Zoom Soldier VII (now Soldier VIII) thread

Anyone know if we'll see any new colorways drop in the Soldier VIII's? Missing a Wolf Gray pair or white/navy colorway like the white/black pair.

Grab these guys through nike HK on sale ^.^
Can only order these through here cos I need the xdr sole for outdoor otherwise I would've grabbed a few more CWs through eastbay/footlocker cos there r some decent CWs but unfortunately it wouldn't come wit xdr sole.
Thinkin of id-ing a pair soon (wit xdr sole) as im pretty impressed by these. They sacrificed abit of cushioning for lightweight and court feel, I switched between a pair of these and the lebron xii the other day, the difference was very noticeable but these make up for it wit the overall fit, responsiveness, lightness and court feel View media item 1286180

Went by the nike store and was suprised to c the Xmas CW and ........ They were abit 2 funky for me and then nearby I saw these guys and couldn't resist.
Before was thinkin bout id-ing a pair wit similar colors but instead of the gold I was gonna do volt. Now that I got these I don't think it be gettin the id.
These and the Xmas pair r premium, not sure if they r xdr cos it didn't come wit the xdr hang tag. Def like these, they look pretty good and liking the lining as well.
View media item 1289747View media item 1289748View media item 1289749View media item 1289753

How 
Grab these guys through nike HK on sale ^.^
Can only order these through here cos I need the xdr sole for outdoor otherwise I would've grabbed a few more CWs through eastbay/footlocker cos there r some decent CWs but unfortunately it wouldn't come wit xdr sole.
Thinkin of id-ing a pair soon (wit xdr sole) as im pretty impressed by these. They sacrificed abit of cushioning for lightweight and court feel, I switched between a pair of these and the lebron xii the other day, the difference was very noticeable but these make up for it wit the overall fit, responsiveness, lightness and court feel
how would you rank these with other recent shoes?

How 

how would you rank these with other recent shoes?
very interestin question

for me these feel and play great

im 178cm and about 180 pounds

and i only play outdoor wit them so i cant tell u exactly how good the traction is

im guessin they be good but not as good as kobe 8+9 grip wise

overall, they r not as good as xx9 but i dont think they r far behind the kobe ix

kobe got better cushionin but lunarlon bottoms out over time

the soldiers fit me a lil bit better than kobe ix, as im able to get away wit wearin nike 1/2 cushioned socks compared to elite socks for kobe

the kobe ix is a great all around shoe but the upper is still stiff wit flyknit and even em

to me the xx9 is my fav shoe so far for the year, that upper is the highlight but the rest of the shoe feels pretty damn good 2

dependin on ur height and weight, the lebron xii could be ok

cushionin is supreme on the xii, its mad comfortable but it is still a heavy shoe and megafuse is still stiff

soldier mesh upper feels great, fit is good, lightweight, responsive and good court feel, no break-in time, however they did sacrifice abit of cushionin for lightweight and court feel

unfortunately, reviews and initial tryin instore isnt enough to determine whether a pair is suitable for u.  sometimes theres noway around it other than investin and hope that it works out lol it is what it is

for some, looks is an important factor, not so much for me as long as they r not ugly then im fine wit it.  the things that matter the most for me wit new tech basketball boots = performance

i care when it comes to my casual street wear now they "gotta look good" lol

to me no shoe can make u play better, im just lookin for pairs that dont make me play worse lol

thats why im always lookin and wantin to try out new tech shoe

hope that helped a little ^.^

Last edited:
9.5 popped up on NDC this morning. I snatched via swoosh even thought they arent my size.

How many of these exist?

Cant be that many, ive never seen them anywhere but NDC.

Back
Top Bottom