♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
wheaties-air-jordan-flight-club-calendar-01-570x453.jpg

O yeah in May its on like Megatron :nerd:

]Got to chat with Melo at the launch event for the M9 - Check out what he says is his favorite colorway, what to expect on the all star sneaker and the possibility of an MVP & NBA Championship edition

MVP is plausible, but Championship editions? :rolleyes

Thing about those throwback pictures thats so great! is that in those days your random current Nike had the potential of becoming a classic. when these current pictures become"throwbacks" all we'll see are Jordan brand retros, not saying its bad but....

so on point.

during his reign nobody could dress better than grand puba, son was like the prototype kanye in that regard. so im suprised to see him rocking a polo hat w/ that hilfiger rugby. and if memory serves me correct aint that fat joe cut out on the right in that first pic? the cross looks familiar.

Last edited:
Don't forget about this one -

I don't know. The stigma against mixing brands when flamming vintage wears is something of a new rule. With the exception of the real Lo-Lifes - not to be confused with the idiots throwing Ls in pics rocking TJ Maxx joints who would have crapped themselves spending 30 seconds in MGV in the "golden era" - mixing brands was pretty common.

Most of the cats going off Lo-wise now didn't have complete sets of full season lines when they were coming out. Most people holding that stuff had some at the time and then acquired more as they got older and had more disposable income. So, while everybody was rocking 'Lo and Tommy back in the day, very few people were slamming entire Snow Beach or Lotus sets.

BTW, did anybody ever shout out anybody else on more records than Puba did Stud Doogie and Alamo

PS - peep the Hilifger attempted bite of the famous Polo K-Swiss sweater in the Puba/Tommy pic.

Hey - if Icewebz or JayRocks, or anybody else reading this has the pic of Solace and Hess meeting Grand Puba where they're rocking the Alpine joint - you should post that. Dope pic.

Last edited:
Don't forget about this one -

I don't know. The stigma against mixing brands when flamming vintage wears is something of a new rule. With the exception of the real Lo-Lifes - not to be confused with the idiots throwing Ls in pics rocking TJ Maxx joints who would have crapped themselves spending 30 seconds in MGV in the "golden era" - mixing brands was pretty common.

Most of the cats going off Lo-wise now didn't have complete sets of full season lines when they were coming out. Most people holding that stuff had some at the time and then acquired more as they got older and had more disposable income. So, while everybody was rocking 'Lo and Tommy back in the day, very few people were slamming entire Snow Beach or Lotus sets.

BTW, did anybody ever shout out anybody else on more records than Puba did Stud Doogie and Alamo

PS - peep the Hilifger attempted bite of the famous Polo K-Swiss sweater in the Puba/Tommy pic.

Hey - if Icewebz or JayRocks, or anybody else reading this has the pic of Solace and Hess meeting Grand Puba where they're rocking the Alpine joint - you should post that. Dope pic.

stud doogie are you with me?

i kinda feel you on the not mixing brands thing being a newer phenomenon. like i know folks didn't go around dipped head to toe in whatever it may have been (lo, carhartt or hell duck head) back in the day. but w/ me its mostly the mixing of large graphic branding items that doesn't look good. or mixing brands from the same category (casual clothing brands, active/sport brands). like that pic you posted is all good imo cuz fila is a sporting brand and the lo is a clothing brand. but that fila visor w/ an adi rugby wouldn't have worked for me. it really doesn't make sense when i think about it but that's just how i roll. like a mets jersey w/ a 80's color cavs hat would match, but im almost positive you wouldn't do that. kinda the same w/ brands for me

on another note the 90s were a weird time for fashion. in that pic you got grand puba w/ the lo and girbaud jeans and at the same damn time you got mary looking like the hood blossom (whoa) in that cross colours denim bucket hat.

Last edited:

i kinda feel you on the not mixing brands thing being a newer phenomenon. like i know folks didn't go around dipped head to toe in whatever it may have been (lo, carhartt or hell duck head) back in the day. but w/ me its mostly the mixing of large graphic branding items that doesn't look good. or mixing brands from the same category (casual clothing brands, active/sport brands). like that pic you posted is all good imo cuz fila is a sporting brand and the lo is a clothing brand. but that fila visor w/ an adi rugby wouldn't have worked for me. it really doesn't make sense when i think about it but that's just how i roll. like a mets jersey w/ a 80's color cavs hat would match, but im almost positive you wouldn't do that. kinda the same w/ brands for me

on another note the 90s were a weird time for fashion. in that pic you got grand puba w/ the lo and girbaud jeans and at the same damn time you got mary looking like the hood blossom (whoa) in that cross colours denim bucket hat.

Not hating, but who's really trying to spend all that time matching brands with gym/sports clothes though? I don't really care if I'm wearing Adidas shorts with a Nike t shirt when I'm going to the gym or running errands. Plus many athletes mix brands since their team/league sponsors are different than their sneaker deals

Last edited:
Not hating, but who's really trying to spend all that time matching brands with gym/sports clothes though? I don't really care if I'm wearing Adidas shorts with a Nike t shirt when I'm going to the gym or running errands. Plus many athletes mix brands since their team/league sponsors are different than their sneaker deals

no need for the no hating preface, but none taken. i already said it isn't logical, but when i referred to sports clothes i meant wearing them in a casually. of course if you are gonna work out who cares if they are matching brands.

allow me to try to present another example. sports fans might relate. categories of clothing could be seen as leagues/sport and the brands as teams. wouldn't it look strange if someone had on a rangers hockey jersey w/ a redwings hat on? but a yankees jersey w/ a cowboys hat wouldn't seem too outlandish.

im sure someone can poke holes in my theory but on that note ima let it go, too many words not enough pictures.

Last edited:
I totally understand the not mixing brands thing. It's just a preferance I guess. Like I wouldn't rock an Adidas track suit with jordans. Not because it would look bad, but it would just feel weird to me. Some people can do it and make it look good. Just not my style.

I hear you. Personally, I'd never wear a team jersey with another team hat -- even if I actively root for both teams.

I think when it comes to gear, it's also a matter of how distinguishable a piece is. Like, I wouldn't cringe at seeing a USA hat with a matching Tommy rugby or even a Yankees jersey or something. But, if you have something that's incredibly distinct - like, say a Cycle hat - it's pretty hard to pull that off with anything besides the gear in that line. It's sort of like the Potter Stewart definition of obscenity - I can't articulate it, but I know it when I see it.

And, yeah, it is weird that Puba is rocking classic 90s styles that people still chase today, while MJB is getting her Mayim Bialik on. Puba was ahead of the curve though - the Lo, Tommy, Nautica era didn't become super mainstream until a few years after Puba helped set the trend off.

BTW - those custon Polo Bear bedsheet shirts and hats are indefensible, IMO. Dude flicking that with Just Blaze is like trying to flaunt Canal Street jewelry at Hova's house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom