**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yea that was some Dave Roberts ****. Some days he's gonna have to play more, other times you can get away with extended rest. He's gonna be sitting out games so it's more about his total minutes than average

Lebron averaged 35.5 minutes last year. bring him down to 34.. 35.5–>29 is wild. I’m not a big believer in bringing down minutes significantly, but rather giving entire rest days. Pick out the scheduled losses (back to backs with tough travel, 3 games in 4 nights, etc.), and use the depth there to let Bron get an actual rest IMO

I think pmatic pmatic posted a tweet in the NBA thread about this, but the 10-0 run they made after the timeout where we cut it to 7 was crazy.

They ran the same play over and over and each time one player on our roster just wiffed on an assignment.

I hope they watch the film on that.

I think pmatic pmatic posted a tweet in the NBA thread about this, but the 10-0 run they made after the timeout where we cut it to 7 was crazy.

They ran the same play over and over and each time one player on our roster just wiffed on an assignment.

I hope they watch the film on that.

I'm not mad at the minutes restriction. The last 2 years we been running Bron into the ground. He been spending so much energy tryna dig this team outta holes. All those 10-20 point deficits then he gets hurt around Christmas or January. We wasn't winning this game if played 40 mins, it woulda been the same story. Climb back from a big deficit and still lose.

Damn near 40 years old he shouldn't have do that when AD is right in his prime.

Yall this is basically a brand new team against a team with continuity... we gon be alriiiiiiight

I know he had nothing in the 2nd half but that speaks more about the guys with the ball in their hands then it does AD I think.

Nah bro... There's no excuse

You put Hayes in the game and it's him on that high PNR guarding Jokic, allowing AD to not be hung out to dry at the top of the key worrying about Joker and instead AD is a roamer down low on D vs AG, who won't score on that baseline cut. Guaranteed DEN doesn't run that same play to the tune of 10 straight points.

If DLo can't guard a flagpole, you put AR at the point and Prince at the 2, with Bron, AD, and JH. The length and size alone in all 5 positions would make DEN have to adjust.

But we all know ham is saving that for later Can't show all Your cards just yet l o l

Rocket science though

Last edited:
Nah bro... There's no excuse
I’m not saying that as an excuse for AD’s play, he has to be better. But also players have to do a better job of getting him the ball in places where he’s most effective. Kinda a big part of the responsibility of the lead ball handlers.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
I’m not saying that as an excuse for AD’s play, he has to be better. But also players have to do a better job of getting him the ball in places where he’s most effective. Kinda a big part of the responsibility of the lead ball handlers.

C'mon man. Dude is a 10 year vet at this point. We literally just went through this roller coaster **** with him last playoffs and it really has been a staple of him since after that 1st season with us.

I thought the spacing was good last night but for AD to not take advantage of his speed and drive it in is crazy. Everytime he drove it in, he would throw up crap or let joker body him. AD had him with 2 fouls after that, nothing.

I thought the spacing was good last night but for AD to not take advantage of his speed and drive it in is crazy. Everytime he drove it in, he would throw up crap or let joker body him. AD had him with 2 fouls after that, nothing.
Jokic has mastered putting one arm up and the other on AD's back and gettting away with it. He should've had an extra foul or two in the first half.

That's cause AD too worried about guarding Jokic the whole dam time that it affects his offensive production.

Jokic knows how to nullify AD on both ends and this spells trouble for the entire Lakers team cause AD has little to no advantage.

Switch AD on to Gordon and now AD has every advantage in the matchups.

Cmon doggy ...

He's the starting center on the team. Get to the line. Get a ****ing rebound and putback/tip. It's on him to be aggressive enough to score at least one point in a half.

Can't even say he's worn out cuz it's the first game of the season :lol:

That said, I have faith in AD and his abilities this season.

We played a tough team that has played together for a few years, and we're still figuring it out.

C'mon man. Dude is a 10 year vet at this point. We literally just went through this roller coaster **** with him last playoffs and it really has been a staple of him since after that 1st season with us.
So… what point are you making here?

Our guards did a terrible job making reads yesterday. I’m not absolving AD but he needs someone to set him up, he’s doesn’t handle the roc, the guards need to do better going forward.

Our guards did a terrible job making reads yesterday. I’m not absolving AD but he needs someone to set him up, he’s doesn’t handle the roc, the guards need to do better going forward.
This is exactly my point but I guess emotions are running high and people just want a simple explanation (someone to blame) for what happened last night.

Age 31, 40 mil
Age 32, 43 mil
Age 33, 57 mil
Age 34, 62 mil
Age 35, 67 mil

We're worried about him, TODAY, still at age 30, stepping up and being "the guy". At a cool 40 mil. With LeBron.

But we expect this to suddenly improve over the next 4 years.......without Bron around to help out.

:frown:

We better win this title this season. Cuz......

Back
Top Bottom