NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming - Page 125

post #3721 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBottom305 View Post

Anyone know if the PS4 will allow in game music/custom soundtracks or does xbox still have that feature on lock?
From my understanding(which is not much), microsoft patented in game music so sony has to have developers allow ps3 or ps4 owners in their specific game.
This could be true or not true. I read about this in this thread actually. I didn't bother to verify if what he said was actually true, so take this post with a grain of salt.
see but just like bluray technology im sure M$ isnt the only person with the patent so idk why they cant use it
post #3722 of 71276
Microsoft does own a patent, but Sony is able to get around it by going game to game, rather than system wide.

Not a huge issue for me, I usually have a laptop or my computer near me when I'm playing.
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #3723 of 71276
I never really used that feature on my 360 because it doesn't just replace the music in the game, but goes over everything. It was also a hassle to transfer music to my 360 compared to the PS3.
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
post #3724 of 71276
maybe im alone on this but the music feature doesnt bother me at all, i actually rather have the game sounds playing..eyes.gif
post #3725 of 71276
Only time I've ever used it was for racing games.

My friend uses it when he plays COD. I don't know how the hell he does it. I need to hear everything.
post #3726 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYFIEND View Post

Only time I've ever used it was for racing games.

This. And Polyphony had it in GT5, so I assume it'll be in 6.
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #3727 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR J 858 View Post

Gamescom and that Gamestop sponsored convention in Las Vegas later this month is pretty much Microsoft's last chances early in this console gen to save face and try to clean their mess up after dropping the ball at their reveal event in May and their HORRIBLE showing at E3 this year.

-They have a lot to cover and to try and educate people about their reversal on DRM policies, used game sales policy, and the 24 hour internet check in policy.
-Then they have to clear up their mess after yet backtracking and changing their approach to indie developers.
-Then they still have to pitch the actual games for the system.Outside of the hardcore gamers most people still think it's a mostly all in one entertainment device mainly.

Like I said when I went to the San Diego Comic Con this year many people at the convention were very confused and didn't know about Microsoft's reversal and change of plans to the Xbone policies.E3 was very still much in peoples memories.Which is understandable since it was only a little over a month since E3 was held.

Fact is Microsoft has not been a big fan of Gamescom in the past.Heck the last time they actually held a press conference their was back in 2005 laugh.gif
Quote:
Microsoft has not staged a large public-facing event there since the announcement of Xbox 360's launch price back in 2005.

Source:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/4/4493906/report-microsoft-planning-gamescom-press-conference

Another rumor going around lately is that if Microsoft has another a bad showing at these 2 conventions they will seriously consider dropping the price of the Xbone down to $399.99 by the time the console launches this year.

BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD. ONE CAN HOPE.
ADIDAS YEEZY 350 BOOST V2 RED/COPPER/GREEN AUTOCHECKOUT SLOTS NOW OPEN!! USE COUPON CODE: NIKETALK15 FOR SPECIAL NIKETALK DISCOUNT PRICING!!
XBO...
RSVPsniper.com
(1 photos)
  
Reply
ADIDAS YEEZY 350 BOOST V2 RED/COPPER/GREEN AUTOCHECKOUT SLOTS NOW OPEN!! USE COUPON CODE: NIKETALK15 FOR SPECIAL NIKETALK DISCOUNT PRICING!!
XBO...
RSVPsniper.com
(1 photos)
  
Reply
post #3728 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYFIEND View Post

Only time I've ever used it was for racing games.

My friend uses it when he plays COD. I don't know how the hell he does it. I need to hear everything.

I also use it for racing. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit let me do it.

Only other games I'd use it for is sports games. Even in Madden I turn the crowd all the way down just to listen to my one music.
post #3729 of 71276
I remember in PSOne days I have albums I'd listen to in my CD player on repeat while playing RPG's.

Now when I listen to those albums, all I can think about is the games and vice versa. laugh.gif
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #3730 of 71276
Only time I used the music feature was playing skate. Other than that I had no use for it. I did wish there was to use it in GTA though
post #3731 of 71276
XBone just turning around on urrthang.. Price, restrictions, and whatever the **** else.

pimp.gif just waiting on release dates for both these joints
post #3732 of 71276
Sony to impose UK-wide limit on PS4 pre-orders
Launch day system not guaranteed after pre-order deadline; In-store units still coming on release day
Quote:
PS4 pre-orders placed after Monday will not likely be fulfilled on release day, due to intense demand for the next-generation console, Sony has informed retail partners.

Retail sources have confirmed to CVG that PS4 pre-orders must be placed "before next week" in order to guarantee a system on launch date. That effectively gives consumers an August 5 deadline.

Pre-orders can still be placed thereafter, but may not result in a system on the day of release, as demand is expected to significantly outstrip supply. The deadline will be imposed across the UK, and likely Europe, but circumstances may be different across the US and Japan.

However, retail outlets have also been promised additional units for general sale on day one - meaning those who do not pre-order will still have a chance of buying the system on release day.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/421873/sony-to-impose-uk-wide-limit-on-ps4-pre-orders/

There's going to be chaos come November
post #3733 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouble View Post

Sony to impose UK-wide limit on PS4 pre-orders
Launch day system not guaranteed after pre-order deadline; In-store units still coming on release day
Quote:
PS4 pre-orders placed after Monday will not likely be fulfilled on release day, due to intense demand for the next-generation console, Sony has informed retail partners.

Retail sources have confirmed to CVG that PS4 pre-orders must be placed "before next week" in order to guarantee a system on launch date. That effectively gives consumers an August 5 deadline.

Pre-orders can still be placed thereafter, but may not result in a system on the day of release, as demand is expected to significantly outstrip supply. The deadline will be imposed across the UK, and likely Europe, but circumstances may be different across the US and Japan.

However, retail outlets have also been promised additional units for general sale on day one - meaning those who do not pre-order will still have a chance of buying the system on release day.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/421873/sony-to-impose-uk-wide-limit-on-ps4-pre-orders/

There's going to be chaos come November

There always is regardless of these recent news.

post #3734 of 71276
i wish i had a european PS+ account mean.gif
they always get better games than us
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #3735 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

There always is regardless of these recent news.

Not for all consoles. Vita and Wii-U were pretty tame.

Here's PS2 in France.

This is Chaos laugh.gif

post #3736 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***a5in11 View Post

i wish i had a european PS+ account mean.gif
they always get better games than us

We usually get them a few months later.
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #3737 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***a5in11 View Post

i wish i had a european PS+ account mean.gif
they always get better games than us

We usually get them a few months later.

they got catherine, unit 13, shadow of colossus & ico right now
and they getting NFS most wanted and mafia II next month sick.gif
i would never buy a new game if i had a europe account
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #3738 of 71276

I'm starting to feel it. 

 

pimp.gif

post #3739 of 71276
The only PS3 game I used a custom music playlist while playing a game was Gran Turismo 5.

After playing that game for 3 or 4 hours straight the engine sound and the game soundtrack just gets horribly repetitive sick.gif

Other games I don't really don't care about playing custom music.That shiet takes away from the single experience while playing games.
post #3740 of 71276
MLB the show with custom music smokin.gif
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #3741 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***a5in11 View Post

MLB the show with custom music smokin.gif

Yea but the Show's soundtrack is always dope. pimp.gif
post #3742 of 71276

FIFA soundtracks smokin.gif

LIVERPOOL FC YNWA

PSN:  DOOOM_PhD

Reply

LIVERPOOL FC YNWA

PSN:  DOOOM_PhD

Reply
post #3743 of 71276
Can u choose the music that players enter to in the show?
post #3744 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubA169 View Post

Can u choose the music that players enter to in the show?

Yup
post #3745 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamez View Post

FIFA soundtracks smokin.gif

this man knows!!!!! smokin.gif ... every year the most consistent soundtrack..
tesla
psn x justreason
sun x moon x stars
budden x lupe x rakim x jayz
arsenalfc x germany x raiders x seminoles x celtics
Reply
tesla
psn x justreason
sun x moon x stars
budden x lupe x rakim x jayz
arsenalfc x germany x raiders x seminoles x celtics
Reply
post #3746 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouble View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

There always is regardless of these recent news.

Not for all consoles. Vita and Wii-U were pretty tame.

Here's PS2 in France.

This is Chaos laugh.gif

I stand corrected.

Def not buying a console day on in stores.

post #3747 of 71276
Just as long as I can use custom tracks for WWE and NBA 2K.
I got dressed, fed the dog
Wrote about it in my blog
Didn't get a ticket on my commute
Hit the gym, scored a towel
Found a pen, saw an owl
Did impressions of the client with the client on mute
For Sale: FS - 2011 Varsity Red Foamposite (Pre-Owned) - Sz. 13
$196 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
I got dressed, fed the dog
Wrote about it in my blog
Didn't get a ticket on my commute
Hit the gym, scored a towel
Found a pen, saw an owl
Did impressions of the client with the client on mute
For Sale: FS - 2011 Varsity Red Foamposite (Pre-Owned) - Sz. 13
$196 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
post #3748 of 71276
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR J 858 View Post

Gamescom and that Gamestop sponsored convention in Las Vegas later this month is pretty much Microsoft's last chances early in this console gen to save face and try to clean their mess up after dropping the ball at their reveal event in May and their HORRIBLE showing at E3 this year.

-They have a lot to cover and to try and educate people about their reversal on DRM policies, used game sales policy, and the 24 hour internet check in policy.
-Then they have to clear up their mess after yet backtracking and changing their approach to indie developers.
-Then they still have to pitch the actual games for the system.Outside of the hardcore gamers most people still think it's a mostly all in one entertainment device mainly.

Like I said when I went to the San Diego Comic Con this year many people at the convention were very confused and didn't know about Microsoft's reversal and change of plans to the Xbone policies.E3 was very still much in peoples memories.Which is understandable since it was only a little over a month since E3 was held.

Fact is Microsoft has not been a big fan of Gamescom in the past.Heck the last time they actually held a press conference their was back in 2005 laugh.gif
Source:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/4/4493906/report-microsoft-planning-gamescom-press-conference

Another rumor going around lately is that if Microsoft has another a bad showing at these 2 conventions they will seriously consider dropping the price of the Xbone down to $399.99 by the time the console launches this year.

Don't eem care. Those two conventions left a bad taste in my mouth.
post #3749 of 71276

 

 

 

Hello Deep Down graphics downgrade .

                                                                                           #KNICKUP
Reply
                                                                                           #KNICKUP
Reply
post #3750 of 71276
Yeesh
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming