Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

So did theKobe V's really have worse traction than the Kobe VI's?! I think the VI's traction is subpar...but that's because I'm spoiled with the Kobe IV's squeaky traction......

So did theKobe V's really have worse traction than the Kobe VI's?! I think the VI's traction is subpar...but that's because I'm spoiled with the Kobe IV's squeaky traction......

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by jman8811

^Depends if you want court feel or cushioning...lows or ankle support...if you're a guard or forward...lightweight or a bit more protection? There are a lot of factors when asking what shoe you think would be better for you...me, I pick the Kobe VI's over the Lebron VIII v2s because I feel that the Lebron's are just too high from the court for me. Take into account that I am 5'8" and 170 pounds......

a lower cut shoe isn't going to give you less ankle support. 
i see more players rolling their ankles in high tops than low tops. 

just this season:

stephen curry - hyperfuse and hyperdunks

lebron james - lebron 8

chris kaman - i believe he rolled his ankle in an airmax shoe (lebron 8 or airmax hyperdunk)

jerryd bayless - some adidas shoe, not sure of the name

beasley - again, another high-top adidas shoe

tyreke evans - nike hyperdunk 2010

daniel gibson - lebron soldiers

ben wallace - nike hyperfuse

probably a couple of more players but i just did a quick list.

as for lows, kobe bryant - ya he rolled his ankle in the ZK4/5, but did he miss significant amount of time? as far as i can remember, no
Players seem more secure with the higher cut shoe, it might not actually benefit them in ankle support but it's more of a mental thing than anything...ALSO, Kobe tapes his ankles and I highly doubt that majority or most people on Niketalk get their ankles taped every game.  So do take that into account......

^Depends if you want court feel or cushioning...lows or ankle support...if you're a guard or forward...lightweight or a bit more protection? There are a lot of factors when asking what shoe you think would be better for you...me, I pick the Kobe VI's over the Lebron VIII v2s because I feel that the Lebron's are just too high from the court for me. Take into account that I am 5'8" and 170 pounds......

just this season:

lebron james - lebron 8

chris kaman - i believe he rolled his ankle in an airmax shoe (lebron 8 or airmax hyperdunk)

as for lows, kobe bryant - ya he rolled his ankle in the ZK4/5, but did he miss significant amount of time? as far as i can remember, no
Players seem more secure with the higher cut shoe, it might not actually benefit them in ankle support but it's more of a mental thing than anything...ALSO, Kobe tapes his ankles and I highly doubt that majority or most people on Niketalk get their ankles taped every game.  So do take that into account......

just this season:

lebron james - lebron 8

almost every single nba player gets their ankles taped, and then re-taped (some) at halftime, whether they wear lows or not. so take that into account 
tongue.gif

i read somewhere that ankle tape is pointless shortly after the game starts because everything just loosens up. i don't know if this is a myth or not though.

just this season:

lebron james - lebron 8

almost every single nba player gets their ankles taped, and then re-taped (some) at halftime, whether they wear lows or not. so take that into account 
tongue.gif

i read somewhere that ankle tape is pointless shortly after the game starts because everything just loosens up. i don't know if this is a myth or not though.

^I wouldn't say almost all NBA players...maybe about 65-70%. Ankle tape will loosen a bit, but it still provides more support than just wearing mid tops. I doubt Lebron or Rondo were wearing tape before they injured their ankles......

^I wouldn't say almost all NBA players...maybe about 65-70%. Ankle tape will loosen a bit, but it still provides more support than just wearing mid tops. I doubt Lebron or Rondo were wearing tape before they injured their ankles......

Add me to the list of people that find the V superior to the VI.  I can't get past the heel slippage.  Doesn't matter how tight I tie them or if I go down a size.  Also don't like the fact that it has one less lace hole, which leads to gaping on a flex.  Its a good looking shoe (Concord) but doesn't reach the performance level of the V.  With that said, I'm sure I'll grab a couple more pairs to wear casually.

Add me to the list of people that find the V superior to the VI.  I can't get past the heel slippage.  Doesn't matter how tight I tie them or if I go down a size.  Also don't like the fact that it has one less lace hole, which leads to gaping on a flex.  Its a good looking shoe (Concord) but doesn't reach the performance level of the V.  With that said, I'm sure I'll grab a couple more pairs to wear casually.

my mini review of the kobe VI (compairing it to the KOBEV)

Fit: V > VI ...... i experienced some slight heel slippage, and the overall fit of the V is better
Cushion: VI > V ..... the VI feel much much more plush and softer then the V
Traction: VI > V ..... altho i find the V decent grip , the VI actually have better grip then my V.. it might be because my VI are newer, but i remember some slippage on my V when i first got them, but that improved over time.. so if my VI grip is better from the start, im assuming the grip will just improve just like V.

my mini review of the kobe VI (compairing it to the KOBEV)

Fit: V > VI ...... i experienced some slight heel slippage, and the overall fit of the V is better
Cushion: VI > V ..... the VI feel much much more plush and softer then the V
Traction: VI > V ..... altho i find the V decent grip , the VI actually have better grip then my V.. it might be because my VI are newer, but i remember some slippage on my V when i first got them, but that improved over time.. so if my VI grip is better from the start, im assuming the grip will just improve just like V.

you guys must have some small **$ heels cuz no slippage here. fit better than the V. best kobes ever. tied with the 3 maybe you should size down

you guys must have some small **$ heels cuz no slippage here. fit better than the V. best kobes ever. tied with the 3 maybe you should size down

Originally Posted by I3

I'll give a review when I wear these as soon as the gyms open up.

I am a traction aficionado - Its one of the top selling points for me, as well as weight and support. First time i've worn a low top in awhile so we'll see how they go.

So I balled in them for the first time on a below average court (dusty)

This was the first time ive played in long tops for awhile so I was hesitant to go all Kobe Bryant..

Cushioning:
A bit higher of the ground than usual, i've played in 2K4s most of my life, so in comparison I would say they are a bit higher off the ground.  Anyways, the cushioning on the 6s is excellent - very responsive whist not being too mushy a.k.a Answer IV DMX.  Im not the heaviest - so I can't comment on the durability for heavier people.

Fit:
Snug fit, true to size.  I've noticed that if I didn't lace it to the top eyelet there was severe heel-slip.  I usually go up .5 size as I double sock and/or wear ankle tape.  However its a lockdown fit, like movement within the shoe.

Traction:
Not the best.  As I said before I was playing on an average floor which was a bit dusty.  The 6s did well though, but not as good as the tried and tested herringbone system.  This was a huge letdown for me and probably the reason why I won't be getting anymore pairs.  I had to constantly wipe them with my hands and I wasn't confident in slashing and cutting to the basket like Kobe.

I recommend this shoe, even though I haven't played in many other kicks - id rate them up there with the 2K4.  The traction let me down and for me that is a big part of buying a shoe.

$175 Nike Id's it is.

Originally Posted by I3

I'll give a review when I wear these as soon as the gyms open up.

I am a traction aficionado - Its one of the top selling points for me, as well as weight and support. First time i've worn a low top in awhile so we'll see how they go.

So I balled in them for the first time on a below average court (dusty)

This was the first time ive played in long tops for awhile so I was hesitant to go all Kobe Bryant..

Cushioning:
A bit higher of the ground than usual, i've played in 2K4s most of my life, so in comparison I would say they are a bit higher off the ground.  Anyways, the cushioning on the 6s is excellent - very responsive whist not being too mushy a.k.a Answer IV DMX.  Im not the heaviest - so I can't comment on the durability for heavier people.

Fit:
Snug fit, true to size.  I've noticed that if I didn't lace it to the top eyelet there was severe heel-slip.  I usually go up .5 size as I double sock and/or wear ankle tape.  However its a lockdown fit, like movement within the shoe.

Traction:
Not the best.  As I said before I was playing on an average floor which was a bit dusty.  The 6s did well though, but not as good as the tried and tested herringbone system.  This was a huge letdown for me and probably the reason why I won't be getting anymore pairs.  I had to constantly wipe them with my hands and I wasn't confident in slashing and cutting to the basket like Kobe.

I recommend this shoe, even though I haven't played in many other kicks - id rate them up there with the 2K4.  The traction let me down and for me that is a big part of buying a shoe.

$175 Nike Id's it is.

^ i feel the same way about the traction. i don't understand why nike has to get all fancy. it's the bottom of the shoe, who cares.

^ i feel the same way about the traction. i don't understand why nike has to get all fancy. it's the bottom of the shoe, who cares.

Played in my Concords for the first time last night. I skipped the V's, so I can only compare to the IV's, but to me these were a definite upgrade. Fit is better, forefoot cushioning is better, and I had no heel slip whatsoever with the shoe laced moderately tight. I am not usually sold on the Wire series, but I will get another pair of these.

Back
Top Bottom