♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ye @ the Lo mansion back in 04

For those asking about the Shoes Lebron is wearing, They are the Nike Air Trainer 1.3 Max Breathe. NDC had a full size run yesterday. Ordered a 12. $170.00

Last edited:
They have them up for 170.00 too. Nike gives you free shipping and depending where you get them shipped to, they will be 170.00. I have them coming to New Jersey so they are 170.00

Drake at the OVO fest yesterday

Rocking the 6's from the GMP that releases next weekend.. they look so much better with white laces like I predicted

...And, Grand Puba's very special.

And, a human Celeb's wearing heat post, Solace from Timeless Truth paying homage

there was a shirt i think game wore couple months ago. it was 2 right triangle facing each other sort of created V in between and someone thought it was louis vuitton shirt. what shirt was that?

what y'all boys know about that 2000? jk

idc what anyone says Tommy has some nice pieces.

but we're not suppose to wear it because he's racist :rolleyes

And I won't support that company jus for that reason.

No one is supposed to do anything but I don't see how thats a problem.

but that was just a rumor though...I thought he didnt really make those racist comments, and at that point in his life had never even been on Oprah

People are still believing this rumor in 2012 :smh: ? It's been over a decade and people believe it blindly without even checking if it's true. For some reason people like making up lies about someone appearing on Oprah. Same thing happened when Ciara supposedly appeared on her show and revealed she was a hermaphrodite even though she's never been a guest on the show.
http://www.snopes.com/racial/business/hilfiger.asp

Yeah, that was just a rumor. If dude was racist, explain this pic?

Tommy practically sponsored Grand Puba just to get his name out more and loved the sales he got from hip-hop. Why do you think they kept making the logos so big? That was part of the style back then.

To be fair, Pana, that doesn't mean anything.

Having your picture taken with a rapper? Using urban culture to help sell your high-priced clothing line? None of this is evidence of the absence of racism. Those are just, "I have a black friend" moments. Plenty of racist people and corporations snuggle up to wealthy, token minorities and/or exploit them for their own advance under the guise of friendship. Coca Cola claims to the all about diversity and goes out of their way to flash an all-accepting corporate image, but then they purchase "public" water sources in South America and hire private militias to protect them, bottle the water up, and sell it back to the impoverished people to whom the resources belong in the first place, right? I'm sure the CEO of Coke has a bunch of pictures with people from those same countries.

All that said, the Tommy Hilfiger comments were a fabrication. They tried the same thing with Ralph Lauren by taking comments out of context. The person will be asked something like (all made up here, just paraphrasing) -

How do you feel about urban minorities wearing your clothes?

Then, the designer will reply something like -

I didn't design them with the intent to be worn that way, but people are incredibly inventive when it comes to fashion and it's great to see so many people embrace my visions with their own distinct flavors.

Then, somebody will detach the first clause from the rest of the sentence and claim the designer is racist.

Just keeping it 100, Pana. I don't think you meant it that way, just clearing the air.

BTW, I had that sweater and the flag rugby back in high school, plus the same sweater with the white lettering instead. Those were the days. Wearing a sweater, over a ruby, over a long sleeve. Guess carpenters, a Steep, and a pair of Timbs - or I preferred North Lakes or Vasque (sp?). Eastlands were for the Catholic school shorties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom