OFFICIAL ADIDAS ANTHONY EDWARDS SNEAKER - ADIDAS AE1 (LOWS COMING SOON)

There they are.

1715905779518.png

These aight, but this picture:

1715893682133.png

More lows! :emoji_fire:

These might be my first cop of these AE1's. Been wanting to try some on first but no stores around me carry them.

with the brighter lighting makes me want a white marble low with little hits of blue.

Here are some details about the AE 2 now slated for 2025, according to Sole Retriever:

Without a doubt, Anthony Edwards’ signature sneaker with adidas, the adidas AE 1, has captured the attention of ball players and sneakerheads. Launched in December 2023, the AE 1 quickly became one of the most talked-about sneakers in the league, bolstered by memorable in-game moments and a notable social media exchange with Kevin Durant. While we’re awaiting the release of the Preloved Purple and MX Charcoal colorways and have more on the way, Sole Retriever can confirm that the AE 2 will debut in 2025.

According to a document viewed by Sole Retriever, the forthcoming model will integrate adidas' renowned Boost technology, possibly in tandem with another advanced cushioning solution. While images of the AE 2 remain under wraps, the design should nod to adidas' early-2000s futuristic aesthetic—a theme that resonates with the AE 1 and across the brand's current roster of athlete signatures, including James Harden, Trae Young, and Donovan Mitchell.

The adidas AE 2 Impact Orange was originally slated to release December 2024. Due to the success of the AE 1 and the introduction of the AE 1 Low, adidas has decided to extend the life of the original model, pushing back the debut of the AE 2 into 2025. The pair will be available through adidas and select retailers online and in-store. Offered in men’s sizing, the sneaker will retail for $130, a $10 increase from the original model.

THIS is what I love to hear. I want the futuristic shapes back! Go for it Adidas, push the envelope. Nobody else is...

1000004197.jpg
No doubt - they have a sneaker goldmine in their hands. I really hope they knock it out the park on the evolution into the 2. Gotta progress, regressing from a design standpoint would be the biggest bag fumble

The demand is there, now they just gotta build off it

Hopefully the AE2 is lighter.. a 20oz performance basketball shoe in 2024 is inexcusable imo
Not a slight at you by any means because I know this is the general consensus, but I hate this mindset. I feel like people nowadays nitpick at shoe weight to the maximum. I was a pretty legitimate hooper for 20+ years from the 90's into the 2000's, and im not talking about YMCA, church league, blacktop hooper either. I'm talking legit hooper. I went to school for industrial design through the academy of art to become a sneaker designer. Jason Petrie and I used to share concepts with one another via AIM 😆 This was actually during his first gig with Fila basketball but we were working on an alpha project re-vamp. I say all of this not to be bragadocious, but I do know a little bit about performance testing and design.

Thinking that cutting down a shoes weight by say 1.3 ounces is gonna enhance performance is an absurdity. You want to really talk about weight issues in a shoe? Try hooping in team adidas that were built for power forwards your entire senior year of high school as a point guard with scouts watching you every game. I'll try to find a picture of them but there's no doubt in my mind that each of those shoes weighed more than a small mouth bass. When I see these youtubers like Dr. Zatch and Squeak Test Boy rambling on with their weight comparisons as if they're actually of athletic stature for it to even matter, I just laugh internally.

The era we're in now has sacrificed design for performance, when in reality you can have both. To end this rant, I again would like to note that I'm not directing this at you but rather the general viewpoint of this whole shaving weight trend.

Last edited:
Not a slight at you by any means because I know this is the general consensus, but I hate this mindset. I feel like people nowadays nitpick at shoe weight to the maximum. I was a pretty legitimate hooper for 20+ years from the mid 90's through the mid 2000's, and im not talking about YMCA, church league, blacktop hooper either. I'm talking legit hooper. I went to school for industrial design through the academy of art to become a sneaker designer. Jason Petrie and I used to share concepts with one another via AIM 😆 This was actually during his first gig with Fila basketball but we were working on an alpha project re-vamp. I say all of this not to be bragadocious, but I do know a little bit about performance testing and design.

Thinking that cutting down a shoes weight by say 1.3 ounces is gonna enhance performance is an absurdity. You want to really talk about weight issues in a shoe? Try hooping in team adidas that were built for power forwards your entire senior year of high school as a point guard with scouts watching you every game. I'll try to find a picture of them but there's no doubt in my mind that each of those shoes weighed more than a small mouth bass. When I see these youtubers like Dr. Zatch and Squeak Test Boy rambling on with their weight comparisons as if they're actually of athletic stature for it to even matter, I just laugh internally.

The era we're in now has sacrificed design for performance, when in reality you can have both. To end this rant, I again would like to note that I'm not directing this at you but rather the general viewpoint of this whole shaving weight trend.

don't even get me started with runners and their big obsession with cutting the slightest amount of weight in their shoes. although there could be slight benefits in cutting a shoes by an ounce or two, most of us would barely tell the difference once we hop into them and start moving around.

will say though that if a shoe is way too overbuilt, bottom heavy, etc in this modern time, we got big issues there

Not a slight at you by any means because I know this is the general consensus, but I hate this mindset. I feel like people nowadays nitpick at shoe weight to the maximum. I was a pretty legitimate hooper for 20+ years from the 90's into the 2000's, and im not talking about YMCA, church league, blacktop hooper either. I'm talking legit hooper. I went to school for industrial design through the academy of art to become a sneaker designer. Jason Petrie and I used to share concepts with one another via AIM 😆 This was actually during his first gig with Fila basketball but we were working on an alpha project re-vamp. I say all of this not to be bragadocious, but I do know a little bit about performance testing and design.

Great post. When you were playing at that time in those shoes, how tall were you? And what size shoe did you wear?

Me and vettez06 vettez06 have had some fun times over shoe weights but I don't talk much about shoe weight because it's just my own issues and for 99% of people who are like us, playing in the shoe, it's fine for them because it matches up.

Guards play in shoes meant for guards, forwards for forwards, and bigs for bigs.

But if you're guard sized person with center sized feet, like me, then you start noticing shoe weights. So as much as I like a few different models of Lebrons, them thangs will weigh me down when I play in em. I have the 16s which have lots of comfort and also lots of weight. As a guard I'm not going to be as fast in the 16s as I am in One Take IIs.

But for the majority of people playing (us, not nba players), if you're a guard you wear like size 10 & 1/2 or something, and it doesn't matter. So it's a fringe discussion that doesn't really need to take place, cause it's for like 5 people on the whole of NT. So like what's the point. You know what you need as a player and a sneakerhead, get that. And I had a lot of fun making "skipping sock day" jokes with vettez06 vettez06

As a 5'3 guard at 290 lbs and currently cutting down to 275lbs of pure athletic muscle I don't really notice a difference. I've played in bulky shoes like the Lebron 8s and my step would be a bit slower but I needed it for my crushing joints in my knees. I was still able to beat my defender off the dribble and get my way into the paint. No one, even the taller guys could get around me. The last time I grabbed rim was with the Lebron 20s though and that was because they were the lightest shoe I played in, in a minute.

Back
Top Bottom