Zoom BB 2 Lows Do Not Have Full-Length Zoom

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

what did u use to cut them open? cuz i been tryin to cut shoes open for about a decade now with ZERO success

it's not really an all-out dissection. i removed the sockliner and from there, used a pair of scissors to cut away some of the thin mesh material and thinfoam batting. if i hadn't sent these back, i could still put the sockliner in and ball in them. i'm not sure this method works with all shoes. i thinkthe zoom bb line is made in a particular way where the zoom bags are supposed to be lasted directly under your foot, and if you wanted a good peek at the zoom,you could do it unobtrusively without slicing apart the midsole phylon.

just checked my claim number on these zoom bb lows and i was approved for a voucher. so if anyone else out there has a pair, you should consider sending themin.

freechef -
what'd you say was wrong with them?
just that they didn't feel right without the zoom?

Thanks for the update.

I'm thinking about doing the same, but I checked out my pair and I'm not sure. I got the Nash All-Star version, but not the HoH edition. Just theregular Asia exclusives.

It definitely has zoom in the heel, but I can't be 100% certain because I didn't want to cut up that fabric just in case I send them in or end upselling them. But I tried to feel around in the forefoot and there's something there. It's not smooth, like there's kind of a bump there, but Ican't tell if it's an air bag or what.

What did your forefoot feel like? Was it smooth or was there a shock pad or anything?

Originally Posted by DNeou20

freechef -
what'd you say was wrong with them?
just that they didn't feel right without the zoom?
I was pretty honest with them. I basically said everything from my original post here. I even suggested they were committing fraud and attachedthe item description from the nike website promising "full zoom." I'm not sure I'd recommend that to everyone. If you were interested insending your pair in, I'd just say that the forefoot cushioning bottomed out.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Thanks for the update.

I'm thinking about doing the same, but I checked out my pair and I'm not sure. I got the Nash All-Star version, but not the HoH edition. Just the regular Asia exclusives.

It definitely has zoom in the heel, but I can't be 100% certain because I didn't want to cut up that fabric just in case I send them in or end up selling them. But I tried to feel around in the forefoot and there's something there. It's not smooth, like there's kind of a bump there, but I can't tell if it's an air bag or what.

What did your forefoot feel like? Was it smooth or was there a shock pad or anything?
As far as the general "feel" goes, from just walking around I could tell that the BB2's didn't have the same forefoot cushioningas the 1's.

But as far as removing the sockliner and putting your hand in there to get a "feel," I can tell you that I definitely did not feel a"bump." The biggest thing I noticed from feeling around was those horizontal score marks (pictured in the original post) in the forefoot. I guessthat's how the BB line gets it's famed flexible toe. I also felt the spots where my toes compressed the phylon and there was a huge imprint of my bigtoe, which should never happen in real zoom because zoom doesn't compress.

If you're afraid to cut away, try pressing down with your finger up and down the midsole and maybe you'll notice a difference in texture, perhaps wherethe zoom unit ends and foam takes over. Worth a try. Since you felt a "bump," I'd say you probably have real zoom in the forefoot. For me,that "bump" is what really separates the cushioning in the BB1 from the BB2.

If you're really dying to know if you have full-length, I'd suggest cutting some of that fabric to find out. You won't be sawing through foam andunless you're really awful with scissors, you won't puncture any potential zoom units. If everything's in place in your shoe, just put thesockliner back in and you probably won't notice that some thin fabric is missing from your midsole.

thanks for the reply
i'll try to send it back this week and jsut say they bottomed out...

Yeah, I'm not afraid of popping the air unit, just reluctant to mess up the shoes if they are okay.

I'm just going to play in them and if they aren't working I'll probably send them in or relegate them to casual. If they were the GR's then Iwould send them in asap, but I actually like the look of them a lot.

There's definitely some kind of bump, like something is there. They essentially feel like my BB lows, but I've worn my BB lows a lot so the units arekind of compressed and misshapen. There's also a hole underneath the insole in that fabric, one at the heel and one at the forefoot. You can see the airunit through that hole at the heel, so I thought since there was one at the forefoot, there was a unit there too.

Then I checked my AM90 currents and they also have that hole underneath the insole, but they definitely don't have air in the forefoot.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Yeah, I'm not afraid of popping the air unit, just reluctant to mess up the shoes if they are okay.

I'm just going to play in them and if they aren't working I'll probably send them in or relegate them to casual. If they were the GR's then I would send them in asap, but I actually like the look of them a lot.

There's definitely some kind of bump, like something is there. They essentially feel like my BB lows, but I've worn my BB lows a lot so the units are kind of compressed and misshapen. There's also a hole underneath the insole in that fabric, one at the heel and one at the forefoot. You can see the air unit through that hole at the heel, so I thought since there was one at the forefoot, there was a unit there too.

Then I checked my AM90 currents and they also have that hole underneath the insole, but they definitely don't have air in the forefoot.
Sounds like you've got the genuine article. Yeah, those little holes in the fabric are definitely the giveaway and I only noticed those holesat the heel and not at the forefoot. Also, that bump makes it pretty obvious as well as them feeling just like the BB 1 lows.

So I guess I'm out of some good lows for ball. If what you say about the All Star editions is true, maybe I should get a pair off ebay. The thing thatsucks is that they're about $120, and for that price, I might as well get those BB 1 lows. Decisions, decisions.

Anyone cop those Lebron VI Lows for ball yet? Sticking with zoom and I'm not interested in the lunar in those Kobes. Thanks for your help, man.

my lebron 6 lows will be in tomorrow. and i plan on playing in them tomorrow. look for a review either tomorrow evening or thursday.

^^ I'm definitely looking forward to that. Let us know if you feel a full-length zoom unit in there.

i will, but i doubt i will since the person from nike i spoke with said it was only heel and forefoot.

i did the same thing OP did.. cut the shoe open..sent it to Nike..and just found out i got approved for a voucher:

Status Description
We've inspected the product you've sent in, and we found a material and/or manufacturing flaw. We will be sending out a Product Voucher for thesuggested retail price of the item. You should receive this in about 5.-7 business days. To redeem the Product Voucher, just go to Nikestore.com and make yourselections. You'll find the space to enter your product voucher number on the payment page.

good looks OP

That'd be funny if they thought the "material and/or manufacturing flaw" was the incision you made when you cut the shoe open.

Originally Posted by onoudidntgf

im jw, did you guys get yours from outlets? if they are B grades this might be the reason why?
wouldn't matter since B-Grades are defined as cosmetic seconds that have no actual hindrance on performance of the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom