NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › THE OFFICIAL 2017 DALLAS COWBOYS OFFSEASON THREAD | 2017 Schedule Released
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE OFFICIAL 2017 DALLAS COWBOYS OFFSEASON THREAD | 2017 Schedule Released - Page 141

post #4201 of 10475
Kiffin as the overseer laugh.gif you can't make this **** up!
NEW PERFORMANCE VLOG: SUBSTANCE OVER SURFACE x ARISTO Ent. (WEST END LOUNGE NYC)
Reply
NEW PERFORMANCE VLOG: SUBSTANCE OVER SURFACE x ARISTO Ent. (WEST END LOUNGE NYC)
Reply
post #4202 of 10475
Only jerry jones would do all of this
post #4203 of 10475
Why wouldn't you just fire Kiffin and Callahan? You've essentially neutered them and made themm completely powerless...

And Callahan had an interview set with with Cleveland and Jerry rejected it. Scum bag... mean.gif
post #4204 of 10475
Thread Starter 

:lol:{

post #4205 of 10475
I said when the hires were first made that it seemed like the DC job was Marinelli's to take and he was just waiting in the wings. It happened with more BS than I thought it would. Guess Kiffin gettin one more year on that pension? What are the official duties as an assistant coach under a Jason Garrett? nerd.gif
post #4206 of 10475
I told you guys towards the end of the season that Rod has some sort of loyalty to Kiffin and if he were fired, Rod would walk. As dysfunctional as this organization is, not firing Kiffin and creating a ******** title for him makes sense as it means we get to keep Rod, while Kiffin serves more of a mentor/overseer. The idea was to always promote Rod but as previously stated, firing Kiffin meant Rod walks too.

I actually don't see anything wrong with what's going on with the defense.

It's the offense that seems like a big custer***** between Garrett, Callahan, and Linehan.

We weren't switching schemes again after one season. Kiffin may not be able to coach anymore but he still has much knowledge to offer.

Rod did wonders with this make shift d-line and did awesome with what he had.

To top it off, it makes it super easy to clean house after Garrett is probably fired next year. Bringing in new blood only prevents JJ from firing Garrett because that new coach is going to want to bring in his own guys.

This to me says that JJ is trying everything to prove Garrett can work out and this is the final stop gap.

He's already a lame duck HC entering his final year and we all know how those go.

This team will either be 10-6 or 6-10. I don't see 8-8 because the players will most likely quit on Garrett with his lameduck HC'ing title, or, we end up being relatively healthy like 2009 and do some minor damage.
post #4207 of 10475
My mind is blown that head coach of the 0-16 Lions is running the defense for the Cowboys and the offensive coordinator of the Lions that went 29-51 during his tenure as OC is now calling the plays.


Amazing,
Team Mopar
"Mother warned me that there would be men like you driving cars like that."
Reply
Team Mopar
"Mother warned me that there would be men like you driving cars like that."
Reply
post #4208 of 10475
roll.gif Are ya'll still blaming Garrett for the team not performing much better? You can't make this foolishness up.
post #4209 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

My mind is blown that head coach of the 0-16 Lions is running the defense for the Cowboys and the offensive coordinator of the Lions that went 29-51 during his tenure as OC is now calling the plays.


Amazing,


unbelievable.... it really is

post #4210 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPire View Post

I told you guys towards the end of the season that Rod has some sort of loyalty to Kiffin and if he were fired, Rod would walk. As dysfunctional as this organization is, not firing Kiffin and creating a ******** title for him makes sense as it means we get to keep Rod, while Kiffin serves more of a mentor/overseer. The idea was to always promote Rod but as previously stated, firing Kiffin meant Rod walks too.

I actually don't see anything wrong with what's going on with the defense.

It's the offense that seems like a big custer***** between Garrett, Callahan, and Linehan.

We weren't switching schemes again after one season. Kiffin may not be able to coach anymore but he still has much knowledge to offer.

Rod did wonders with this make shift d-line and did awesome with what he had.

To top it off, it makes it super easy to clean house after Garrett is probably fired next year. Bringing in new blood only prevents JJ from firing Garrett because that new coach is going to want to bring in his own guys.

This to me says that JJ is trying everything to prove Garrett can work out and this is the final stop gap.

He's already a lame duck HC entering his final year and we all know how those go.

This team will either be 10-6 or 6-10. I don't see 8-8 because the players will most likely quit on Garrett with his lameduck HC'ing title, or, we end up being relatively healthy like 2009 and do some minor damage.



1000% agreed. Promoting Rod to DC is the best move the team has made since they hired him as Dline coach. Complaing about this move is nitpicking just to nitpick, every single last one of us were talking about how we wanted Rod to coach the entire defense. And like you said the only reason Kiffin is being kept is probably because Rod wanted it. We all knew that Rods loyalty would be the #1 obstacle in getting him as DC, and whatever the heck they have Monte doing know seems to be the way around that obstacle.
post #4211 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

My mind is blown that head coach of the 0-16 Lions is running the defense for the Cowboys and the offensive coordinator of the Lions that went 29-51 during his tenure as OC is now calling the plays.


Amazing,

Rod is a great coach, head coach? Maybe not, but DC? The guy is a great f'n defensive coach. And to be frank, I don't know what coach could take Matt Millen's squad and win more than 3-4 games. If Garrett were fired, I think Rod would get a shot at HC here and I believe he would be the exact type of guy we need.

 

I like the Linehan hire too, he's a much better offensive coach for us than Callahan. Maybe Dez will actually be featured now.

post #4212 of 10475
You do not want Marinelli as your HC. He's a very solid defensive coach though.
post #4213 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Em View Post

You do not want Marinelli as your HC. He's a very solid defensive coach though.

I get what your saying, but the guy had one stint with a terrible GM and roster, he went 10-38 in three years in Detroit and had the dreadful 0-16 team. All I am saying is that he's a great defensive coach and is a good DC, but maybe if he got another shot he would have better results. Pete Carroll and Bill Bellicheck had pretty poor results in their first runs as head coaches too, it's hard to base whether Rod would be a bad head coach again off of his first job.

 

Dallas needs a hard nosed type of coach, I truly believe if we had more structure there this team would've had more success after Parcells left.

post #4214 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

My mind is blown that head coach of the 0-16 Lions is running the defense for the Cowboys and the offensive coordinator of the Lions that went 29-51 during his tenure as OC is now calling the plays.


Amazing,

Wade Phillips is a terrible HC, but great coordinator.

Marinelli is a terrible HC but a great d-line coach. We had injuries galore on the d-line and JAG's off the street were still able to compete and make plays. What he was able to do with this make shift d-line was incredible as bad as the defense was.

Scott Linehan has a history with Garrett and they have worked well together. The move makes sense from a Garrett perspective because of the familiarity with the offense. Callahan was not familiar with the offense which is why Garrett took the play calling back after the bye week.

I am not saying the Cowboys are now substantially better than last year but more of the Cowboys failures, especially on D, has to do with personnell.

Dez may benefit the most from Scott Linehan as stated before. We will move him around, and be somewhat creative on offense.

Honestly, we have 3, maybe 4 really good players on defense and that's pushing it.

Hatcher
Ware
Selvie
Barry Church

Barry Church is a huge stretch since he's terrible in coverage. Orlando Scandrick can be considered "really good" but honestly, if a couple of those guys were on other teams, they'd be mediocre (ironically) at best.
post #4215 of 10475

Defense needs a major overhaul in talent

post #4216 of 10475
The biggest complaint I've read here about the offense is running the ball more.

Yall just hired the one guy that runs the ball less than before.
Team Mopar
"Mother warned me that there would be men like you driving cars like that."
Reply
Team Mopar
"Mother warned me that there would be men like you driving cars like that."
Reply
post #4217 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

The biggest complaint I've read here about the offense is running the ball more.

Yall just hired the one guy that runs the ball less than before.

 

that's not correct actually, I did some research on this

 

Detroit was 14th in the NFL with 445 rush attempts, Dallas was 31st with 336 attempts

 

Detroit ran the ball like 109 more times than the Cowboys last year, thats what nearly 7 more runs per game? I'll take that

post #4218 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiacrack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

The biggest complaint I've read here about the offense is running the ball more.


Yall just hired the one guy that runs the ball less than before.

that's not correct actually, I did some research on this

Detroit ran the ball like 100 more times than the Cowboys last year, thats 6.25 more runs per game I'll take that

He called the most passes in NFL history the year before.

3rd and short, prepare for empty backfield sets.
Team Mopar
"Mother warned me that there would be men like you driving cars like that."
Reply
Team Mopar
"Mother warned me that there would be men like you driving cars like that."
Reply
post #4219 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post


He called the most passes in NFL history the year before.

3rd and short, prepare for empty backfield sets.

 

Who was his running back the year before? He worked with the personnel he had, I mean you know more about the Lions than I do obviously, but from the outside looking in I don't think Linehan's offense was bad at all, his offense finished had a couple top ten performances.

 

He used Reggie Bush effectively when he got him, which should be good for our backs especially Murray and Dunbar.

 

Honestly, anything is better than Callahan and if we add another WR, I would have no problem airing it out like a Denver attack

post #4220 of 10475

the real issue we had running the ball was situational football, that falls on the HC IMO

post #4221 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiacrack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

The biggest complaint I've read here about the offense is running the ball more.


Yall just hired the one guy that runs the ball less than before.

that's not correct actually, I did some research on this

Detroit ran the ball like 100 more times than the Cowboys last year, thats 6.25 more runs per game I'll take that

He called the most passes in NFL history the year before.

3rd and short, prepare for empty backfield sets.

I would too if my backfield consisted of Mikel Leshoure, Joique Bell, & Kevin Smith.

It was a different story this season when Reggie Bush came on board.
NEW PERFORMANCE VLOG: SUBSTANCE OVER SURFACE x ARISTO Ent. (WEST END LOUNGE NYC)
Reply
NEW PERFORMANCE VLOG: SUBSTANCE OVER SURFACE x ARISTO Ent. (WEST END LOUNGE NYC)
Reply
post #4222 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

He called the most passes in NFL history the year before.

3rd and short, prepare for empty backfield sets.

Prepare? We've already been doing that since 2008 laugh.gif

Dallas is one of the only teams on 3rd and 2, we are in empty back field shot-gun formations.

If people think we are bringing Linehan in for balance they are sorely mistaken, although I will say that looking at the numbers, the Lions ran the ball more than we did despite the fact that our RB was averaging over 5.2 yards per carry.

People also need to chill with the "passing game coordinator is a made up title" nonsense because I don't recall anyone spewing that stuff when Parcells did it back when he was with Dallas (Sean Payton, Todd Haley to name a few).

Garrett and Callahan don't mesh well with the way Garrett wants his offense to be. Linehan and Garrett see eye to eye with the offense and have worked together sucessfully in the past. At the very least, someone is coming in with much familiarty and cohesiveness in terms of the offense. Whether that equates to playoffs, we will see.

The bottom line is as long as Garrett is here, it will ALWAYS be his offense,

JJ is also afraid of changing systems towards the twilight of Romo's career and would rather not force him to get acclimated to an entirely new offense after 6 years of consistency.

Callahan, despite his issues with Garrett, is primarily the reason for Frederick, and Tyron's All Pro play. The line has performed significantly better than the year before and the running game was the best since 2006, although we never ran the ball (31st in attempts but first 1,000 yard back since Julius Jones in 2006).
post #4223 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSneakerhead23 View Post


I would too if my backfield consisted of Mikel Leshoure, Joique Bell, & Kevin Smith.

It was a different story this season when Reggie Bush came on board.

thank you I was thinking the same thing

post #4224 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPire View Post


Prepare? We've already been doing that since 2008 laugh.gif

Dallas is one of the only teams on 3rd and 2, we are in empty back field shot-gun formations.

If people think we are bringing Linehan in for balance they are sorely mistaken, although I will say that looking at the numbers, the Lions ran the ball more than we did despite the fact that our RB was averaging over 5.2 yards per carry.

People also need to chill with the "passing game coordinator is a made up title" nonsense because I don't recall anyone spewing that stuff when Parcells did it back when he was with Dallas (Sean Payton, Todd Haley to name a few).

Garrett and Callahan don't mesh well with the way Garrett wants his offense to be. Linehan and Garrett see eye to eye with the offense and have worked together sucessfully in the past. At the very least, someone is coming in with much familiarty and cohesiveness in terms of the offense. Whether that equates to playoffs, we will see.

The bottom line is as long as Garrett is here, it will ALWAYS be his offense,

JJ is also afraid of changing systems towards the twilight of Romo's career and would rather not force him to get acclimated to an entirely new offense after 6 years of consistency.

Callahan, despite his issues with Garrett, is primarily the reason for Frederick, and Tyron's All Pro play. The line has performed significantly better than the year before and the running game was the best since 2006, although we never ran the ball (31st in attempts but first 1,000 yard back since Julius Jones in 2006).

 

glad you said that because Parcells did something very similar

 

I think TRON and Fred are responsible for their seasons, but the coaching did help. It was only a matter of time before TRON became a beast, last year he had too much personel stuff going on off the field.

 

Callahan did help with the OL though and that is why Jerrah wants him here. The problem with our offense is Callahan is West Coast and Garrett is Air Coryell, two completely different schemes and early in the year we did run the ball more and ran short/intermediate routes and our offense was pretty bad. When Garrett took back control, we started using that deep passing game again but we didn't run the ball enough.

 

There has to be a middle ground, run the ball but use Coryell passing game. Honesly, I've always thought pass to set up the run, until we get a complete power OL or a legit zone attack, that is what we must do. If they added Warford last year, our line would be beastly and we could be a running team.

post #4225 of 10475
post #4226 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiacrack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSneakerhead23 View Post

thank you I was thinking the same thing

Joique Bell is solid running back in this league.

Yall dudes talking about how we ran the ball more than yall.

Yall had a shot of having the worst defense in NFL history going into week 17 of course yall weren't going to be running the ball a ton.
Team Mopar
"Mother warned me that there would be men like you driving cars like that."
Reply
Team Mopar
"Mother warned me that there would be men like you driving cars like that."
Reply
post #4227 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiacrack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSneakerhead23 View Post

thank you I was thinking the same thing

Joique Bell is solid running back in this league.

Yall dudes talking about how we ran the ball more than yall.

Yall had a shot of having the worst defense in NFL history going into week 17 of course yall weren't going to be running the ball a ton.

Joique Bell was a solid RB in this league, THIS YEAR. If they had that much faith in Bell in 2012, why did he only get 82 attempts compared to Leshoure's 215? Stop it!

The fact is, Detroit ran the ball more than Dallas did last season. Numbers don't lie.

Regardless of what our defense did and didn't do, we didn't run the ball because we chose not to do so. There were plenty of situations where we had a lead, Green Bay, and STILL DIDN'T RUN THE BALL!
NEW PERFORMANCE VLOG: SUBSTANCE OVER SURFACE x ARISTO Ent. (WEST END LOUNGE NYC)
Reply
NEW PERFORMANCE VLOG: SUBSTANCE OVER SURFACE x ARISTO Ent. (WEST END LOUNGE NYC)
Reply
post #4228 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSneakerhead23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiacrack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSneakerhead23 View Post

thank you I was thinking the same thing

Joique Bell is solid running back in this league.

Yall dudes talking about how we ran the ball more than yall.

Yall had a shot of having the worst defense in NFL history going into week 17 of course yall weren't going to be running the ball a ton.

Joique Bell was a solid RB in this league, THIS YEAR. If they had that much faith in Bell in 2012, why did he only get 82 attempts compared to Leshoure's 215? Stop it!

The fact is, Detroit ran the ball more than Dallas did last season. Numbers don't lie.

Regardless of what our defense did and didn't do, we didn't run the ball because we chose not to do so. There were plenty of situations where we had a lead, Green Bay, and STILL DIDN'T RUN THE BALL!

And you still aren't going to!
Team Mopar
"Mother warned me that there would be men like you driving cars like that."
Reply
Team Mopar
"Mother warned me that there would be men like you driving cars like that."
Reply
post #4229 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPro View Post

And you still aren't going to!

And you still don't have any facts or numbers to support anything your saying!

Right now you're just talking out of your ***. That's usually the case tho, unless it's about Calvin Johnson mean.gif
NEW PERFORMANCE VLOG: SUBSTANCE OVER SURFACE x ARISTO Ent. (WEST END LOUNGE NYC)
Reply
NEW PERFORMANCE VLOG: SUBSTANCE OVER SURFACE x ARISTO Ent. (WEST END LOUNGE NYC)
Reply
post #4230 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSneakerhead23 View Post


Joique Bell was a solid RB in this league, THIS YEAR. If they had that much faith in Bell in 2012, why did he only get 82 attempts compared to Leshoure's 215? Stop it!

The fact is, Detroit ran the ball more than Dallas did last season. Numbers don't lie.

Regardless of what our defense did and didn't do, we didn't run the ball because we chose not to do so. There were plenty of situations where we had a lead, Green Bay, and STILL DIDN'T RUN THE BALL!

 

you know what the sad part is? yes that defense was awful, but you know what? we lost like 4 games by a combined 5 points and we went 8-8, i'm not saying Dallas is a Super Bowl team, but they get their **** together and split those games, 10-6 is playoffs and with a better defense and some balance on offense who knows

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › THE OFFICIAL 2017 DALLAS COWBOYS OFFSEASON THREAD | 2017 Schedule Released