**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Wolves had Gobert on AG primarily and would have him help on Jokic. After Gobert saw the Jokic to AG lob one time he stopped it the next couple. KAT goes out, Naz Reid goes in, Jokic banging bodies all night (no Dwight), he was looking winded AF.

Meanwhile Vs Lakers we got Rui and 4 guards, Jokic and AG playing volleyball at the rim

Bron was playing space cadet defense on AG which didn't help. But Minnesota just bangs home the point we got a long way to go. Roster and coaching wise.

Wolves had Gobert on AG primarily and would have him help on Jokic. After Gobert saw the Jokic to AG lob one time he stopped it the next couple. KAT goes out, Naz Reid goes in, Jokic banging bodies all night (no Dwight), he was looking winded AF.

Meanwhile Vs Lakers we got Rui and 4 guards, Jokic and AG playing volleyball at the rim
Because it literally works!! Dwight and Javale guarded and AD played help D

The Future: ORL and their 4-Big starting lineup of 6'10 Banchero, 6'10" FWagner, 6'10" Isaac, and 6'10" Carter with Big #5, 6'10" MWagner off the bench lol

What's funny is Ham experimented with a 3-Big lineup early in the season and was successful with it for the most part then never went back to it again the rest of the year

Just one of the multitude of reasons Bum and Dumber no longer has a job in L.A.

You're trying to appeal to logic, but here's the flaw in your scientific process: you're not giving any reason. If someone were to point out "In the 1 game we won, Austin Reeves had a burrito before the game, but in the 4 losses, he had a cheeseburger before the game," the reason that would be ridiculous is because it's an observation without a connection/reason. Contrary to the way the internet runs, you can't just throw elements out there without providing a connection/reasoning. That's how conspiracy theorists operate, just throwing whatever out there.

So if you're contending "age = failure", why are there 5 examples of him getting 1 year older but having a BETTER result than the previous year?
21 -> 22
23 -> 24
25 -> 26
34 -> 35
37 -> 38
Older is supposed to mean worst results, right?
Also why didn't he start his career off with a Finals?
I know why; pretty sure everyone reading this knows why. I want to see if you get there.

I read this six times. I hope you appreciate the effort.

But I'm still very confused. 21 > 22? Like, peak physical absurd ability 21-22? That's not an age consideration fam. :lol: That's technically not even his athletic prime yet.

What I listed was a 21 year run, across 4 teams (Cavs twice of course)

His two teenage years he was too green. Similar to teen Kobe. Understandable.

But the 8 years before us, Finals every single year.

6 years with us, 1 Finals. (With a 4 month break.)
2 missed playoffs, and 2 first round exits. Something he hadn't experienced thru his athletic prime of 21 thru 33.

His six years with us are his worst six years of his career. Largely because he's no longer the super human he was.
Top 5? No.
Top 10? Maybe.
Top 15? Likely. He's somewhere in that 10-15 range depending on everyone's opinion.

He was Top 1-2 from 2007 thru 2018-19, maaaaaaybe 2020. (Again, 4 month break makes it tough to gauge truthfully)

He's still good. We don't disagree there. But him at 40 is not the same as him at 30. He can't play 46 minute games or lockdown opponents anymore and that is the difference. Can't even say teammates or coaches cuz he took some DOG S*** Cavs teams further than he can now.

Try it this way:
Would you rather have Bron the next 3 years
Or Ant the next 3 years. Or Luka next 3 years. Or Wemby next 3 years. Or Tatum next 3 years? Or Jokic etc etc?

I read this six times. I hope you appreciate the effort.

But I'm still very confused. 21 > 22? Like, peak physical absurd ability 21-22? That's not an age consideration fam. :lol: That's technically not even his athletic prime yet.

What I listed was a 21 year run, across 4 teams (Cavs twice of course)

His two teenage years he was too green. Similar to teen Kobe. Understandable.

But the 8 years before us, Finals every single year.

6 years with us, 1 Finals. (With a 4 month break.)
2 missed playoffs, and 2 first round exits. Something he hadn't experienced thru his athletic prime of 21 thru 33.

His six years with us are his worst six years of his career. Largely because he's no longer the super human he was.
Top 5? No.
Top 10? Maybe.
Top 15? Likely. He's somewhere in that 10-15 range depending on everyone's opinion.

He was Top 1-2 from 2007 thru 2018-19, maaaaaaybe 2020. (Again, 4 month break makes it tough to gauge truthfully)

He's still good. We don't disagree there. But him at 40 is not the same as him at 30. He can't play 46 minute games or lockdown opponents anymore and that is the difference. Can't even say teammates or coaches cuz he took some DOG S*** Cavs teams further than he can now.

Try it this way:
Would you rather have Bron the next 3 years
Or Ant the next 3 years. Or Luka next 3 years. Or Wemby next 3 years. Or Tatum next 3 years? Or Jokic etc etc?
If you didn't get what I was saying, tf was all that relying for? 😂

You're trying to appeal to logic, but here's the flaw in your scientific process: you're not giving any reason.
Say someone were to point out "In the 1 game that we won, Austin Reeves had a burrito before the game, but in the 4 losses, he had a cheeseburger before the game."
The reason that would be ridiculous is because it's an observation without a connection/reason. Contrary to the way the internet runs, you can't just throw elements out there without providing a connection/reasoning. That's how conspiracy theorists operate, just throwing whatever out there.

So if you're contending that "older = worst", why are there 5 instances in his career of him getting 1 year older yet having a BETTER result than the previous year?
The 5 instances:
age 21 to 22
age 23 to 24
age 25 to 26
age 34 to 35
age 37 to 38
Older is supposed to mean worst results, right? 👀 Why are there 5 examples where one year the result was better than the year before, even though he was 1 year older? That happened 5 times. Why?
I know why; pretty sure everyone reading this knows why. I want to see if you get there.

If you didn't get what I was saying, tf was all that relying for? 😂

You're trying to appeal to logic, but here's the flaw in your scientific process: you're not giving any reason.
Say someone were to point out "In the 1 game that we won, Austin Reeves had a burrito before the game, but in the 4 losses, he had a cheeseburger before the game. The reason that would be ridiculous is because it's an observation without a connection/reason. Contrary to the way the internet runs, you can't just throw elements out there without providing a connection/reasoning. That's how conspiracy theorists operate, just throwing whatever out there.

So if you're contending that "older = worst", why are there 5 instances in his career of him getting 1 year older yet having a BETTER result than the previous year?
The 5 instances:
21 to 22
23 to 24
25 to 26
34 to 35
37 to 38
Older is supposed to mean worst results, right? 👀 Why are there 5 examples where one year the result was better than the year before, even though he was 1 year older? That happened 5 times. Why?

The 20's he was still in peak athletic prime.
34 to 35 was addition of AD + 4 months rest

37 to 38 was no Russ.

(I hope this was the answer you were looking for cuz I don't want anymore burrito cheeseburger questions. :lol: )

Wolves have $131M in payroll going to their top 6 players (Ant, KAT, Conley, Naz, Rudy, Jalen)

We have $138M going to our top 6 (Bron, AD, Dlo, AR, Rui, Vando)

Our issue is talent. Not how much money is tied up with Lebron and AD. It’s the fact that our best players are not as good as other teams’ best players. That’s a front office problem.

We’re spending the money, just not spending it wisely

34 to 35 was addition of AD + 4 months rest

37 to 38 was no Russ.
So...
... team.
Same thing you say when people "Fire the coach!"
And like I've challenged you to do before: Look at his stats last year and tell me those are the stats of a 39-year-old.
This is uncharted. Treating something different as everything similar is illogical.

So...
... team.
Same thing you say when people "Fire the coach!"
And like I've challenged you to do before: Look at his stats last year and tell me those are the stats of a 39-year-old.
This is uncharted. Treating something different as everything similar is illogical.

One might also say younger LeBron would be able to get his team further WITHOUT those changes, but older Bron could not. :nerd:

One might say....

One might also say younger LeBron would be able to get his team further WITHOUT those changes, but older Bron could not. :nerd:

One might say....
Or because he started eating more tacos and started putting his right shoe on first instead of left.
Again, if you don't have a connecting reason, then anything goes. Just throw whatever out there.

Or because he started eating more tacos and started putting his tight shoe on first instead of left.
Again, if you don't have a connecting reason, then anything goes. Just throw whatever out there.

Thing is, I used one player, 21 years worth of evidence.

AD's wouldn't look close. Wade, Bosh, Kyrie etc. 21 years of him as the common denominator. And a natural understanding that while still great, he is no longer the athletic marvel he was in his youth. Those insane Miami Heat dunks get fewer and fewer, lower and lower.

Just like late 80's MJ was dunkin all over fools and mid 90's MJ was shootin fadeaways.

Thing is, I used one player, 21 years worth of evidence hypothesis.
Fixed.
Just like late 80's MJ was dunkin all over fools and mid 90's MJ was shootin fadeaways.
Interesting. Why did he win championships... when he was OLDER? And the greatest Bulls season of all time 72-10... he was past his athletic prime. Why wasn't the greatest Bulls season in his 20s?
Again: I know why. It's easy. Just further testing out your stubbornness. 😂

Fixed.

Interesting. Why did he win championships... when he was OLDER? And the greatest Bulls season of all time 72-10... he was past his athletic prime. Why wasn't the greatest Bulls season in his 20s?
Again: I know why. It's easy. Just further testing out your stubbornness. 😂

Talent + experience.

And it eventually went away. And we're very near that stage. Yet we're flirting with extending him (at more in one year than 80's MJ made in total)

And it's evidence. Those were the results of his seasons, year by year. Obviously multiple variables but he is the one constant across each year/all teams.

Talent + experience.
So nothing to do with team?
The reason the greatest Bulls season ever came in his 30s instead of 20s... PAST his athletic prime... is just because of talent & experience?
(Mind you: you've already thwarted the idea that age unequivocally means worst results, but I won't tell C CP1708 if you won't.)

Back
Top Bottom