≈CHEECH & CHONG's≈

Originally Posted by moneymike88

i wish i knew what the hell i was looking at

x2 are these customs
eyes.gif

can you believe the demand on these? 300 at FC? do you think its artificial (will die down in a bit) or actual (the price will rise and rise)?

Demand on Liberties fell off, I dont know about these yet. Never wear them, how did you do that? haha like what was your technique?

can you believe the demand on these? 300 at FC? do you think its artificial (will die down in a bit) or actual (the price will rise and rise)?

Demand on Liberties fell off, I dont know about these yet. Never wear them, how did you do that? haha like what was your technique?

Demand is high at the moment. I think it'll die down or remain. It won't go pass that amount for sure.
Skunks were in the 200s back then and now ppl want more. Don't know why, maybe due to this new 420 coming out.

And I actually used a razor. I made a small incision and then went into cuttin the top layer carefully. It takes time. I f'n cut myself just b/c I wanted it to come out how I envisioned it and knew it was gonna be hard to do but worth it lol.

Demand is high at the moment. I think it'll die down or remain. It won't go pass that amount for sure.
Skunks were in the 200s back then and now ppl want more. Don't know why, maybe due to this new 420 coming out.

And I actually used a razor. I made a small incision and then went into cuttin the top layer carefully. It takes time. I f'n cut myself just b/c I wanted it to come out how I envisioned it and knew it was gonna be hard to do but worth it lol.

exactly man, as long as you are happy with them and dont cut yourself too bad thats all that matters hahahaha

skunks are like 250-300 now. I see these as kind of different, because consider the people doing what you are doing. If enough people do that the amount of DS pairs will get lower and lower, and if the demand is actual, then price should rise. BUT of course no matter how many pairs there are, I think there is a max price people will be willing to drop on these, I predict around 330ish....SJs on the other hand, once those become very rare, they will probably go for 400+.....remember skunks werent said to be limited to any particular quantity, where as these and all future QS's are a confirmed 1000 pairs, that is also a factor when considering price. On top of that you hardly see any posts of people rocking Skunks so I'd say price is capped at where they are right now.

Regardless of value, your customs are the best I've seen so far. GREAT JOB. I want to see a skated to death pair now, though I doubt we'll ever see that. thats the sad part about SBs these days, people wont skate em. oh well.

exactly man, as long as you are happy with them and dont cut yourself too bad thats all that matters hahahaha

skunks are like 250-300 now. I see these as kind of different, because consider the people doing what you are doing. If enough people do that the amount of DS pairs will get lower and lower, and if the demand is actual, then price should rise. BUT of course no matter how many pairs there are, I think there is a max price people will be willing to drop on these, I predict around 330ish....SJs on the other hand, once those become very rare, they will probably go for 400+.....remember skunks werent said to be limited to any particular quantity, where as these and all future QS's are a confirmed 1000 pairs, that is also a factor when considering price. On top of that you hardly see any posts of people rocking Skunks so I'd say price is capped at where they are right now.

Regardless of value, your customs are the best I've seen so far. GREAT JOB. I want to see a skated to death pair now, though I doubt we'll ever see that. thats the sad part about SBs these days, people wont skate em. oh well.

Originally Posted by never wear them

i got a pair today at a good price thanks to D
do you happen to be in nyc never wear them

because you did a really good job on the shoes and i would love to make my pair look like yours  

edit i see your in LA 

damn
frown.gif
 i dont want to mess my pair up your job was perfect 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by never wear them

i got a pair today at a good price thanks to D
do you happen to be in nyc never wear them

because you did a really good job on the shoes and i would love to make my pair look like yours  

edit i see your in LA 

damn
frown.gif
 i dont want to mess my pair up your job was perfect 
pimp.gif

NWT - Your pair looks ill. Proof positive that it pays off to be meticulous.

Is there green under the toe box as well?

NWT - Your pair looks ill. Proof positive that it pays off to be meticulous.

Is there green under the toe box as well?

thanks again. 
160 - sorry bout that bro... i would if i did live out there.

Five30 - the toe box isnt green underneath. that would've been dope, along with the eyestay. I am thinking of burnin a design or somthin on the toe box... a swirl... lol

elcerrito - one thing about setting prices on limited shoes, it all depends on how hot the shoe is... this shoe compared to the Skunks... i'd pick the Skunks to be honest.

Now regarding about the SJ dunks.... just looking at them and knowing that they're gonna be semi- limited.... you already smell a high 200 - low 300 price range. 

on the other shoe, the right pair, I'ma prob do some burnt stars or carve some words or somethin 
grin.gif

thanks again. 
160 - sorry bout that bro... i would if i did live out there.

Five30 - the toe box isnt green underneath. that would've been dope, along with the eyestay. I am thinking of burnin a design or somthin on the toe box... a swirl... lol

elcerrito - one thing about setting prices on limited shoes, it all depends on how hot the shoe is... this shoe compared to the Skunks... i'd pick the Skunks to be honest.

Now regarding about the SJ dunks.... just looking at them and knowing that they're gonna be semi- limited.... you already smell a high 200 - low 300 price range. 

on the other shoe, the right pair, I'ma prob do some burnt stars or carve some words or somethin 
grin.gif

right never wear them, (btw I saw a dude with user name "neversellthem") , do you think that even if a lot more people customize their pair/ rock em, the demand will rise or will it remain at what it is? Common sense would say it would rise (only as long as people are feeling the shoe), BUT if people lose interest as they did on Libertys, Larry Perkins, Huxtables, for example, then the price will go down because demand would be lower. However as long as people keep wearing them, there will be less and less DS pairs, so its all a matter of demand relative to how many pairs AS WELL as "the shoe being hot" as you said.......I honestly cannot predict a price at this point, its too early. Why do you think price will dip/ remain at what is, and WILL NOT go past my initial prediction of max 330 resale value? Also consider the fact that people will wear/ customize in your answer as well. Sorry to sound like a teacher, ahahahha, I just want it to be clear how all these factors come into play....hahahaha

assuming your user name isnt how you are (hahahahahahha)
have you had a chance to where your pair yet man? If so, do you like the fit on em? I think, on the newer dunks, that they are a little narrow and fit a bit snug in the toe area especially. thanks man, BTW i am really looking forward to the other shoe, that star idea sounds extremely interesting.

-EC91

right never wear them, (btw I saw a dude with user name "neversellthem") , do you think that even if a lot more people customize their pair/ rock em, the demand will rise or will it remain at what it is? Common sense would say it would rise (only as long as people are feeling the shoe), BUT if people lose interest as they did on Libertys, Larry Perkins, Huxtables, for example, then the price will go down because demand would be lower. However as long as people keep wearing them, there will be less and less DS pairs, so its all a matter of demand relative to how many pairs AS WELL as "the shoe being hot" as you said.......I honestly cannot predict a price at this point, its too early. Why do you think price will dip/ remain at what is, and WILL NOT go past my initial prediction of max 330 resale value? Also consider the fact that people will wear/ customize in your answer as well. Sorry to sound like a teacher, ahahahha, I just want it to be clear how all these factors come into play....hahahaha

assuming your user name isnt how you are (hahahahahahha)
have you had a chance to where your pair yet man? If so, do you like the fit on em? I think, on the newer dunks, that they are a little narrow and fit a bit snug in the toe area especially. thanks man, BTW i am really looking forward to the other shoe, that star idea sounds extremely interesting.

-EC91

Back
Top Bottom