Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^^^ I’m sure Hanks is great as Mr. Rogers, but the movie doesn’t interest me much. I’m just not that into biopics. I know others love them and they always seem to do well at awards season, but not a genre I’m crazy about. I much prefer documentaries if I want to get to know more about a particular famous person.

What I enjoy about biopics is that it’s the quintessential role of what acting is. To transform and become someone who actually existed where there is countless evidence to compare your performance to is the ultimate test as an actor imo. Are they highly dramatized, romanticized and fictionalized? Definitely. But when someone absolutely nails a role in one of these (De Niro, Joaquin, Val, Rami) it’s a beautiful thing to watch.

Side note, I love me some Tommy Hanks but him as Mr. Rogers is low key :lol: seeing as the latter was notoriously famous for staying the same weight for decades while Tom got that chunky dad bod.

With that said, Hanks lost me with the voice. Its just his voice.

Roger's voice is not just iconic but instantly recognizeable.

Realllly hard for me to get into a biopic if the voice is off. Like will smith tryna play Ali. Can’t do it man. I just hear fresh prince

Won't surprise me if Hanks does a nice job portraying Mr. Rogers, tho the Won't You Be My Neighbor doc that released last year was damn good.

robtoofresco robtoofresco maaaan how they gonna ruin the legacy of a great original movie, and the acting prowess of Connelly Bae on the trash *** network TBS. Would have been excited if this came out on Starz or HBO. Didn’t eem watch the trailer with sound on to know it’s gonna be trash :smh:

robtoofresco robtoofresco maaaan how they gonna ruin the legacy of a great original movie, and the acting prowess of Connelly Bae on the trash *** network TBS. Would have been excited if this came out on Starz or HBO. Didn’t eem watch the trailer with sound on to know it’s gonna be trash :smh:

I swear to the old gods and new ( I still like using that reference :frown: ) that I couldn’t even click play on the trailer when I saw someone post it in another thread on here some days ago and said it was going to be on TBS. :smh:

Network TV?
8BC16464-E790-42B4-8CD5-2DF43F3B7304.gif

No thanks!

Rewatched Inglorious Basterds last night and man...it’s a masterpiece. The opening scene and tavern scene is so chilling and perfectly executed.

Can’t wait for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Saw Lion King in Dolby on Monday..
It was not as bad as I expected based on some of the harsh reviews. Making it mostly shot for shot did not bother me, as there were so many shots and moments that if they didn't recreate it, I would have been disappointed. There were a few particular moments where it did suffer from a lack of animation and expression from the animals, but for the most part, I didn't mind the style. Overall, it was beautifully shot, Timon and Pumba were the stars of the movie, Zazu was also great. The songs were solid, but of course, can't compare to the original. Beyonce was fine in her role, I love Glover but his voice didn't fit well. It looked and sounded great in Dolby and was well worth it. Overall it was good and considering it was a remake of one of the most popular and beloved movies of all-time, I can't fault it for not living up to the original. They went with a choice that many disagreed with to be photorealistic and natural movements and it didn't work that well. I think it did enough good things to make me enjoy it and overlook some of the faults.

Back
Top Bottom