♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.

The team takes out an insurance policy on their player's contracts. If the player injures themselves outside of team events, then the insurance company pays out the remainder of their contracts.
You can't fault these guys for wanting to play ball sometimes though, may as well do it when you're young rather than wait till your in your late 30s and out of the league.
Does Nate have a NBA contract?

I disagree, better to "streetball" when your out of the league than when your in your prime, N.Robinson got nothin to loose so ball away in yeezys on a self promo video but franchise players taking their game to the streets is a bad idea. If KD broke a leg playing streetball I think OKC would be more worried about not making the playoffs than KDs contract money. The player himself would be out of pocket from and potential endorsements if hes laid out injured even if he got his own insurance a lot of guys over insure themselves for this reason, Id rather have a long and fulfilled NBA career than to be laid out on insurance money.

Some teams ban players going skiing and doing dangerous sports during the season in the effort to reduce player injury.

Somebody send Joe Johnson an invite to the Rucker |I

Now, THAT'S funny!! :rofl:

I disagree, better to "streetball" when your out of the league than when your in your prime, N.Robinson got nothin to loose so ball away in yeezys on a self promo video but franchise players taking their game to the streets is a bad idea. If KD broke a leg playing streetball I think OKC would be more worried about not making the playoffs than KDs contract money. The player himself would be out of pocket from and potential endorsements if hes laid out injured even if he got his own insurance a lot of guys over insure themselves for this reason, Id rather have a long and fulfilled NBA career than to be laid out on insurance money.
Some teams ban players going skiing and doing dangerous sports during the season in the effort to reduce player injury.

I know full well this isn't a place to have a serious conversation, but I have mixed feelings about this.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but at the same time I can't help but feel like teams cross the line when they restrict a player's autonomy too much. So, while it may be KD's [bad] decision to streetball, or a player's [potentially bad] decision to snowboard in the offseason, I still feel as if it should be that player's [bad] decision to make. Teams like to front like they are concerned about players' health, but they're just exercising self-interest. ...That's why Barkley says the players should have their own, independent medical advisers on retainer. Sometimes your personal interests don't jibe with your employer's interests as a corporation - sometimes those conflicts are about money and your future, sometimes they are just about the way you like to spend your off time. I'm pro player autonomy, even if I disagree with the potentially career-risking choics they make at times.

Last edited:
Nate Robinson
[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

State Of Nate - Slow Motion Trailer for State of Nate season 2. Directed by T.J. Regan

I NEEEVER do this....but info on Nate's Volt nike tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom