Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Smh rikan it gets to the point where you wanna read and believe what you want, I sent you a pm which you chose to ignore simply to approach me on here, I never said the picture wasn't your idea or that you didn't compose it yourself or sen posed the model to achieve the look, I gave you credit for that, never did I judge your picture, all I said that me personally wouldn't call a piece of art like your picture is ENTIRELY mines, being that I only did 60% of the work....why do you insist on making sound as if I took a shot at you?...you can sit there and judge my pictures time and time again, I never said I was a pro, I barely make any money of this, bit I learned alot from being open minded to different opinions and not turning everything into a jab contest....you know?

funny how everyone is making me out to be this cocky dude who swears he's a pro, when none of my posts show any of this.

Bana awesome pics. and Rikan that pic you stole and trying to claim (
laugh.gif
)...is great

I dont have a setup of the studio I rent space from .. next time I go I post some .. the studio is cool and it has rails which makes the movement of lightseasier however they are kind of low for my taste .. I rather have my lights aimed down at a 45 degree angle and that setup doesnt allow me too .. however Imake it work .... the studio use whitelighning I believe .. the other studio I rent from uses Genesis ..

I myself use alienbess 3 of them because they are doing what they are suppose to do ... once i continue on my journey I will replace those with profotos - Ialso have softboxes octaboxes grids and barndoors along with color gels and a few other mods

damn all this arguing is killing this thread. It would be nice if everyone just dropped the personal bashing and please quit this whole ISS garbage. For beingthe more 'mature' forum, constantly bringing up the NT>ISS nonsense is just stupid.

Now...can we please get things back to photography?

ksteezy, your work is dope and your PP is among my favorite on here, and i'll admit that's rare. It would be nice if you could just let these argumentsgo and continue to share with us your work. Do you have a blog by any chance? I'd like to add you to my blog roll.

I'd post some of my latest work but I'm feeling lazy so I'll just post a link to my BLOG.
laugh.gif

As for the setup above, I wish I had studio space. Our apartment living room is all I have to work with. I still need to pick up a softbox for my Alien Beestoo. I'm not satisfied with umbrellas.

hey Rap .. Phan still making moves over your way huh .. lol .. he has the entire Perdue area on lock .. lol

seriously - dude's been getting paid for a while now .. I also notice he started shooting some fashion ... I think he used some space in the school .. youmight want to look into that ..

Originally Posted by mjbetch

this thread is about to get locked....

please. keep it alive for the sake of photography.
I wouldnt mind a fresh start...........

In order to avoid getting this thread locked, I just reported everyone whos been arguing.

Youre welcome.

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

^Truth.

Can anyone school me on what a slave flash is?
I've googled and youtubed, I'm still confused.

When using multiple flash heads, you will have a master which will set off the other flash heads once it goes off, this is usually done thru IR. Thesesecondary flash units are called Slaves.

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

hey Rap .. Phan still making moves over your way huh .. lol .. he has the entire Perdue area on lock .. lol

seriously - dude's been getting paid for a while now .. I also notice he started shooting some fashion ... I think he used some space in the school .. you might want to look into that ..
haha, that dude is getting gigs like crazy. Still haven't met him personally but honestly, I believe the Asian community here at Purdue knowme better than they know him. He definitely has more experience and more connections. Me on the other hand, I do things solo and learn pretty much everything iknow by myself. I tried joining the photography club here but they seemed like the most boring people on Earth so I bounced after one meeting
laugh.gif

now that I think about it, a fresh thread would actually be nice. I wouldn't mind creating VOL 2 and putting all the basic info on the original post toavoid recurring questions. if mods decide to lock this up, let me know and I'll be more than willing to spearhead a new thread
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

^Truth.

Can anyone school me on what a slave flash is?

I've googled and youtubed, I'm still confused.

When using multiple flash heads, you will have a master which will set off the other flash heads once it goes off, this is usually done thru IR. These secondary flash units are called Slaves.

So do they work the same way as strobes?

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

seriously - dude's been getting paid for a while now .. I also notice he started shooting some fashion ... I think he used some space in the school .. you might want to look into that ..
haha, that dude is getting gigs like crazy. Still haven't met him personally but honestly, I believe the Asian community here at Purdue know me better than they know him. He definitely has more experience and more connections. Me on the other hand, I do things solo and learn pretty much everything i know by myself. I tried joining the photography club here but they seemed like the most boring people on Earth so I bounced after one meeting
laugh.gif

now that I think about it, a fresh thread would actually be nice. I wouldn't mind creating VOL 2 and putting all the basic info on the original post to avoid recurring questions. if mods decide to lock this up, let me know and I'll be more than willing to spearhead a new thread
smile.gif
Do it!!

Back
Top Bottom