THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

Just tired that’s all.

A bunch of playoff teams with just as bad cap situations are adding impact players year after year.

We cut or trade impact players. Then sign bargain bin guys who don’t even rank in top 100 free agents. The two signings are not bad. But they certainly don’t fills holes

Shifting focus to the draft…

OL - K Green, Raimann, Linderbaum, Z Johnson
DL - Wyatt, Ojabo?
LB - Dean I think makes some sense

Is there really anything outside that group that makes much sense?

You still taking him at 24, though?

Achilles timing in a best case he misses the first 4-6 weeks of the year?

By the way. Browns converted Coop’s salary and opened up $15mil in cap space.

Whether they thought moving on was right or not. This front office is playing a different game, and they are losers for it.

Shifting focus to the draft…

OL - K Green, Raimann, Linderbaum, Z Johnson
DL - Wyatt, Ojabo?
LB - Dean I think makes some sense

Is there really anything outside that group that makes much sense?
I’m all ol. If one of the edge rusher’s drop I would jump on them. I would like a DB, but I don’t see anyone

You still taking him at 24, though?

Achilles timing in a best case he misses the first 4-6 weeks of the year?
2nd round pick ya
By the way. Browns converted Coop’s salary and opened up $15mil in cap space.

Whether they thought moving on was right or not. This front office is playing a different game, and they are losers for it.
Bro just give it up already. The cowboys made up there minds on cutting coop 2 years ago.

Seems pretty clear the Cowboys decided they weren't kicking the cap can further and further down the road.

They weren't winning with this bunch. Just is what it is. Made some moves to free up some near-term offseason flexibility over the next couple of years.

The Packers had to do the same thing - and I'd be even more pissed if I were a fan of theirs.

Nobody loves taking steps backwards, but in this case, I get what they're doing and they weren't winning a title as is.

Give what up?

That year after year this front office looks like a bunch of idiots?

That flexibility is cool and whatever. But we’ve seen it year after year where they aren’t even a player in the off-season.

But whatever. Who cares.

Bobby Wagner gonna be a good get.

Kearse back.

The defense isn’t gonna move backward if they can get Wagner locked in.

Let’s think about the past 30 years of NFL football and all of the times the Dallas Cowboys were good……….
All of our Great offensive players were drafted by the cowboys. All of our great Defensive Teams were all drafted by the cowboys. One year at the draft we took 5 defensive backs and played them all together and had a great secondary. Our issue is we draft the players throw a mega contract to them after the rookie contract expires then are stuck with a diminishing star with an unmovable contract. Quarterback is the only position in the NFL that isn’t plug and play.

We need to stop falling in love with the Zeke’s, Dez, Lambs, Cooper’s, and realize all of them our replaceable.

Jimmy Johnson built our Dynasty in the 90s off of Draft Picks

Honestly It hasn’t been many misses when the cowboys go into the draft knowing they need a position and ended up with a stud. The issue is we don’t look for the studs cause we don’t want to have a position competition

Back in the day when the cowboys were faced with the decision should we Max contract Dez or Murray…. Why not cut/trade both and draft another rookie Wr/RB?

Last edited:
Kearse deal is a really good one.

I’m iffy on the some of the depth in the front 7 (can easily be addressed though) But otherwise can live with the way it is on the defensive side.

sigh

i’ve been off the boys since the niners game, yet here i am finding myself getting hype for tomorrow!!!

lfg!!

Just draft one of the interior linemen and call it a day.

But we'll probably draft a receiver. Or trade. Because we're goofy.

Jerry showing their draft chart during his press conference 🤦 someone needs to lock this man in a closet somewhere. Senile old man

2022 Schedule
1652463670635.png

Back
Top Bottom