ZKI or ZKII any good?

I am 6'2'', 200 lbs with a medium build. I wear a size 13.5-14 and have flat, medium-width feet. I don't play a specific position, exceptthat I am always on the perimeter. I don't play "lockdown" defense or consider myself to be a "slasher"...I come off of screens a lotand usually find myself playing Phoenix Suns-style defense.

I'm definitely not the quickest guy around, so I'd like something that is relatively lightweight and has excellent traction and court feel to help meout as much as possible. I also like some substance to my shoe. Shoes like the 2k4 and hyperflight just don't feel safe to me. I am leaning more towardNike because I like zoom, but I'll consider Adidas if that is considered one of the best options. Reebok and Converse are dead to me.

I know some people will tell me to go to a store and try shoes on to see for myself, but finding a 14 is rare and a 13.5 is near impossible. For somereference, I have listed some shoes that I've tried in the past that I liked and disliked.

Liked:
Lebron II
AJ XIII
AJ XVI
OG Answer IV

Disliked:
Adidas Pilrahna (Horrible court feel and made my arches hurt.)
VC IV (Bad court feel and couldn't get a good fit. Felt like a knock-off shox shoe from k-mart.)
Zoom Drive (Too narrow. Otherwise, an exceptional shoe.)
Zoom Generation (Too much movement both front to back and side to side.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

jordan xxii .. best traction ive ever had in a shoe, and pretty well cushioned.. court feel is different, IPS feels great on these shoes, i love them..

another good option is AZK1, very good shoe, nice and stable... my fav shoe of all time!!!

zoom bb 2...the court feel, traction, and responsiveness of the zoom air are all great. these shoes are also fairly light but definitely there and have afarily wide base for great stability.

In your case, and especially because your size seems to fluctuate so much, I'd suggest heading to your nearest brand factory store. I'm a size 13myself--and unless I'm at a Footlocker or Champs when the new shipment comes in, pesumably, I'm out of luck. I was at a Nike and an adidas outletyesterday, and both had a healthy supply of size 12.5-14 shoes available.

It appears as if you prefer a more sensory ride underfoot, so I'd suggest rolling in something like the Air Force 25 or Lebron V. The AF25 is built arounda fairly wide base, offers an excellent fit in the heel, while the ankle strap is expertly placed and does not adversly pressure the front of the foot at all.

The Lebron V is extremely flexible right out of the box, offers an unmatched fit (thanks in part to the Dynamic Fit Sleeve) throughout. However, the thinmidfoot strap is hardly imperative to the shoe's performance, and does nothing to augment or improve overall fit. The upper could be precieved as confiningto some, while he toexbox is a bit narrow.

Hope this helps_

^^^everytime i go to nike and adidas stores they always have 11 and under. the ones by me never have size 14s.

the flat feet part, u gotta get some custom orthotics if u haven't already. No shoe is really gonna help is if u don't get them.

Now, u want a shoe with more substance while being lightweight as possible.
That pretty much takes away most guard shoes of today, including the recent Kobes, and the Zoom BBs.

somebody above suggested to go with Lebron V or the AF25, which i have to strongly agree with. Few other shoes i might throw your way include: Kobe I,Ultraposite, Flightposite I- (u can get these now on NDC), AJ XXIII

However, you have played with some of the best all-time: AJ XIII and the LBJIIs. Both of them are pretty good, so if you find them, you might want to go backto these

I tried the BB II on and it just didn't feel natural on my feet. Would you guys recommend either the Kobe I or Kobe II? Thanks!

^ I'm around your size but wear 12-12.5, and my feet are similar (medium arch, sort of wide feet)

I have two pairs of the AZK1, I loved the first one so much. They're great, I'd highly recommend. I didn't like the AZK2 much, it just felt off.

I'd say the Kobe 1 or the Kobe 3 are good options for you. I also am now balling with the air force 25 low, which I just copped for casual and it turns outis a performance beast. Lemme classify these pairs:

Kobe 1 - Smooth underfoot, responsive, great fit and lockdown, light, comfy
Kobe 3 - Natural as a pair of socks, not great cushioning wise (in terms of bounce or protection), but buying a 14 and wearing NBA socks might help you out.but great feel on the court
AF25 low - incredible cush, comfortable, nice fit but obviously a low. I like them a lot, they're accommodating for different foot sizes and have a cleanlook.

Good luck buying!

i current play in the 81 pt edition ZK1 and the main reason why i like them is they make you feel low to the ground, other reasons why i like em are thattheyre light, decently comfy, and ankle support is good. IMO lacks a bit of traction but i guess im spoiled because I played in jordan XVIIIs before playing inthe ZK1

I really wanted to like the ZKI but that shoe reminds me of playing in a more bulkier version of the Air Force I.

I can't get a "lock down" fit to save my life and overall I just think that it's rather clunky.

pimp.gif
@ them for casual wear tho

not to threadjack, but where can you still get zki's? i can only find the black colorway on eastbay/fl/champs/fa.

go with the lebron V, a really great shoe. I love the kobes all 3 of his shoes, but I prefer the lebron V, I also have the II and loved it but I think the V isa better shoe

Back
Top Bottom