Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Saying it’s your “Favorite” is just saying it’s a better movie imo, even if you’re granting BB was better technically and at storytelling.

Saying it’s your “Favorite” is just saying it’s a better movie imo, even if you’re granting BB was better technically and at storytelling.

Eh there’s plenty of movies that hold more entertainment value to me that I consider a worse film than others that I don’t enjoy as much.

I gave El Chicano a try. Made it about 20 min in before I gave up. Didn't have high expectations, but the movie was TRASH.

Went down the film noir rabbit hole some weeks back. Kim Novak in pushover and Humphrey Bogart taking on both Philip Marlowe and Sam spade.

That’s what I’m talking about. College professor put me onto those. Good stuff

Need someone to explain to me why they believe Batman Returns is a great Batman film. I rewatched it a year or so ago, and I didn't get it. Good, for then, good casting, but I don't see how it's somehow better than anything Nolan did.

Need someone to explain to me why they believe Batman Returns is a great Batman film. I rewatched it a year or so ago, and I didn't get it. Good, for then, good casting, but I don't see how it's somehow better than anything Nolan did.

I did the opposite. A recent rewatch has me convinced Returns is the GOAT Batman flick. Far more dark and graphic than dark knight. Max Shrek and Penguin were some bad mofos.

But yeah a couple reasons for Returns(in my opinion) are:

Better cinematography: cemetery scenes, the sewer circus, just too many great shots to list off top. https://filmschoolrejects.com/perfect-shots-batman-returns/?amp

Better score: Point goes to Danny Elfman here. Zimmer is no slouch either, but I tought he did a better job with Batman Begins.

Catwoman: one of the greatest movie villain portrayals of all-time, but Heath is probably THEE best. However, as the female lead in Batman Reurns, Michelle Phfiefer is infinitely more attractive and talented than the Female lead in Dark Knight. Maggie Gyllenhalls face looks like the bottom of Miley Cyrus’s bare foot. She’s unbearable to look at and not a convincing love interest of Bruce Wayne. Point, Set, Match, Burton.

If I’m watching Dark Knight, it’s for Heaths performance as the Joker. Batman Returns I’m watching the full movie for a multitude of reasons that make the movie better AS A WHOLE, when compared to DK.

I did the opposite. A recent rewatch has me convinced Returns is the GOAT Batman flick. Far more dark and graphic than dark knight. Max Shrek and Penguin were some bad mofos.

Better cinematography: cemetery scenes, the sewer circus, just too many great shots to list off top. https://filmschoolrejects.com/perfect-shots-batman-returns/?amp

Better score: Point goes to Danny Elfman here. Zimmer is no slouch either, but I tought he did a better job with Batman Begins.

Catwoman: one of the greatest movie villain portrayals of all-time, but Heath is probably THEE best. However, as the female lead in Batman Reurns, Michelle Phfiefer is infinitely more attractive and talented than the Female lead in Dark Knight. Maggie Gyllenhalls face looks like the bottom of Miley Cyrus’s bare foot. She’s unbearable to look at and not a convincing love interest of Bruce Wayne. Point, Set, Match, Burton.

If I’m watching Dark Knight, it’s for Heaths performance as the Joker. Batman Returns I’m watching the full movie for a multitude of reasons that make the movie better AS A WHOLE, when compared to DK.

One of these days I'm going to lock myself in my house and do all of these right. Nolan trilogy, the Burton duo, the Val Kilmer one (which I honestly can't fathom how they got that wrong with THAT cast), the Affleck version, Suicide Squad, Joker, all of it, leading up to The Batman.

I will give Returns another look someday, see if I missed something. I thought Pheifer had some issues with her role, she seemed......off to me. Maybe she was supposed to, I don't know. Def hotter than Maggie, no argument there, ever. :lol: But good breakdown by you, I will give it another look and see where I come out.

You should post this in the DC thread.

You should post this in the DC thread.

EBB39D5E-EA92-4D86-9DE0-6B44AAD80D74.jpeg

Wanna like this twice. Returns>>>>

I want The Kitchen to be good but I just have a feeling. Big Elizabeth Moss fan if you couldn’t tell by the avy.

Back
Top Bottom