Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

I agree that it's a solid indicator for good traction for most sneakerheads, but I disagree that it's a strong indicator overall.

This is a good discussion.

I might compare it to most sneakerheads who think low tops lead to sprained ankles, or that there's a higher risk. My opinion is that most people think squeaking is a strong indicator of good traction, and I don't think it really is. I was thinking about the shoes I've played in with the absolutely most dependable traction.

XVIII lows - ridiculous traction, not the best shoe overall, but the outsole stuck like crazy. They didn't squeak that much.
BB Lows - squeaked every now and then.
SuperCreators - don't squeak that often.

I could go on and on. I think it has more to do with the type of movement and cuts that are being made. I might hear squeaks on moves where I'm not really putting my meager power into it, and I might hear them on power moves. But it doesn't have to do with the shoe as much as the movement.
I agree about the noise depending on the movement. Also, squeak level (loud, soft) does not indicate traction (better,worse). So as long as a sneaker would squeak,
it has good traction to me. Not like the louder the squeaking sound, better traction. Anyway, good stuff bro. See your point.
pimp.gif

Ive played in these 3 times, and my feet hurt after 2 games.. Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem? Also, why does the insole move around inside the shoe? They keep slipping inside the shoe when I drive.. Is it because they haven't "molded to my feet" yet? PLZ help!

Ive played in these 3 times, and my feet hurt after 2 games.. Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem? Also, why does the insole move around inside the shoe? They keep slipping inside the shoe when I drive.. Is it because they haven't "molded to my feet" yet? PLZ help!

Originally Posted by TheJRRRD

You have to break them in. I have three pairs and it was a problem with all three until they were broken in. Also to the guy above with the insole problems....ditto on all three.

Originally Posted by TheJRRRD

You have to break them in. I have three pairs and it was a problem with all three until they were broken in. Also to the guy above with the insole problems....ditto on all three.

shoe needs to be broken in first. period. impossible to feel the full
performance of the shoe on the first wear... give it a week or two.

shoe needs to be broken in first. period. impossible to feel the full
performance of the shoe on the first wear... give it a week or two.

yea i rolled my ankle in them a couple times, you'd figure they'd continue on the good quality like that of the IV right? the ankle lockdown on those were the main selling point imo

yea i rolled my ankle in them a couple times, you'd figure they'd continue on the good quality like that of the IV right? the ankle lockdown on those were the main selling point imo

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

^
that's starting to happen to my insoles too. But hey, you can glue it. I'm about to
glue mine before it gets any worse like that...
Not gonna make a difference. I've superglued it 3x already, even when it started.

Question: How are the newest KD's compared to these?

^
that's starting to happen to my insoles too. But hey, you can glue it. I'm about to
Not gonna make a difference. I've superglued it 3x already, even when it started.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

^

really? NO WAY. that sucks man. what do you think is the best way to remedy this?

Originally Posted by Luong1209

^

really? NO WAY. that sucks man. what do you think is the best way to remedy this?

For those of you that have had problems with your insole peeling.  I had this same issue until I moved a half size up.  Came back to write an update as I've just about run my hooping VIs into the ground after only owning them for 2 months but play 3-5x a week for 2-3 hours at a time.  Overall I'm happy with the shoe, and therefore have a pair of Tour Yellows on deck to hoop in next.  The only problem I haven't been to avoid is now that my insole is broken in so much (its very thin) I have alot of movement with the insole, side to side, front to back.  This test is simply done by using my hand and moving the insole around.  I've been wanting to glue it down but am hesitant to do so.  The insole seems to be the only downside to this shoe.  With that being said, has anybody replaced their insoles with Dr Scholls or any other insole replacement?

For those of you that have had problems with your insole peeling.  I had this same issue until I moved a half size up.  Came back to write an update as I've just about run my hooping VIs into the ground after only owning them for 2 months but play 3-5x a week for 2-3 hours at a time.  Overall I'm happy with the shoe, and therefore have a pair of Tour Yellows on deck to hoop in next.  The only problem I haven't been to avoid is now that my insole is broken in so much (its very thin) I have alot of movement with the insole, side to side, front to back.  This test is simply done by using my hand and moving the insole around.  I've been wanting to glue it down but am hesitant to do so.  The insole seems to be the only downside to this shoe.  With that being said, has anybody replaced their insoles with Dr Scholls or any other insole replacement?

Back
Top Bottom