♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you trying to accomplish with this 'Sneaker Showcase'? Is it profit driven or are you trying to get more kids to play the 'sneaker game'?
its profit driven but mostly to educate the younger generation in a mesh with the elder wiser generation of the TRUE sneaker community.  To bring out sneakerheads in smaller locations that dont get the opportunity or exporsure as the major city showcases such as Dunk Xchange and Sneakercon uses in EVERY city. To ultimately reduce the hypebeast community to strengthen the sneakerhead nation.

But you'll wear a Supreme shirt and chucks
I don't see the correlation between chucks and supreme???
Chucks are a staple in any mans/woman's closet
Those shoes can be dressed up in anyway
What people are saying is that wearing rival companies all Willy Neely has at (least back in high school) is/was frowned upon
You got to coordinate

This is going to sound like I'm defending Busta because he's from my era or something, but I'm not. In fact, I never really liked Busta at all, even in the LONS days. But, here's what I see as the difference. Busta didn't take himself seriously. He was like a cartoon character - just think about his videos. He wore all kinds of crazy stuff, not as a fashion statement, but as an extension of his persona as an artist. That "dress" is like some crazy karate flick get up or something. And, I'm not saying he doesn't look ridiculous - he does. But, I doubt Busta was thinking he was "doing it" and being all kinds of fashion forward, trendsetter with it. He was just wylin out. You can say much of the same for Andre from Outkast, who didn't get a pass for his Atliens outfits, BTW. But, he was trying to disassociate himself with the mainstream scene by dressing like a weirdo and implying that he was something different than the lowest common denominator. Kanye's motivations are the opposite - he wants to be known as a big time celebrity and a fashion icon. He wants to make what he wears something that everybody follows. In the mid 90s, Andre was looking at what everybody was following and consciously trying NOT to do that.
Other "sneakerheads" though, right? Not you? And, you put "sneakerheads" in quotes to imply that you are not one... even though your name on here is "nikehead"

And, also, other people sit around all day on the internet, but, again, not you, right? ...Even though you find time to watch the new age minstrel show that is WSHH and check out a vid on a fat, ex-correctional officer who can''t rap's son's watch.

Got it.
Oh for sure. Those ain't no legit Uni Crests.
You summed up how I feel about Busta and Kanye comparisons 
pimp.gif
 and even though your trin' to e-bash me I'll rep you cause you were spot on. 

As for me yeah I'm a Nike head, I wear Nikes every day I give them away if they get to beat, I sold nearly all my jordans because the quality was garbage and I don't want to be a collector. I have well over 100 pairs of shoes, pretty much all Nike, hence Nike Head, also my old account was banned for calling Proto Gay so I made a new one 
wink.gif

I don't have time to sit all day on the net watching Rick Ross videos no (it only went for a few mins bruh), but I do have time in my lunch break to cruise WSHH, Niketalk etc, but I don't have time for negativity just for the sake of being negative. 

Niketalk posts some great info and I come to this thread for the pics cause every once in a while you see some old school gems, and even to get a feel how culture is going at the moment, but the more I come here the more I see people trying to find any excuse to put someone down, and I thought that it was really lame knocking Rick Ross and his kid, was just a coincidence I saw the vid of him at the basketball (cause I'm a basketball fan it has up close footage, and I will never sit courtside at a game because I'm not a celebrity) and knew the kid had a on a rolex. 

But I've learned my lesson, don't stick up for someone you don't know or care about lol 

What people are saying is that wearing rival companies all Willy Neely has at (least back in high school) is/was frowned upon
You got to coordinate
Brand mixing does not matter bruh.

I can't wear this ?

image1xl.jpg

with this?

011651_1_p.jpg

How is that a issue?

You got to coordinate

I can't wear this ?

image1xl.jpg

with this?

011651_1_p.jpg

How is that a issue?
why is this even a big issue who cares what another man is wearing and if he mixes his brands when wears his his clothes?
*realizes he's in a thread dedicated to what other people are wearing*
my bad carry on

i mess w/ redman, second fav after gfk. but son might need to let them braids go, got that imax forehead.

and bussa bus aint never been the best dressed, but truk fit? :smh:
red man needs to let those jean shorts go as well, matter of fact he needs to start all over.

You got to coordinate

I can't wear this ?

image1xl.jpg

with this?

011651_1_p.jpg

How is that a issue?
Still couldn't do it

Just don't feel right in my soul

i would feel sick if i wore adidas with anything nike or jb..or just feel sick wearing any adidas for that matter
sick.gif
i think a person that wears a jordan t shirt with addidas sneakers is akward, especailly if that particualr shirt goes with one of the retro jordans.

or if someone is wearing a jordan sweat suite. they decide to wear pumas or prada sneakers is weird.

I can't wear this ?

image1xl.jpg

with this?

011651_1_p.jpg

How is that a issue?
You can do what you want, it's your paper, your life
I was talking more to the fact of wearing supreme with(insert sneaker) because that's a clothing brand that is independent in nature that has nothing to do with wearing chucks,nikes,etc...
But if you can pull it off, be my guest
Personally I wouldn't, hell I normally wear non logo tees now, with a pair of jeans and my kicks, or in a button up
But back to thread, seems kinda derailed

its profit driven but mostly to educate the younger generation in a mesh with the elder wiser generation of the TRUE sneaker community.  To bring out sneakerheads in smaller locations that dont get the opportunity or exporsure as the major city showcases such as Dunk Xchange and Sneakercon uses in EVERY city. To ultimately reduce the hypebeast community to strengthen the sneakerhead nation.

You use words like 'profit', 'educate the younger generation', 'sneakerheads', 'hypebeast community' and 'sneakerhead nation'. It seems like you don't really know what it is your trying to accomplish.

You use words like 'profit', 'educate the younger generation', 'sneakerheads', 'hypebeast community' and 'sneakerhead nation'. It seems like you don't really know what it is your trying to accomplish.
OR more like he is attempting to explain something even he doesn't understand lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom