Zoom Soldier VII (now Soldier VIII) thread

Hah, can't believe LeBron's back with the Soldiers already. Picked up a pair of Black/Mango for ball. They feel super light, and the materials are solid, but don't seem like they offer a lot of stability(the strap is actually the thing really holding everything together). Going to start training in them in a week or two; probably going to do some extra taping to compensate for the unique way these are held together.

Dusty cactus

Seems the name of this second cw is unanimously undecided, so black/red it is 
laugh.gif

Just a heads up, not sure if it's been mentioned; I think it wouldn't hurt to go a .5 size up on on the Soldier 8. I'm a 10 and generally fit TTS, but I found the these Soldiers fit really snug.

Last edited:
Any word on when the Dusty Cactus is coming stateside? Haven't been able to find a release date, and it seems like it's only available in Europe right now.

Anyone with the USAs(or white-mesh colorways) notice any significant yellowing after some play-wear? Want to pick-up a pair while they're cheap for the gym, but worried the mesh will yellow quickly.

Just played in these guys for about 2 hours, I'm pretty impressed. No break in time needed at all. Was playin in lebron x outdoor for a few months, these r heaps better for me. While the x is comfortable, it is also heavy and on the chunky side but cushioning is supreme.
At the soldiers price point man it ticked all the boxes for me. It's light and responsive and there's enough cushion even for outdoor. Haven't received my d rose 5 yet, hopefully they play just as well as these
Forgot to mention - really good court feel and the fit is great, no dead space anywhere in the shoe and the whole upper is really soft in a good way.
If u guys get the chance, do try them on and give them a go, hopefully you'd be impressed 2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom