Black Culture Discussion Thread

My only gripe with Griner, she broke the law, which caused her to be placed in that situation.
If you have money and/or influence, autocrats will let you collect misdemeanors/offenses with no impunity until they can use your wrongdoings to support their messaging.

I'm sure it was known she smoked and that she was gay. I wouldn't be surprised if she was targeted when it became convenient for Putin to do so.

Be careful with your phone, be careful with what you say and do because anything can get you in trouble.

So she isn't black?

There’s always one……SMH. Griner LEADS with being gay/lesbian. If you let some members of the gay community tell it they actually feel/believe that they are a separate race.

In a month you are going to see Griner at each and every Pride Parade every city nationwide has to offer. You didn’t see her face once for the month of February or will you see it for the weekend celebration of Juneteenth coming up. The song “Not Like Us” by Kendrick Lamar applies to not only Drake…….but Brittney Griner as well.

My only gripe with Griner, she broke the law, which caused her to be placed in that situation.

Exactly…….no self accountability whatsoever, black folks are falling for her propaganda stunt left and right. She did the crime……so she had to do the time. Griner VOLUNTARILY signed up for jail, no sympathy from me. She asked for it……and Putin gave it to her.

There’s always one……SMH. Griner LEADS with being gay/lesbian. If you let some members of the gay community tell it they actually feel/believe that they are a separate race.

In a month you are going to see Griner at each and every Pride Parade every city nationwide has to offer. You didn’t see her face once for the month of February or will you see it for the weekend celebration of Juneteenth coming up. The song “Not Like Us” by Kendrick Lamar applies to not only Drake…….but Brittney Griner as well.

The adding of a question mark after my statement meant it was a question and I wanted you to explain. That's what a question mark is used for.

If you have money and/or influence, autocrats will let you collect misdemeanors/offenses with no impunity until they can use your wrongdoings to support their messaging.

I'm sure it was known she smoked and that she was gay. I wouldn't be surprised if she was targeted when it became convenient for Putin to do so.

Be careful with your phone, be careful with what you say and do because anything can get you in trouble.
Are you implying Putin framed Griner?

See...me personally no.

EYE don't allow students to touch me in any way shape or form.

That dude is TRIPPIN.

And reading the comments of so many people saying it's fine is WILD.

And then he had the nerve to let it be recorded?

Trippin.

But we live in this make believe world where people pretend everything is harmless.

That dude is TRIPPIN.

Trippin.

But we live in this make believe world where people pretend everything is harmless.

I'm not going to put allegations on that man's jacket. But I move very cautious around students and refuse to put my livelihood at risk.

I won't even meet with a student 1 on 1 w/o another adult present.

That dude is TRIPPIN.

Trippin.

I dont work in education. How is this not harmless? How do you feel about girls doing other student's hair.

Nah, hell nah.

I don't think the intent is bad, but optically this isn't a good look. And as an adult around kids, you still have to consider the optics of harmless fun, especially as a male. It would probably be less of a problem if the teacher was a woman or if the students were doing this as part of their cosmetology class

I'm more shocked that the other teachers provide hall passes for the kids to leave class early go and do his hair. Thats a gross misuse of authority.

It's not crossing the line fully perse, it would be worse if it was just one student doing his hair. But it's still walking right up to that line.

I don't think the intent is bad, but optically this isn't a good look. And as an adult around kids, you still have to consider the optics of harmless fun, especially as a male. It would probably be less of a problem if the teacher was a woman or if the students were doing this as part of their cosmetology class

I'm more shocked that the other teachers provide hall passes for the kids to leave class early go and do his hair. Thats a gross misuse of authority.

Eh it's May.

Most schools are either about to test, testing, or done with testing. All actual content and teaching is basically done at this point unless you're in year round school. It's just glorified babysitting at this point.

I was cooking cinnamon bun waffles with my 1st block this morning :rofl:

Last edited:
I believe in boundaries. Students shouldn't be touching teachers and vice versa.

Also the optics of it that can get twisted/turned by anyone else viewing wouldn't be beneficial to any party involved.

Hell no. Shouldn't be happening.

And even if you (as a male teacher) think it's harmless you have to be all types of stupid to put it out there for the world to interpret the appropriateness.

Again, absolutely stupid

Eh it's May.

Most schools are either about to test, testing, or done with testing. All actual content and teaching is basically done at this point unless you're in year round school. It's just glorified babysitting at this point.

I was cooking cinnamon bun waffles with my 1st block this morning :rofl:
Make sense, but still a bit of an issue.

Back when I was in high school we'd skip class to hoop at the gym, but we never had the gym or class teachers sanctioning that.

I dont work in education. How is this not harmless? How do you feel about girls doing other student's hair.

Student vs. Student: Peers

Student vs. Adult: Not Peers.

It should be a professional relationship. Doing someone's hair crosses that line.

Not to mention he also has to answer questions as to why this was taking place during school hours. (He can say it wasn't or they didn't have anything to do (which would be an even bigger issue))

This is one of the stupidest/self-incriminating videos I have seen a male teacher put out ever.

Absolutely stupid.

Make sense, but still a bit of an issue.

Back when I was in high school we'd skip class to hoop at the gym, but we never had the gym or class teachers sanctioning that.

I mean either way it's still not instructional time. I can't pass judgement on that unless I know that schools bell schedule.

I would never allow a student to do my hair though. Just crosses too many lines. It's a bad spot to put yourself in where things can be alleged and assumed. Just doesn't seem worth the risk IMO.

Other ways to build relationships.

Back
Top Bottom