Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

^
because the zk6's soles NEED to be broken in before they
perform well. So if you don't play enough basketball in them,
you'll probably get a less than satisfactory performance
traction-wise after a single game. My zk6s SQUEAK even
on a dirty floor. It was the worst floor I've played on- heavy dust, slippery weathered cement and peeling paint. but it squeaked all game
and gripped the floor like crazy.

I think it's reasonable for someone to play in a shoe first for
2 weeks of ball before they troll around. Have you played in
the 6s? Because I've played 3 REAL games in them including
a bunch of practices and pick up games. scruffed up and dirty
as hell.

my V's never squeaked 
frown.gif
 if they did, i would wear them more often. 

it wasn't very long until my zk6 started to squeak.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

^
because the zk6's soles NEED to be broken in before they
perform well. So if you don't play enough basketball in them,
you'll probably get a less than satisfactory performance
traction-wise after a single game. My zk6s SQUEAK even
on a dirty floor. It was the worst floor I've played on- heavy dust, slippery weathered cement and peeling paint. but it squeaked all game
and gripped the floor like crazy.

I think it's reasonable for someone to play in a shoe first for
2 weeks of ball before they troll around. Have you played in
the 6s? Because I've played 3 REAL games in them including
a bunch of practices and pick up games. scruffed up and dirty
as hell.

my V's never squeaked 
frown.gif
 if they did, i would wear them more often. 

it wasn't very long until my zk6 started to squeak.

Oh, simple misunderstanding. You literally meant that they haven't played enough in the Kobe VI's and need to break them in more. I thought you meant they don't play enough basketball in general, which didn't make sense to me.

I don't own a pair, maybe when they drop in price and I need a new pair.

Squeaking doesn't mean anything. I could make my dress shoes squeak in a gym floor, doesn't mean they have good traction.

Oh, simple misunderstanding. You literally meant that they haven't played enough in the Kobe VI's and need to break them in more. I thought you meant they don't play enough basketball in general, which didn't make sense to me.

Squeaking doesn't mean anything. I could make my dress shoes squeak in a gym floor, doesn't mean they have good traction.

^
It's cool bro. But regarding the squeaking not translating to good traction...
I don't know man. I'm pretty sure if it squeaks on hardwood (by just simply
moving around or running), it has good traction. Been playing since I was
in grade school and my jordan 8s would squeak. my 12s squeak too. zk4s
squeak. 2k4s squeak.

^
It's cool bro. But regarding the squeaking not translating to good traction...
I don't know man. I'm pretty sure if it squeaks on hardwood (by just simply
moving around or running), it has good traction. Been playing since I was
in grade school and my jordan 8s would squeak. my 12s squeak too. zk4s
squeak. 2k4s squeak.

true that on the zk4 and 2k4s two of my favorite bball shoes of all times and the shoes I remember wearing in my best games (for pickup anyways). I like the 5s stiffness as opposed to zk6 only because i feel like my foot slides over when moving left to right quickly, the traction is good though i think its the material used on a lot of them its more like the clear rubber as opposed to the more opaque rubber they use mainly for kobe 5s. traction on zk4 & zk6 > zk5 but since I can't get anymore zk4s for a reasonable price been using my zk5s since they're cheap

true that on the zk4 and 2k4s two of my favorite bball shoes of all times and the shoes I remember wearing in my best games (for pickup anyways). I like the 5s stiffness as opposed to zk6 only because i feel like my foot slides over when moving left to right quickly, the traction is good though i think its the material used on a lot of them its more like the clear rubber as opposed to the more opaque rubber they use mainly for kobe 5s. traction on zk4 & zk6 > zk5 but since I can't get anymore zk4s for a reasonable price been using my zk5s since they're cheap

The staying power for the Kobes is amazing, and hard on the wallets. Usually when the new shoe comes out, the old one loses allure and value, the but IV and V still go for decent prices. I don't want to pay more than $40 for the V's, so I've been waiting for a while.

About the squeaking, I don't think it's that meaningful because there are shoes with good traction don't squeak and shoes that squeak that have average traction. In my experience, there doesn't seem to be a strong trend or correlation.

The staying power for the Kobes is amazing, and hard on the wallets. Usually when the new shoe comes out, the old one loses allure and value, the but IV and V still go for decent prices. I don't want to pay more than $40 for the V's, so I've been waiting for a while.

About the squeaking, I don't think it's that meaningful because there are shoes with good traction don't squeak and shoes that squeak that have average traction. In my experience, there doesn't seem to be a strong trend or correlation.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

if they squeak, that means that the bottom of the shoe is causing enough friction with the ground for them to grip to the hardwood.
my VI's squeak and i don't slip AT ALL. my V's dont, and i slip and slide everywhere. 

if they squeak, that means that the bottom of the shoe is causing enough friction with the ground for them to grip to the hardwood.
my VI's squeak and i don't slip AT ALL. my V's dont, and i slip and slide everywhere. 

Originally Posted by al3x89

I'm sure you're right in describing your situation.  But again, squeaking isn't ALWAYS indicative of "the bottom of the shoe causing enough friction with the ground for them to grip to the hardwood."  An outsole can grip the court very well without squeaking, whether on hard cuts, running, jogging, whatever.  I've worn shoes where I slip and slide, yet they still squeak.

My Supernatural Creators don't squeak nearly as much as say my Jordan XX's, yet I trust the traction of the SuperCreators much more.

Originally Posted by al3x89

I'm sure you're right in describing your situation.  But again, squeaking isn't ALWAYS indicative of "the bottom of the shoe causing enough friction with the ground for them to grip to the hardwood."  An outsole can grip the court very well without squeaking, whether on hard cuts, running, jogging, whatever.  I've worn shoes where I slip and slide, yet they still squeak.

My Supernatural Creators don't squeak nearly as much as say my Jordan XX's, yet I trust the traction of the SuperCreators much more.

^
ALWAYS might be a strong word and very all inclusive.
and every event in the world is too many to really include
everything. so let's reword this.

squeaking is a STRONG indicator and very much so a
solid standard for most sneakerheads for good traction.
But it's still case to case since some people might have
stepped on a mouse and stuck to their sole making it
squeak every step.It's a big world. LOL

^
ALWAYS might be a strong word and very all inclusive.
and every event in the world is too many to really include
everything. so let's reword this.

squeaking is a STRONG indicator and very much so a
solid standard for most sneakerheads for good traction.
But it's still case to case since some people might have
stepped on a mouse and stuck to their sole making it
squeak every step.It's a big world. LOL

I agree that it's a solid indicator for good traction for most sneakerheads, but I disagree that it's a strong indicator overall.

This is a good discussion.

I might compare it to most sneakerheads who think low tops lead to sprained ankles, or that there's a higher risk. My opinion is that most people think squeaking is a strong indicator of good traction, and I don't think it really is. I was thinking about the shoes I've played in with the absolutely most dependable traction.

XVIII lows - ridiculous traction, not the best shoe overall, but the outsole stuck like crazy. They didn't squeak that much.
BB Lows - squeaked every now and then.
SuperCreators - don't squeak that often.

I could go on and on. I think it has more to do with the type of movement and cuts that are being made. I might hear squeaks on moves where I'm not really putting my meager power into it, and I might hear them on power moves. But it doesn't have to do with the shoe as much as the movement.

I agree that it's a solid indicator for good traction for most sneakerheads, but I disagree that it's a strong indicator overall.

I might compare it to most sneakerheads who think low tops lead to sprained ankles, or that there's a higher risk. My opinion is that most people think squeaking is a strong indicator of good traction, and I don't think it really is. I was thinking about the shoes I've played in with the absolutely most dependable traction.

XVIII lows - ridiculous traction, not the best shoe overall, but the outsole stuck like crazy. They didn't squeak that much.

I could go on and on. I think it has more to do with the type of movement and cuts that are being made. I might hear squeaks on moves where I'm not really putting my meager power into it, and I might hear them on power moves. But it doesn't have to do with the shoe as much as the movement.

Anyone have this problem? 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

w6xcbc.jpg

I do play frequently, but this happened early and after super gluing.

Anyone have this problem? 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

w6xcbc.jpg

I do play frequently, but this happened early and after super gluing.

^That sucks. I've had that happen in other shoes and once it starts...

I find it kind of ironic though, considering the text that's actually on the insoles.

^That sucks. I've had that happen in other shoes and once it starts...

I find it kind of ironic though, considering the text that's actually on the insoles.

^
that's starting to happen to my insoles too. But hey, you can glue it. I'm about to
glue mine before it gets any worse like that...

^
that's starting to happen to my insoles too. But hey, you can glue it. I'm about to
glue mine before it gets any worse like that...

I agree about the noise depending on the movement. Also, squeak level (loud, soft) does not indicate traction (better,worse). So as long as a sneaker would squeak,
it has good traction to me. Not like the louder the squeaking sound, better traction. Anyway, good stuff bro. See your point.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom