Zune HD is official.

Via Engadget.com
zune-hd-600-rm-eng12.jpg

That's right folks, the Zune HD is real, and it's coming this Fall. Microsoft officially announced the next iteration in their Zune line today, making it less of a tripped out pipe dream, and more of a totally tubular reality. The specs, which look exactly like that leak we saw, go like this: 3.3-inch, 480 x 272 OLED capacitive touchscreen display, built-in HD Radio receiver, HD output (utilizing a new dock -- not on-board), and... not much more right now. Microsoft is doing away with the famed squircle in favor a full multitouch device, and they seemed to indicate that some new touch-friendly apps and games would be headed our way, though they were fairly mum when it came to details. The device will boast an IE-based, customized browser, but little else was said in the way of software.

Details are also scarce concerning storage capacities, CPU performance, and other crucial numbers, but it seems like they've got more in store come E3... and that's the next big piece of news. Zune integration is coming to the Xbox and Xbox Live, as the Zune marketplace will step in to replace the current Live video resources, expanding the library and offering all kinds of new perks, like Zune's first foray into international waters. According to the company, at E3 "attendees will see first-hand how Zune integrates into Xbox LIVE creating a game-changing entertainment experience" -- we're not entirely sure what the means right now, but it sounds sweet. Try to contain your excitement.

It was rumor to have phone capabilities but I guess that rumor is trashed now. Anyways, ill be sticking to my iPhone, Apple the ball is in yall court now,can't wait for WWDC!

surprised with your love for all things sony that you haven't posted about the new sony player with oled (i think) screen. suppose to 'rival' ipodtouch.

Sweet! im Getn it! I got the halo 3 edition and loved it even thought we had a y2k moment lol. ill pick this one up and give my old one to my lil bro.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via Engadget.com
zune-hd-600-rm-eng12.jpg

Zune integrates into Xbox LIVE creating a game-changing entertainment experience" -- we're not entirely sure what the means right now, but it sounds sweet. Try to contain your excitement.

Ok if theirs a Phone part it runs windows mobile 7 and a good processor I will cop like their no tomorrow

Originally Posted by CWrite78

surprised with your love for all things sony that you haven't posted about the new sony player with oled (i think) screen. suppose to 'rival' ipod touch.
176977778_ad23808915.jpg

Seems okay but I just can't mess with the zune. I'd rather have a touch than this honestly.

I'll see what drops this summer so I won't make a new purchase and already be outdated.
laugh.gif

Thought Microsoft was gonna off the Zune line. Good to see that they're continuing it

It looks nice. But most likely will flop. People aren't looking for Zunes. To me, their software is terrible.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by CWrite78

surprised with your love for all things sony that you haven't posted about the new sony player with oled (i think) screen. suppose to 'rival' ipod touch.
176977778_ad23808915.jpg

i know you probably wanted some "lol" responses, but i'm serious. the sony player actually looks decent.

Back
Top Bottom