☆☆☆☆ Official G.o.D Jewels Thread *XXL Freshman Campaign. #ReasonableMatic 9-21-2011* ☆☆

I threw this joint on my phone, went STRAIGHT to the crib...

Smoked a bowl and threw this joint on...

The presentation was appreciated from both a fans standpoint and an artist, it just shows the passion the N puts into his craft, there's not enuff of that in hip hop now, a we all know first imressions are EVERlasting, so for someone's first time hearin dude and seein all the extra effort he puts into it, they couldn't help but be inpressed... Provivded they didn't look TOO hard @ those SKIN-TIGHT jeans on the cover art
laugh.gif
... Looked like one of the New Boyz went solo
roll.gif
, naw but forreal the first thing I thought of when I saw them nuthuggers was
Spoiler [+]
Wale+-+Back+to+the+Feature+Cover.jpg

On to the music...

Open The Door
Great way to start out, straight BARS... Got some $@+% off his chest that eas necassary for Ns to start takin notice... The line about walkin through "the hallways of life with my *!**## keys ginglin" was
eek.gif

4/5

All Things Go
Just has a 1995 feel to it, this is the type of joint that would've came on Rap City (when Joe Clair & Big Lez used to host) I'm sure I've said it before, but the visual was beautiful, the production is AMAZING, the imagary of the lyrics just shows the N potential is limitless. Not sure how its gonna work as a 1st single, but its a GREAT song regardless

4.5/5

Old Folks
I like this joint, its like futuristic sounding but still nastolgic @ the SAME time (if you get what I'm sayin)... The 1st verse is just a mirror image of exactly what happened with the industry, ESPECIALLY on the east coast, the south has floruished because of the older generation embracing the newer generation (regardless of how wack some of them Ns are). The 2nd verse is just somethin that needs to be said. Just from an inner city perspective, then you throw in the gang culture... Basically this was somethin tha NEEDED to be said. I could go on for a couple paagraphs (how I USED to
laugh.gif
 )

4/5

Keeps You Runnin
This joint is just DANGEROUS...
I stood up after like the first 6-8 bars... I usually give an album a full burn regardless of how dope a song is, I have to admit, I to rewind the 2nd verse of "Old Folks"... But this $@+%... This $@+% is just HARD... Like some stab your babysitter type $@+%... I'd honestly give this an 11 on a scale of 1-5

5/5

The Frozen Moment Interlude
This is the beat from the preview, no?? This joint is coo, not sure if it was neccassary tho... Not that its a bad song, but its just not what I was expectin to hear after the opening 4 jonts...

3.5/5

The Cusp
I'm goin keep it FUNKY... This was the first joint I had the desire to SKIP... But I listened, lyrically its as good as ANYthing on HERE or out THERE, but the track just isn't workin for me... The hook just doesn't do it for me...

3/5

Jesus Piece
Anita Baker sample... You almost had to kill this joint, I would've got a rental and drove to Cleveland first, then Chicago to curse BOTH you Ns out if you @%%$+! this up. This joint is just DOPE. The flow he rode on this was what I was lookin for. Just smooth, has that Diplomatic Immunity feel to it, but more 2011 with it. (I could see this workin as a single)

4.5/5

Aqua Flow (Caurant D'eau Turquoise)
The rappin was coo... Always like that Lebron line since the tipsey "Freestyle" vid surfaced... The beat isn't really doin it for me.

3/5

Make It Look Good (Feat The Boy Illinois)
I was excited for this joint cause it fatures my FAV artist on NT... The song is pretty coo... The production is DOPE... The hook is a lil suspect.
Spoiler [+]
DESHAWNABE.jpg

sick.gif
I wanted this to EXCEED the collaberations of the past, not sure if it did but it deffinetly is on THAT level.

4/5

R.A.C.E.
Always a fan of anthing that delves into race further than the surface convos... I didn't quite get another "Heathens" but this joint is jus AS if not MORE thought provoking... Could do without the singin
laugh.gif
, tho

4.5/5

Under The Act
This is just a work of art, from the prodution, to the AMAZING imagry of the lyrics... I don't even have to say ANYthing else

5/5

Loubiton Blues
This track is just AMAZING, the way he took somethin that women value so much, and to draw a parallel between that superficial and the physical pain i which she endured to earn her way into those heels... This is just another joint that seperates him from 99% of everyone else on the mic. This is almost "Heathens" except focusing more on the insecurities within the women who bear the seeds... Yea its pretty deep, but still humerous at the same time.

4.5/5

Perfect Man
Kind of risky to sample a classic like "Umi Says" and turn it into an actual "rap" song, but it works... Has the futuristic sound of "Old Folk", lyrically its dope as hell, just has a real 2011 feel to it. The sample flip meets my approval. He shows a vlnerable side (surprisingly since he comes off as an arrogant @sshole through the majority of the tape
laugh.gif

smh.gif
)

4/5

Close The Door
This joint is a PEREFECT way to end the joint... The Kennedy line (as previously pointed out by Dre), had INSTANT rewind value... I'm gonna gaurantee 9% of NTers smiled, and rewind that $@+%... The R&B hook somewhat works here (unlike "The Cusp"), the whole joint is just unadulterated HONESTY, somethin we rarely get from artists... The Derrick Rose line was DOPE.

4.5/5

OVERALL

Between this and Glory Or Death he showed A LOT of growth as a lyricist, MC and most importantly a rapper... It has a winter feel to it, as the visual for "All Things Go" depicts. The potential for Jewels as an artist is there, as far as natuaral talent and ability he's one of the BETTER dude out there, not sure if the big wigs will take notice, hopefully they do sooner than late.

The presentation is just TOP of the line... The attention to detail is admirable, the fact that the FIRST thing you hear on this is a door opening and the LAST thing is a door closing, somethin that small goes a long way... But the work put into this inspires me as an artist and as a person, like watchin ANYone thats great at what they do, you can't help but cheer for them, and try to find those imular traits in ones self to attain your OWN dreams and goals... Hopefully this project puts you one step CLOSER...

Stand Out Tracks:

Keeps You Runnin
Jesus Peice
Loubiton Blues
Under The Act
Close The Door

4.25/5

The Cusp
I'm goin keep it FUNKY... This was the first joint I hadthe desire to SKIP... But I listened, lyrically its as good as ANYthingon HERE or out THERE, but the track just isn't workin for me... Thehook just doesn't do it for me...

3/5

Agree. This is the one track where I though "Ahhhh, he missed on that one" b/c of the hook. If the hook was done by someone else then it woulda been good, but I wasn't really feeling shorty to be honest.

Nay did a great job summarizing, only thing I would have to give Frozen Moments a 4/5 just because he stuck w/ the theme (the whole jordan commercial #*+*) but wasn't really over the top w/ it trying to force it. It seemed natural, made sense, and it flowed. And the fact that it was short was even better. If it was a whole 3 minute song, I don't think I would have liked it as much. The only thing is that a lot of people who don't have sneaker knowledge won't really catch a lot of it. I think this was a NT dedicated song. Same kinda goes for "Keeps you runnig" but it isn't as heavy w/ sneaker #*+* as Frozen Moments.

The thing I probably liked most about this tape is that I can tell he was in a different lane, trying some new things out, trying to develop musically and touch a broader spectrum of listeners, but he still was able to provide tracks where he does what he does best (IMO), and just +%%$!*+ rap. I love the songs w/ messages and #*+* like that, but sometimes I just wanna hear QUALITY bars. And he did it. It's all about balance man, that's how you bring in new listeners and keep the ones you had before. And just like I did w/ Glory After Death, I threw 'I Hate Summers' on the tape as the last track just because I'm still mad he ain't put it on an official release
laugh.gif

The verses and beat on the cusp are
pimp.gif
but like some said it seems like the chorus doesnt fit..

Aqua Flow's beat dont fit with the lyrics IMO, but when it kinda switches up for the last bars he went IN

Like Dre said this _ is at his best when he just spittin bars.. But he impressed me with Loubi Blues, that !%+* is crazy.

I appreciate the honest reviews from Nay and others. That's what's up. The music I put out seems to polarize people. A song somebody doesn't feel that much, Someone else will love. It's cool to sit back and see folks opinions.

Like I stated on Twitter, If you mess with me and the material, I look forward to having your support in the future. If the music isn't for you, We're not forcing you to be here. "It's optional". I appreciate you checking it out nonetheless tho.

I wasn't talking about anybody in particular with those verses (Keep You Running), I just saw what was going to happen/how people were going to act, And a few people proved me right. Some of you internet guys are pretty predictable. I've been here since 2001, I know what it is. So I guess the prophecy came true in that sense.

I'm glad everybody enjoyed the artwork/covers. As far as the jeans, I don't wear em like that. The artist went ahead and did that. I told him not make em OD baggy...And he goes and hits me with the skinnies. By then it was too late in the game to be trying to change stuff around. It's only just a cartoon of me, So I didn't trip...
laugh.gif
He's an amazing artist tho.

Everything else came together perfectly and I can only thank Dub for that. Single artwork, Lyrics .pdf, That's all a combination of my ideas and his ability. Presentation was important to us because there is so much disposable music out here that I almost have to reinvent how I release mixtapes...Just to set myself apart. I'm glad people appreciate the attention to detail and I'm already brainstorming new ideas for the future.

At the end of the day, I just try to make the best hip-hop music possible and be a genuine individual. Anybody can holla/reach out to me and I'll get back the majority of the time. I'm open to dialog on here or Twitter.

I gotta commend you on the beat selection. Seems like you took that Rick Ross approach into picking picks to convey a particular sound throughout. Everything seems very streamlined and connected whereas the first joint didn't really have a real theme to it as far as sound.

Right now I think I like Glory more, but imma give it a few more spins and kinda give it a more in depth listen. R.A.C.E had me like 
eek.gif
, definitely my favorite track although I do feel it was kinda ruined in the end imo. I really wanted another verse and feel the singing was kinda wasteful, but I'm sure some like the singing and I'm sure you had your reasons for doing that, just really wanted another verse though

Anybody else have problems with the .rar file? I tried 2 different links and both were unzipped, so it was just one big inoperable file.

Finally was able to give the tape a full spin last night.

The presentation first and foremost is
pimp.gif

The tapes just
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Personally, I feel Greatness Opens Doors is showing the musical growth and you know

I'll always support the music, G. Next tape, hopefully I can contribute some production as well.

Appreciate the shout out in the Thank You, too.

After 1 listen, the tape shows so much growth.
My geez beat selection was on point to make the
whole tape flow effortlessly and fit his style. My
dude found his lane, and everything sounds so right.

Couple joints had me as soon as the beat dropped.

Have to give a couple more full listens, but even tho
it was only a prelude My Sax is still my !+*%
pimp.gif

School work has me swamped at the moment but I'm downloading now.
Won't be able to listen until tomorrow. Gotta write this paper then Lost .. yeah boy. The end is near, though.
pimp.gif
frown.gif

Definitely going to listen tomorrow.

And the artwork, of course, is super ill.

eek.gif
@ this ' showin humility
laugh.gif
.  Not gon front fam, i was expectin more of that 'Go sound, gon take a bit to get used to the beat selection.  lyrics still there tho.

Spoiler [+]
GAWDDAMMIT SHE STROLLIN
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

gon throw the tape to 'Tone, G

this tape is straight piff.
the beats were on point
effotless flow and lyric match the beat
great production on the tape also

laurence-fishburne-boyz_l.jpg

How you gon' deny looking like Fishburne tho?

I cant Listen to the Cusp because of the hook.
its just Hard to sit through that hook.
Blue Louboutin is another one of my less likely to listen to songs.
The rest is pretty much
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

(This is Mez)

Damn b, Im kinda glad I didn't hear the finished track for that RA.C.E. beat I sent you, shhh caught me off guard in a dope way.
pimp.gif

It was the first track I had to play for obvious reasons
laugh.gif
, intro is NUTSSSSS though.

Gonna play the rest of the album now.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom