☆☆☆ - Ken Griffey Jr. 600+ Career Homerun Thread - ☆☆☆

b0914b8cbd5c396acc9c5f82e946ae159dc20a.jpg

8f524028e1b5d50a3a38fe0381de9e94b25e2e.jpg

c4f346cf8a9ebc9755f232ee3b895473f209d6.jpg

Cincinnati Reds' Ken Griffey Jr. (3) hits a two-run home run off Atlanta Braves pitcher Jair Jurrjens in the first inning of a baseball game Saturday, May31, 2008, in Cincinnati. The home run was the 599th of Griffey's career.

congrats to griffey on 599. mad respect for the guy. i think most people in baseball have nothing but respect for him except for a few still angry marinerfans.

Hopefully he gets 600 tomorrow. I'll be at the game, and if he gets it on the road hopefully it isnt in one of the next two cities Philly, and Miami.Philly fans would probably boo and if he hits it in Fla. less than 10,000 will witness it, so i hope Hudson leaves him one up to hit tomrrow.

Congrats to JUNIOR once he gets thats 600.

He'll get it tomorrow for sho.

pimp.gif
Always been my favorite player. Would have been the GOAT if injuriesdidn't plague his career.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

congrats to griffey on 599. mad respect for the guy. i think most people in baseball have nothing but respect for him except for a few still angry mariner fans.
Speak for yourself, bro. There is not a single Mariners fan that does not have ill feelings towards Griffey. Without him there are no SEATTLEMariners. Griffey generated some ill feelings when he demanded the trade, but it's all in the past. Seattle loves Griffey like no other.

^ absolutely... I don't think there's a single M's fan that hates Jr... and even back then when he asked to be traded, he said he wanted to go homeand thats where he went (he grew up in Cincy and got to play on Sr.'s former team)... and I think the M's fans, despite being saddened by his request,respected that he stuck to his reasons behind the trade... unlike the other ex-Mariner that wanted to move to a 'contending' team and added that it hadnothing to do with the money...

bottomline is that M's fans will never forget what Jr. did for the team during his 10 years there...

I have to see the Reds when they come to Yankee Stadium this month.

The Reds are a team to keep an eye on. Even before the season started, I had them winning the N.L. Wild Card. I don't think it's going to happen atthis point, but their future is definitely bright. Cueto, Volquez, Bailey, Votto, and now Bruce. Brandon Phillips too. I'd love to say Griffey, buthe's as good as gone probably once he hits #600. Speaking of that, I have to get a Griffey Reds jersey for the summer. I already have my Griffey Marinersready to go.

I hope he does it wed, I'll be at the phils/reds game

Griffey
pimp.gif

I dont think they'd boo in philly, we might do some fvcked up +@$@, but booin griff would be the worst
mad.gif

he didn't start tonights game, but he just pinch-hit. they walked him on 4 straight, then he was taken out for a pinch runner and Phills fans wereactually standing and clapping for him as he walked back to the dugout.

I was really suprised how the fans treated Junior tonight in Philly, it looks like if he hits it in one of the next two games he'll be shown the respectthat he deserves.

Griffey got the juice...he just pinch hit, walked, and got more cheers from Philly fans. they booed the pitcher when the count got to 3-0.

if only he didnt get hurt we would be talking about 700.

he honestly could have been the GREATEST player of all time but for the injuries. i used to worship him.

Yeah I just got back from tonite's game, it was 3-0, everyone was so pissed...then he fouled the next pitch off...then walked, then taken out for a pinchrunner.....
ohwell.gif

Griffey
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SIR KYLE

roll.gif

nothing is working for the REDS 2day.......

Shane took number 600 away from JR

it didn't look like that was going to leave. but your first statement was correct.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom