♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
white shell toes for $80 will do the same job tho...
ohwell.gif

^^as the arenas?

Just like these will do the same job as some white cement IVs...

C'mon son. We're on a sneaker board.... We know the damn difference.

Arenas are dope to me. I doubt I'd ever drop the $$ on em tho.
so you're comparing some authentic premium leather addidas shelltoes to some bootleg fubu sneakers? okay...you got it I guess.
ohwell.gif

So you mean to say if two dudes are standing next to each other, one has on arenas, other has shell toes you wouldn't know the difference?

If I wanted some arenas, I wouldn't get some shell toes to make me feel better about not wanting to drop the $$ for the arenas.

not personally into arenas at all.

and i always preferred the campus model to shell toe's...

in fact, i still got my pair of blue suede campus's from the early 90's with fat laces in 'em, signed by the rocksteady crew, when i was on some b-boy $%#t growing up.

need to break 'em out soon.

Last edited:
So you mean to say if two dudes are standing next to each other, one has on arenas, other has shell toes you wouldn't know the difference?

If I wanted some arenas, I wouldn't get some shell toes to make me feel better about not wanting to drop the $$ for the arenas.
or even worse, some T Raws hahaha

i guess nt doesn't respect originals anymore.

I always hated how these high fashion labels appropriated hip hop trends and marked up the price on em, and how people jumped on things because of the highsociety appeal.

Yes you can tell the difference between a pair of arenas and a pair of superstars...

but the silouhette and the function of both shoes is the same, and the both can be worn in a similiar fashion, and the addidas are the ogs...shoot I'll take a pair of premium leather nike blazers, stan smiths, or addidas decades over arenas. I cannot justify shelling out 500 for some sneakers...'

but this is my opinion, and in no way gospel.
ohwell.gif

Man, you know the people here respect originals. You could say a pair of shoes from Payless have a similar silhouette and same function as Superstars, but I know you aren't going out there and copping anything from Payless. It's the same argument...

Man, you know the people here respect originals. You could say a pair of shoes from Payless have a similar silhouette and same function as Superstars, but I know you aren't going out there and copping anything from Payless. It's the same argument...
$500-$70 for an authentic design that is probably the same build quality save for the quality of leather...but will hold up

$70-$35 for a variant design, that wont hold up after a couple of wears

definitely the same argument
grin.gif

I hear what you are saying and no, it isn't literally the same argument. People are always going to chase labels though. Just let them do what they do, and you and I can keep buying what we like.

Watching Red 2 at work and these Fire IV's caught my eye.  MOFO John Malkovic rockin them with the white sweats and red jacket.  Looks like Bruce has on the all black timbs.  Once I finish movie will see if I can find a better pic.

bilbo, good points.

The thing is though I find it more realistic for me, personally, to spend 500-600 on a pair of designer brand shoes compared to dropping the same amount on a pair of nikes. 

To each his own, I guess.

I respect the original if they made them like they used to

You young kids don't realize how cheap they make your quality retros now

$500-$70 for an authentic design that is probably the same build quality save for the quality of leather...but will hold up

$70-$35 for a variant design, that wont hold up after a couple of wears

definitely the same argument>D

You can't just say "save for the quality of the leather". That's an important feature and what the shoes are made of. That's like saying a Honda Civic, save for the engine and interior, is as good as a Benz S-Class. Or saying that a $100 leather jacket from Wal-Mart/Target save for the leather is as good quality as a high end leather costing $500+.

Last edited:
^ that's cool, i'm not here to win a popularity contest.

just speaking on adidas, since that was a topic. adidas was a staple in the b-boy scene back in the day, and still is. that was my earliest experience with the 3 stripes, and i'm proud to have a vintage pair signed by the be all end all crew of original b-boyism, so i mentioned it... also wanted to mention the campus model, as it's almost exactly like the shell toes, but without the shell toe.

adidas was also huge in the rave scene of the 90's, much bigger than nike or any other brand.

that plaid on plaid is turrible, even with those both being plain colors with simple patterns.

ye wearing 2 plaid shirts in his new video is turrible too. worse than the pic above, cuz they're not even simple colors and patterns.

always thought mixing patterns is tacky tho. i won't even do a plaid shirt with camo. much less a patterned scarf on a plaid shirt. so 2 diff plaid shirts is the worst, imo.

i will tie a shirt or jacket around my waist, it looks dope to me, but only if it has a purpose, the function of holding it on my person when it gets hot and i wanna take it off. if i'm not planning to wear it at all i won't just have it around my waist as part of the outfit the entire time.

so two button ups, one around the waist, and one on, makes no sense... maybe if the one around the waist is a jacket, but not two button ups (and certainly not 2 patterned ones).

i know in fashion there are no rules, but patterns on patterns, specifically plaid on plaid, doesn't look good to me.

another ye trend you won't catch me dead in.

disick's fit is dope tho. :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom