**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If D'lo gets traded in a deal for Mitchell the Lakers will improve. That's all that should really matter

Isn't that obvious though. I'm not quite getting what you mean?

Obviously getting Mitchell to replace Dlo is a huge upgrade, but that's way easier said than done. Plenty of teams will go after Mitchell and plenty of teams have more assets than the Lakers.

Isn't that obvious though. I'm not quite getting what you mean?

Obviously getting Mitchell to replace Dlo is a huge upgrade, but that's way easier said than done. Plenty of teams will go after Mitchell and plenty of teams have more assets than the Lakers.
Mitchell makes like $35M. All the offers are going to be more or less the same caliber. It's the same story as when he got traded from Utah. It was reported at the deadline that the Lakers felt they had a real chance to get him so if he steers his way to LA there probably won't be a bunch of teams willing to trade all their picks

Reactions: MVP
Donovan pulls a lower key AD and not a high key Myrie, he'll be in purple and gold.

The teams with the most assets picks else (OKC, NY, BKN) don't necessarily need him.

Mitchell makes like $35M. All the offers are going to be more or less the same caliber. It's the same story as when he got traded from Utah. It was reported at the deadline that the Lakers felt they had a real chance to get him so if he steers his way to LA there probably won't be a bunch of teams willing to trade all their picks
Yea that's fair. He has to really want to go to the Lakers and only the Lakers for this to happen. Basically like the AD trade.

A starting lineup of CP3, Donovan, Bron, AD, and Allen with AR, Max, Prince, Wood, and Hayes off the bench would contend for a title with the right coach

Last edited:
I mean it will take all 3 picks. And require AR and Rui. And even then, there will be better offers.

Also, my expectation is the Knicks jump in on Mitchell. Have 5 potential firsts they can trade between this year and next year. And own every one of their firsts afterwards.
And will likely try to aggregate some salaries to maximize Brunson.

Nets were the 11th seed. What's their best offer? Cam Johnson and DFS +picks? If they trade Bridges they're cooked. Is that a contender that Mitchell would extend with? What are all these better offers? He got traded for Sexton and the Brian Cook version of Lauri. He can't bring back some huge star because of his contract

I got time today :lol:. Like are the Nets really gonna give up all their picks again and expect Mitchell to re-sign with a core of Mitch/Bridges/Claxton? And that's if they don't lose Claxton in free agency. Is that team even as good as Cleveland? Does Randle/Mcbride make sense for the Cavs when they have Mobley and Allen? Miami's best offer would be Herro and Martin. All the offers are on the same level. It's gonna come down to where Mitchell wants to be

Nets were the 11th seed. What's their best offer? Cam Johnson and DFS +picks? If they trade Bridges they're cooked. Is that a contender that Mitchell would extend with? What are all these better offers? He got traded for Sexton and the Brian Cook version of Lauri. He can't bring back some huge star because of his contract
I got time today :lol:. Like are the Nets really gonna give up all their picks again and expect Mitchell to re-sign with a core of Mitch/Bridges/Claxton? And that's if they don't lose Claxton in free agency. Is that team even as good as Cleveland? Does Randle/Mcbride make sense for the Cavs when they have Mobley and Allen? Miami's best offer would be Herro and Martin. All the offers are on the same level. It's gonna come down to where Mitchell wants to be
Just to play devil's advocate, Mitchell is in the prime of his career. He might just rather try and lead a team and hold off on being a third option in five years.

Michell will be a spot up corner 3 guy as Lebron brings the ball up :lol:

Isn’t he from NY? Maybe he prefers to go back home and play.

I would expect Ballmer to get salty and try to get Mitchell too. Seems like they always mess with us like that

Fair point, but I'll believe it when I see it with Bron.

That's the elephant in the room. Other trepidation would be is he one of those players that's at the point where the things that matters to him most is winning or competing for a title, may not be the case.

Back
Top Bottom