Zoom BB 2 Lows Do Not Have Full-Length Zoom

Though accepted as a solid performance shoe, the Zoom BB 2s are widely regarded as inferior to the BB 1s. Most cats cite the extremely wide fit of the 2s andlack of bounciness in the forefoot cushioning. I've got wide feet so I'm cool with the fit, but I've always suspected something was wrong with theforefoot cushioning. At first I noticed "firmness" but after two months of balling indoors, I found it strange I felt foam compressing under theballs of my feet, not the resilient bounceback of full-length Zoom.

Inspired by the XX3 dissection in the Jordan forum, I decided to take a peek inside . I didn't do a full-out dissection but here's what I found . . .

Zoom in the heel and nothing else!

3543326593c640253bf9jpg.jpg
By free_chef at 2009-05-18]

3543327651d0ce14ee18jpg.jpg
By free_chef at 2009-05-18
I guess we shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore. I just found it sad that the old reliable Zoom BB would fall prey to this . . . I was lookingforward to copping the BB 3'S but I don't know anymore.

nike is so dirty about that.

alot of people are gonna be disappointed when they dissect the lebron 6 low lol.

Originally Posted by mt3130

alot of people are gonna be disappointed when they dissect the lebron 6 low lol.

and I was actually considering the lebron 6 low. jesus, man. what dark cloud of suspicion.

it may have full-length zoom, but if you read the description it says that it has carbon fiber in the heel. you can tell it doesnt just by looking at thepicture lol.

also, if the shoe is exactly the same but a low top then how come its 50 bucks cheaper than the mid. im just saying its super suspect to me.

I knew mine felt funny when I ran in them.

Oh well, Zoom in the heel is more than enough for me. Of course I'd like full length Zoom or Forefoot zoom too, but it doesn't make that much of adifference to me.

Did Nike market them as having full-length zoom?

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

I knew mine felt funny when I ran in them.

Oh well, Zoom in the heel is more than enough for me. Of course I'd like full length Zoom or Forefoot zoom too, but it doesn't make that much of a difference to me.

Did Nike market them as having full-length zoom?

According to nikestore.com it's supposed to be full-length zoom: http://store.nike.com/ind...1/pid-167888/pgid-167890

For me, one of the draws of the Zoom BB line is solid performance from a non-sig shoe. You tell me full-length zoom for under $140? Sold! I know a lot ofserious ballers feel the same way. But if Nike is misleading people--eff that, flat out lying--about performance features and technology in their shoes thenpeople should know. I paid for full-length and I want full-length.

And I shouldn't feel bad for whining because I'm a consumer and this forum is about product reviews. Perhaps I've got a defective pair (it'shard to see how one machine would mistakenly spit out heel-Zoom midsoles and the other machines spit out full-length) and I'm curious if anyone else isexperiencing the same issue. Anyone care to open their old pair up?

Part of the reason I feel it's a relevant issue now is because the Zoom BB3 will be coming out next fall/winter. Seeing the decline from the mighty BB 1sto the BB 2s might tell us what to expect from next from Nike.

That explains a lot. Loved the cusioning in the BB 1's and ordered a pair of the BB 2 low and returned em cause of the lack of cushioning

i just wish nike could get the specs right on their own stuff...on their own site.

i just wish nike could get the specs right on their own stuff...on their own site.

do you think they did this on accident? They know... they just chose to tell us different. Always thought the bb2's felt cheap and wide so I never fell forit. The xx3's I've been complaining about since they released, look amazing feels horrible.

who knows.... i agree that these felt a bit weird for "full zoom"
but they still performed pretty well... They feel a lot different though
now that I have the zoom bb1 lows which feel almost like marshmallows
I have a pair of the white/red/black 2 lows on ice... might sell it though
already have 3 Kobe IVs DS and another pair of zoom bb1 lows coming to make 2.

Originally Posted by freechef

and I was actually considering the lebron 6 low. jesus, man. what dark cloud of suspicion.
don't worry... they are still double stacked
wink.gif

Man, that sucks. I love my BB1's and have been thinking of getting some 2's if I found them. I guess not. I love the soft forefoot cushioning in the1's. I wish Nike would always put full length zoom instead of sometimes just a pad in the heel and forefoot. Full length would have made the ZK1'samazing, but then again, maybe Nike or Kobe wanted them with just a little firmer feel. It does seem to make a big difference from my experience.

be sure not to confuse the lows with the mids. i know for sure that bb2 MIDS have zoom in the forefoot but of course i never set my feet into bb2 lows soi'll just have to take your word for it.

and i find it so disappointing that nike would pull something like that.
i agree with mt3130, nike should put up the specs of each of their shoes on their own site. i'm tired of having ask people or wait for a review, theyshould put the specs up for everyone's convenience.

Man, those are some bush league tactics right there.

Advertised as full-length, that's a straight up lie. Maybe I can get a voucher for my pair.

I don't think it makes that much of a difference performance wise, but if they marketed them as having full zoom then we're getting shafted.

I've never considered trying to get a voucher through their special orders system, but even something as simple as this might be motivation enough to try.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Man, those are some bush league tactics right there.

Advertised as full-length, that's a straight up lie. Maybe I can get a voucher for my pair.

I don't think it makes that much of a difference performance wise, but if they marketed them as having full zoom then we're getting shafted.

I've never considered trying to get a voucher through their special orders system, but even something as simple as this might be motivation enough to try.

well, the ones i took pictures of above, i just sent in for a voucher. i talked to nike on the phone and they said i might be disqualified because i"tampered" my pair just by opening them up.

it'll be three weeks before i hear back from nike. i'll let you guys know if the travesty continues. that's why i wanted to document this incidentwith you all just in case they don't give me a voucher.

Originally Posted by kaczalas

wink.gif
Yeah but do they also have full length zoom as well like the mids?

^ i'm very sure bb2 mids have full length as i ball in them all the time. go ahead and try them at your local champs but be careful, you might fall inlove.

do you think they did this on accident? They know... they just chose to tell us different. Always thought the bb2's felt cheap and wide so I never fell for it. The xx3's I've been complaining about since they released, look amazing feels horrible.

im pretty sure that constitutes false advertising. what can they claim? that they didnt know? they made the shoe lol.

Do the BB2 Mid have full length zoom??

yea they did. it was definitely noticable.

BB2 mids definitely has full length zoom. i've got wider feet so wearing these are like a dream.

Originally Posted by ldea

Originally Posted by kaczalas

wink.gif
Yeah but do they also have full length zoom as well like the mids?
I REALLY doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom