Zoom Soldiers III review (w/pics) Rapid Update

what lebron VI?
laugh.gif

I played in an ekin tournament yesterday and we all got free pairs of these...they're very light and all but for the seasoned hooper it will be a littlebit of a problem with wider feet...and I went a half size up as I usually do with balling sneakers. They feel good though

im pretty excited to play in these tonight.. spring league is just about to start, and i'll be playing in these... hopfully they perform good, if they do,i might have to pick up more copies...

they are suuuper light, close to the kobes and feel nice and cushy, i like these, maybe a bit more than kobes, bc of the higher cut. ill play in them when iget a second pair. i got the POP last week.

glad to see people are liking these for balling, i cant wait to lace them up. also looking forward to the flight clubs (waiting for eastbay to ship)

played in mine last night for about three hours total (one in a very clean gym, and the other in a very dirty gym)

Fit: i think the toebox is a little bit roomy, but the rest of the shoe is snugged and very comfortable, especially with the straps holding your foot down.

Weight: ive held both the hyperdunks and these shoes in my hands, and for some reason, the hyperdunks still feel a little lighter. these shoes feel like thesame weight as the 2k8's, very light shoes overall.

Cushion: Very nice cushion, infact probably one of my fav things about the shoe, very similar feel to AZK1 (altho the AZK1 i feel is a bit more soft) its hasplenty of cushion but still has has a good responsive feeling

Traction: very very good!! no slippage at all

Overall, these shoes are excellent!!!

(note: i didn't have any issues with the shoe straps facing on the inside of the shoes, they never came undone)

I played a couple more times in my pair this week for about 4-5 hrs total. Shoes are still great. I really like the light weight and cushioning (zoom!). Toeboxis a little stiff at first but gets better quickly. Very good traction on clean and dusty floors. I think the soldier 3s are better than the Kobe IVs andHyperdunks (I see tons of people playing in these). These are my tied with the Jordan XIX SEs as my second favorite pair of hoops shoes right now. I will begetting the white/blues when they come out.

-S

Great feedback NT. I needed these info. I'm planning to cop the white toe's (patent). I'm just worried of the yellowing on them.

Again thanks!!!

how do the soldier 3s compare to 20-5-5 or bb 1/2 in terms of performance, traction, cushioning and ankle support? thanks.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Can you remove the insoles on these?
yup.. i have mine removed (i remove all the insoles of my shoes and put in my own insoles that i have)

20.5.5 > Soldier 3's because the 20.5.5 cushioning, ankle support and ventilation is better IMHO. The durability of the 3's is the real question.I've been balling in my POP for a little while and they are still like new, but my 20.5.5 are tanks!

Durability is a good question for me too, but all in all....... they feel get and super light but yet very supportive.

try to fit it with my ASO brace, but can't tape it, well I might just have to play with out!

I have the black white red version (white patent toe) and absolutely LOVE them.

Takes about an hour to break in. The zoom is great. The shoe is SUPERBLY light. I wish it had some sort of carbon / midfoot support though. It helps in heeltoe transition as well as midfoot support.

Traction is great from heel to toe.

The shoe reminds me of the Zoom Lebron 2.

Does anyone else having little toe problems in these? There is some serious rubbing going on just like my LB IV's.

^^^the toebox on these has an awful shape, so i could definitely see that being a problem with these.

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

Does anyone else having little toe problems in these? There is some serious rubbing going on just like my LB IV's.

Yes there is a slight pinky toe issue - due to the toebox shape.

just played in my POPs outdoors today and both my pinky toes got rubbed on pretty bad. i'll have to remember to wear bball socks with them and not just anycotton socks.

there's a review of these on SC now. seems the reviewer cut the straps off. has anyone else done this to their straps? i never put my shoes under the knifeand i don't plan to but it doesn't look bad.

Back
Top Bottom