I am a Nikon guy now but I would get a T1i over a D5000 any day.
Care to elaborate? I plan on purchasing either soon. Thanks dude.
I'm a Nikon guy as well. If HD video is a priority, Canon is the way to go. Right now I'm thinking of dumping my Nikon gear to pick up a Canon 7D whenever funds allow.
Things I like about Nikon
- Ergonomics. It just feels "right" when being held.. especially the higher end bodies
- Two dials. one on the front and one on the back for changing aperture and shutter speed.
Things I hate about Nikon
- HD video is limited to 720p... even on the D300s. If it had 1080p with variable framerates, I'd get that over the 7D
- Expensive +*# lenses when compared to Canon.
- Huge line-up of lenses
- They have their HD video on point... even more-so with the 7D
- Just doesn't feel "right" in the hands
- Missing the second dial for controlling aperture and shutter speed.
I think that's about it. At the end of the day just choose which tool works best. As much as I'm a Nikon fanboy at heart, I wouldn't hesitate to switch if the other camp has better offerings.