NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming - Page 90

post #2671 of 71172

The PlayStation 4 | OT | This Fall For $399.99 | 500GB | NO DRM | USED GAMES ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR J 858 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin View Post

Is it a release day game?

I also wonder if Grand Theft Auto 5 will be available on PS4's PS Store day one. Probably wishful thinking though.

Nah Infamous Second Son isn't a launch title and won't be out until Quarter 1 2014.

R* already confirmed GTA V won't be coming out or ported to the next gen consoles.
So there will not be PS3 titles on the PS4 Store? Like we have PS2 titles on PS3's Store?
post #2672 of 71172

The PlayStation 4 | OT | This Fall For $399.99 | 500GB | NO DRM | USED GAMES ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR J 858 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin View Post

Is it a release day game?

I also wonder if Grand Theft Auto 5 will be available on PS4's PS Store day one. Probably wishful thinking though.

Nah Infamous Second Son isn't a launch title and won't be out until Quarter 1 2014.

R* already confirmed GTA V won't be coming out or ported to the next gen consoles.
So there will not be PS3 titles on the PS4 Store? Like we have PS2 titles on PS3's Store?
post #2673 of 71172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin View Post

So there will not be PS3 titles on the PS4 Store? Like we have PS2 titles on PS3's Store?

Sounds like different architecture issues... Reason why the first thing they are doing with Gaiko (?) is to get PS3 games up and running in the US early 2014, then move backwards from there.
post #2674 of 71172

The PlayStation 4 | OT | This Fall For $399.99 | 500GB | NO DRM | USED GAMES ...

Well damn. I mean I am fine with it. I have invested so much into my PS3 and planned on keeping it anyway.
post #2675 of 71172

The PlayStation 4 | OT | This Fall For $399.99 | 500GB | NO DRM | USED GAMES ...

Still gotta play GOWA. I heard that it wasn't as good though.
post #2676 of 71172
Mark Cerny Explains The PS4's GPU - Can Perform Asynchronous Complex Processes
http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1292953




Tech heads, explain.
Hip Hop is dead. There is no "savior".
Reply
Hip Hop is dead. There is no "savior".
Reply
post #2677 of 71172
post #2678 of 71172
post #2679 of 71172
Sony PS4 Release Date To Be Announced At Gamescom [Rumor]



Sony is expected to release their PlayStation 4 later this year and the last we heard, the rumors were suggesting that the console could see a release on the 13th of November. Whether that rumor is true or not remains to be seen, but according to a report from German website, PC Games, they claim that a source of theirs close to Sony informed them that the release date of the PlayStation 4 console will be announced at gamescom. The event is expected to be held this year on the 21st of August and will run until the 25th of August, although if it is true, the announcement will probably be made on the 21st of August since that is a media-only day. The event will also be held in Germany, which we guess makes sense as to why PC Games was the one to break the news. In any case with the PS4 set for a release in the “holiday season”, there isn’t that much deviation but we’re sure some gamers would appreciate a solid date nonetheless.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/07/sony-ps4-release-date-to-be-announced-at-gamescom-rumor/&sa=U&ei=i2_RUfb8D9PH0gHM-oDYBA&ved=0CBsQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNEiGtee7ee_2-yaxxNShg0Zrs7kng
Hip Hop is dead. There is no "savior".
Reply
Hip Hop is dead. There is no "savior".
Reply
post #2680 of 71172
In what way does that RD "make sense"?

Not trolling, just genuinely curious laugh.gif
post #2681 of 71172
Sony is just trying to get the jump on M$.

You can tell what happened last gen really left a bad taste in their mouth. They are trying to do everything the opposite. Especially not coming out first.

Either way pre order or on pre order. If they keep us away from them Black Friday crowds I'm all for it. laugh.gif
post #2682 of 71172
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYFIEND View Post

Sony is just trying to get the jump on M$.

You can tell what happened last gen really left a bad taste in their mouth. They are trying to do everything the opposite. Especially not coming out first.

Either way pre order or on pre order. If they keep us away from them Black Friday crowds I'm all for it. laugh.gif

BRO, seriously!

My body is ready, mentally and physically...will be home on that day, making damn sure nobody plucks my Amazon PreOrders laugh.gifmean.gif
post #2683 of 71172
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR J 858 View Post

Heads up this deal at Best Buy has been extended to 7-6-13.

This is the cheapest you will find PS+ offered at anytime.

Playstation Plus: $10 Off 1 Year Subscription: $5 Off 3 Month Subscription



Log into Best Buy's rewards zone site to get the coupon.

Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=+PlayStation_Plus_Offer_108090&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

do you have to be a gamers club memeber to get the $10 off?..

also i had put up a pic a few weeks back showing the release date for watch dogs from a game informer magazine i believe which said November 13th and under available platforms it stated the PS4 as well so i assumed that was the release date because why would you release the game without the system being out???
post #2684 of 71172
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks View Post

Mark Cerny Explains The PS4's GPU - Can Perform Asynchronous Complex Processes
http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1292953




Tech heads, explain.

I'm not a tech head by any means but from what I understand it means the GPU which is mainly used for rendering graphics can be used for tasks that the CPU normally takes care off, stuff like physics and collison detection.

CPU's are usually large cores which are very fast while GPU's are lots of tiny little cores which aren't as fast. CPU's do tasks one after the other while GPU's do lots of tasks in parallel. By offloading tasks to the GPU you can have these tiny cores perform smaller CPU like calculations along with the CPU. Since they both perform calculations in different ways you can sort of mix and match and code to each one's advantages which will mean better physics on objects in the game i.e. better destruction of buildings, clothe animation car handling etc.

They showed it in the PS4 reveal when they had the GPU run that physics demo with the blue balls dropping from the sky.

igkE52g5pT3v7.gif

Also the fact that the GPU and CPU are on the same chip and share the same pool of RAM wil probably mean there is a lot they can get out of this setup.

Thats where my knowledge ends laugh.gif
Another reason to be excited about next gen though because it opens up a lot of options for the developers.
post #2685 of 71172
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyzonjay View Post

do you have to be a gamers club memeber to get the $10 off?..

also i had put up a pic a few weeks back showing the release date for watch dogs from a game informer magazine i believe which said November 13th and under available platforms it stated the PS4 as well so i assumed that was the release date because why would you release the game without the system being out???

No all you need is a rewards zone membership. Log into the Best Buy Rewards Zone and you see the offer.
post #2686 of 71172
Just went down to best buy today and picked up a year renewal. I'm good until January 2015. I'm sure when PS4 releases there will be more subscription deals. Might get another discounted year at that time.
post #2687 of 71172
I haven't fully decided which launch games I'm going to get. In a perfect world, all of the ones I'm interested in, but I'll probably only be able to get 2.

Most likely going to make one of them a shooter and the other one something different so I can have variety. Killzone: Shadow Fall or Battlefield 4 and something else. I'll be downloading every free-to-play game like Warframe. Plus PS+ will have Drive Club day one. I might have to get the new Live if it looks good.
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
post #2688 of 71172
Battlefield 4 is a must. Beyond that, I'll probably grab NBA 2K.
post #2689 of 71172
i reserved Watch Dogs and NBA2K, im undecided btwn COD and BF4 although ima probably go with COD.
post #2690 of 71172
I'm excited for 2k. This thing needs hurry up an drop. Any update on the white version?
post #2691 of 71172
any clips of NBA Live? im still going with 2K but id like to see what theyve done with it, havent picked up live since 05 with Melo on the cover..
post #2692 of 71172
My options for Launch are BF4,Watch Dogs, 2K, and Fifa I'll wait for reviews.

Lakers Raiders Dodgers Chelsea 

Twitter

Reply

Lakers Raiders Dodgers Chelsea 

Twitter

Reply
post #2693 of 71172

I think i'm going with watch dogs and 2k at launch 

post #2694 of 71172

whoever gets BF4 for ps4 we should make a NT bf4 team glasses.gif
 

post #2695 of 71172
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyzonjay View Post

any clips of NBA Live? im still going with 2K but id like to see what theyve done with it, havent picked up live since 05 with Melo on the cover..

No 5 on 5 full gameplay but they were showing BounceTek at E3 you can see a little clip in the background starting at around 2:12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwYWMMmKL0M

post #2696 of 71172
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyAnimal View Post

I think i'm going with watch dogs and 2k at launch 


I'm definately copping BF4 at launch need my fps fix.. still debating between watchdogs and 2k since I only plan on copping 2 games I normally don't play more than 2 games in my rotation laugh.gif

post #2697 of 71172
Battlefield 3 will be available for free on PS + tomorrow. First Uncharted 3 and now BF3, PS Plus >>>>>> pimp.gif
post #2698 of 71172
What?! Man I love PlayStation plus. I almost bought a copy today when I was at best buy. Do you know if the online multiplayer is included?
post #2699 of 71172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister DoItNice View Post

What?! Man I love PlayStation plus. I almost bought a copy today when I was at best buy. Do you know if the online multiplayer is included?

Yea most likely, remember EA killed the online pass.
post #2700 of 71172
I wasn't aware of that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming