an actual silhouette and artistic representation of the man on the shoe as part of the logo/design element. The vast majority of people would see that logo and immediately associate it with Michael Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom