Zoom Lebron VII Little info....NO Pics!!!!

Originally Posted by kaczalas

You are forgetting about one thing... you focused on the marketing, money and the freedom that comes with signing with an unknown (basketball-wise) brand... but there's one more VERY IMPORTANT aspect. If I were LeBron I would ask myself can UA give me a good performing shoe?! You talk about V and VI being strikes 1 and 2 and VII (before seeing the output) is 3. But actually those are GREAT kicks. ZLV is IMHO the best all-around Zoom LeBron sneaker thus far. I still don't think there's anything with better traction out there. LeBron seemed to enjoy The Six too as he's been jumping right out of the gym this season. Also, no injuries... nothing! VII... well we haven't even seen it yet... but my sources claim it to be a performance beast as well. Looks are boring (based on one blurry pic)... I wil give you that... but let's wait a while before we judge it. So being used to the best kicks on the market and the unmatchable Zoom Air technology (... and more) I would be really AFRAID (yes that's the right word) that signing with UA would result in a big downgrade. Let's face it... he's the best player in the NBA... he needs good shoes to play 100 games a year... and it takes time to develop technology that would match with Nike's best stuff. I would be also worried about injuries and such, so I would really think twice. It's no secret LeBron wants to earn money, but there's more to it.
Nike can't afford to lose the face of the brand... and neither can LeBron. That's my take.

LeBron James is my idol... true. But that's not the only reason why I buy his shoes. The most important thing for me is basketball performance and if his UA kicks would be bad for balling I WOULD REFUSE to buy them. End of story. I would focus on Zoom BB 3,4,5 or whatever else from Nike's top shelf instead.
Greg- these are all personal opinions of the shoes based on your personal use. Bron is a MiddleLinebacker playing on a hardwood; tremendous impact and wear on his knees. His "jumping" out the gym is not a complete tribute to the VI as much asit was his age ( not in his prime 24....Bron at 30 in these shoes would not be jumping out the gym), new conditioning coach working double time on strength& agility drills
pimp.gif
Plus, his year round commitment to the OlympicSquad under Coach K is a BIG factor ( notice the improvement of Bosh, Wade, Melo, D. Williams and Kobe's game this year). No shoe did that....
happy.gif

I can clearly recall Bron slipping and twisting his ankles in the III's, IV's and 20.5.5 yet those are some of his most sucessful commercially shoes todate.
ohwell.gif

Unless u are Bron's HT/WT... u cannot make these general assumptions because Nike is the commericial standard. UA may or may not have something in storefor Bron... but if they do, and he goes, there will be people lining to see if it is a worthwhile venture... 57% of the consumers of Nike apparel are notworld-class athletes.........

I know one thing.... Bron wearing UA gear would be on point..... Nike has NOTHING ON THEIR GEAR... period. I love Nike shoes but their performance gear islacking.....

Nothing could be better for this industry than Bron going to UA. I hope it happens. GREAT points for both sides by everybody. And Rock- FEELING that pointabout the kids in Akron. UA has some killer ammo.

So lets take this Convo to the new Thread so the VII thread can stand on its own....

Big Youngin's Options Thread

i only mention the money because LBJ has been very explicit about his desire to build himself as a brand & be the first billionaire athlete...the more ithink about it, i could definitely see it happening, mostly because it falls in line with LBJ's goal to be a standalone icon...i do think that the brandmost likely to do that for him is the one he is currently with...just do not see UA with LBJ changing the game, i kinda think people will wild out for that 1stshoe, anticipate the 2nd, and be indifferent on the 3rd. i just wonder if UA is really going to want to go in like that...
i'm with vocal, i want this to happen...just to see how things would play out
Originally Posted by RockDeep

Does Nike consider a shoe sold in certain cities at a limited number in special colorways as a Lifestyle shoe a success? OR do they consider kids in Akron not even having Brons on the Outside Courts or gyms a success?

therein lies the rub, what's the metric for success; make a performance shoe that caters to people that ACTUALLY PLAY BASKETBALL and hope they go out &cop at retail, or go with a "more mainstream" approach & make a shoe with casual appeal that can get those who might otherwise not be interested.remember that basketball as a category is fairly mature-meaning it is not really growing (at least in the states), so which way do you go? especially beingthat you're nike & have basketball footwear on smash (counting nike/brand jordan as 1)?
Originally Posted by RockDeep

Does Nike consider it a success having kids just want Brons SIG Shoe more for Collection purposes and his Team shoe more for on Court wear?

I'm glad you mentioned this, because i've been thinkin' one this for a while...is this a recognition of the burgeoning sneaker culture (sneakertrading, exhibitions, etc.,)---hence all the exclusives for the sig or is it a legitimate attempt to expand the LBJ line?
i'm pretty excited to see the viis in more detail, they look pretty slick

let lebron jump ship. will save me from spending several hundreds of dollars on lebrons each year. i will not buy UA, and i'm sure there are plenty othersthat will do the same.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

LeBron wants to be the first billionaire pro athlete in the world. At first glance, Nike appears to have the knowledge, pockets, and proven history of success(Jordan) to eventually make this happen. Oh, his age and commitment to taking care of his body (great eating habits, training routine, yoga devout) are alsofactors, seeing as these variables will likely allow him to play at a higher-than-thou level for the next 15+ years.

And LeBron seems to have a certain maturity about him that makes me think he knows his prestige can and will extend beyond hocking Nike gear. Heck, hisfriendship with Warren Buffett and the way he takes stock in companies instead of a straight up cash compensation speaks of a post-playing days MagicJohnson-like business acumen. Deferring cash while taking ownership stakes in companies bleeds fiscal compentency, responsibility, and billionaire-likeknowhow.

UA may be just the fresh breath of air we and LeBron have been gasping for, what with us being suffocated under Jordan Retros, unappealing and uninspiringLeBron designs, defective Kobe shoes, and this new Lunarcrap.

As a Nike devout, I'm excited to see what UA has up their sleeves. Will they become the next And1, or something greater? Will they make a statement andland LeBron, or make a wimper and land Al Harrington?

I'm pretty POed that Nike hasn't done more with LeBron to seperate him from the rest of the herd of bball players. Why don't they focus onsomething that sets him apart or adds crossover appeal when marketing him? Why not make him a Considered athlete (like they've tried to do with Nash)? Whynot have him be the point person for bball Sparq training?

On a side note, I'd love to see Ricky Rubio or Blake Griffin sign with UA!

Oh, and if UA can somehow develop environmentally-friendly performance products like Teva or Nike Considered, they'll certainly have that much more of myvote.

Nike Basketball hasn't done anything exciting in years...anything you can point to the last couple of years came for from the Kitchen and that was forcedon them. And the leadership likes it that way. This way they take no risk; if it succeeds, they get the numbers and look good. If it fails, they can say"told you so". Nike BB is not the amazing machine it once was. It is being "manned" not "lead".

Nike Basketball hasn't done anything exciting in years...
I actually thought the Zoom BB1 OG GR colorways and design were kind of envelop pushing, and appreciated their sophisticated Italian dress shoeinspiration. However, the shoe never really seemed to catch on with a lot of people because cookie cutter consumers failed to think outside of the box and getover their need to match shoes with clothing... also, the material used on the OG BBs was lacking and made the shoes non-durable for extensive bball wear.

Originally Posted by clkru

Nike Basketball hasn't done anything exciting in years...
I actually thought the Zoom BB1 OG GR colorways and design were kind of envelop pushing, and appreciated their sophisticated Italian dress shoe inspiration. However, the shoe never really seemed to catch on with a lot of people because cookie cutter consumers failed to think outside of the box and get over their need to match shoes with clothing... also, the material used on the OG BBs was lacking and made the shoes non-durable for extensive bball wear.
what about the Huarache 2k series?

Man, does anyone have any new info on the Lebron 7's?? lol I have been coming back faithfully lol

Back
Top Bottom