♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
should at least contribute to what this thread's really about after all that text... haha!

here's Tommy Guerrero, of the Bones Brigade, skating OG royal 1's back in the 80's...

it makes it seem like they really don't care about what they're wearing, nor perhaps even particularly really like it, they're just wearing what they think is gonna make them "cool"

The one thing I'll say in defense of these dudes is that a big part of their job is to be cool. So, they are going to have to adopt whatever is working best at the time, based upon their target demographic. That's true of Hov to an extent too, despite the fact that unlike Rob and Scott, he has the underlying talent and resume to be relevant regardless.

If you're famous for being famous, then trend adoption is part your job - it's no different than staying on top of the investment trends if you're in finance or something. Image is a business unto itself. People like Lord D get hit harder than others from the public because given their lack of other talent, it's that much more apparent that choosing what to wear is a business decision. But, that's the case for pretty much every celeb.

it just makes me wonder, if the internet was around back in the day, would the hate be the same or worse cuz people wore leather pants, adidas and dookie ropes cuz of run dmc? or how NWA had everybody wearing raiders/kings snapbacks and all black fits with starter jackets? or how biggie prolly made some people go out and buy coogi sweaters? or the rappers who popularized polo and hilfiger back in the 90's? etc, etc... were all those people (including the other rappers who were influenced) "stans", "mega fans", with "no identity", or just simply influenced by a style they thought looked dope and rocked with it? are some of these same people hating now some of the same ones who rocked a raiders hat back in the day ONLY cuz of NWA making it popular?

where is the line drawn (i think it's drawn at people who follow any and every trend, and those who just integrate what they truly like)?

it's just funny cuz cats act like this is all new all of the sudden, for popular artists to influence style... when it's not... it was actually prolly worse back in the day... kanye has just been the main pioneer in recent years so now him and anyone who is influenced by him is an automatic target for hate... yet the same people hating, 9 times outta 10, have been influenced too, in some way or another... i do think the hate is stronger right now cuz of the internet tho, and the fact that the changes are kinda extreme... i mean, 6 years ago everyone was wearing oversized, way too baggy clothes... now it's all tight and sorta "metrosexual"... that extreme of a change is gonna have a strong backlash by some (even tho most cats hating hard at first have jumped on board slowly, they're just as guilty as the ones they hated on so hard, they just have a harder time coming to terms with change, and recognizing early on when something looks dope)...

it just makes me wonder, if the internet was around back in the day, would the hate be the same or worse cuz people wore leather pants, adidas and dookie ropes cuz of run dmc? or how NWA had everybody wearing raiders/kings snapbacks and all black fits with starter jackets? or how biggie prolly made some people go out and buy coogi sweaters? or the rappers who popularized polo and hilfiger back in the 90's? etc, etc... were all those people (including the other rappers who were influenced) "stans", "mega fans", with "no identity", or just simply influenced by a style they thought looked dope and rocked with it? are some of these same people hating now some of the same ones who rocked a raiders hat back in the day ONLY cuz of NWA making it popular?

where is the line drawn (i think it's drawn at people who follow any and every trend, and those who just integrate what they truly like)?

it's just funny cuz cats act like this is all new all of the sudden, for popular artists to influence style... when it's not... it was actually prolly worse back in the day... kanye has just been the main pioneer in recent years so now him and anyone who is influenced by him is an automatic target for hate... yet the same people hating, 9 times outta 10, have been influenced too, in some way or another... i do think the hate is stronger right now cuz of the internet tho, and the fact that the changes are kinda extreme... i mean, 6 years ago everyone was wearing oversized, way too baggy clothes... now it's all tight and sorta "metrosexual"... that extreme of a change is gonna have a strong backlash by some (even tho most cats hating hard at first have jumped on board slowly, they're just as guilty as the ones they hated on so hard, they just have a harder time coming to terms with change, and recognizing early on when something looks dope)...
Truth . . .

Rick-Ross-in-the-Tyga-x-Reebok-T-Raww-Red.jpg

38187be083c311e283fe22000a1faeaf_7.jpg

Wale-in-the-Nike-LeBron-X-Cork.jpg

Kid-Ink-in-the-Nike-LeBron-8-South-Beach.jpg

Stalley-in-the-Air-Jordan-5-Wolf-Grey.jpg

Solange-Knowles-in-the-Ronnie-Fieg-x-PUMA-Disc-Blaze-The-Cove.jpg

Usher-in-Maison-Martin-Margiela-sneakers.jpg

Kid-Ink-in-the-Air-Jordan-6-DMP.jpg

Tyga-in-the-Tyga-x-Reebok-T-Raww-Green.jpg

Chris-Brown-in-the-Air-Jordan-13-Squadron-Blue.jpg

Ace-Hood-in-the-Air-Jordan-1-White-Red-Black.jpg

Funkmaster-Flex-in-the-Nike-Vandal-High-Area-72.jpg

J.-Cole-in-the-Air-Jordan-8-Aqua2.jpg

Lil-Jon-in-the-adidas-Superstar-White-Black.jpg

Joe-Budden-in-the-Nike-Barkley-Posite-Max-Area-72.jpg

Stalley-in-the-Converse-Chuck-Taylor.jpg

Nick-Cannon-in-the-Air-Jordan-11-Concord.jpg

Teyana-Taylor-in-the-Teyana-Taylor-x-adidas-Harlem-GLC1.jpg

Joe-Budden-in-the-Nike-Air-Penny-V-Memphis-Tigers.jpg

Rick-Ross-in-the-Reebok-Kamikaze-White-Black-Rivet-Green.jpg

Swizz-Beatz-in-the-Reebok-Shaq-Attaq.jpg

Kim-Kardashian-in-the-Nike-Free.jpg

DAT MASS

Da-Bra-in-the-Air-Jordan-3-Joker.jpg

Dead @ the Fake Bape x So So Def collabo

Baron-Davis-in-the-Nike-Air-Max-1-White-Red.jpg

Future-in-the-Air-Jordan-1-White-Red-Black.jpg

Pharrell+vs+Chelsea+Lately-Interview+of+Sperm+Donor+%26+Despicable+Me+%5BVIDEO+%26+PHOTOS%5D+1.jpg

SbkKQ52.png

i6JOoZu.png

My son got the clean waves

44fdb31a82a711e28faf22000a1f99f9_7.jpg

f2962c3b0ad33180dc33c438ff831ec3.jpg

Beyonce-in-the-Reebok-Classic-Leather-Keith-Haring.jpg

Trinidad-Jame-in-the-Nike-Air-Force-Max-2013-Area-72.jpg

should at least contribute to what this thread's really about after all that text... haha!

here's Tommy Guerrero, of the Bones Brigade, skating OG royal 1's back in the 80's...

:smokin

1's have always had a history of being good skate shoes

Aint nothing I love more than a rotund piece of mass on a chick, but that right there looks absolutely terrible; like uber disproportionate terrible...
sick.gif

This right here is a sign that the baby is gonna do a number on her body.

No thanks...
mean.gif

Im saying son.

That looks TERRIBLE. No shape to it all...

Atleast in that pic anyway, we all know her bootay looks way better than that. What a terrible angle.
laugh.gif

that's the best fit i've seen from JT... glad he can dress outside of a suit & tie...

suit & tie has a time & place... it's corny to me these guys who try to be above everyone and wear a suit & tie all the time... you basically become a "suit", as dude called E and Ari on Entourage all the time... :lol: and i've noticed that with a lot of those types to always wear suits, when it comes time that they can't/don't wear one, everything else they wear looks turrible... you can put a tailored suit on damn near anyone and it makes 'em clean up nice... kind of a cop out usually...

pardon the random rant on that... :tongue: just seen these guys on FB trying to imply that suits all the time is "real style", which is really just their excuse for not being able to dress outside of a suit (they're the type who tuck their t-shirt into their jeans, like old men... LOL! there's nothing wrong with being a grown man that doesn't dress all corny like most old men, nor should you dress like little kids... a simple balance is what i dig)... :lol:

And you're not a grown dude dressing corny?

phil and steezy are just going in on each other cuz of their past beefs, but it's funny cuz they're basically saying the same thing (i just think phil likes to paint people with a broad "no identity" brush if they follow any current trends, which has always led me to wonder how "original" his own style is, how much "identity" he has, and i mean no hate by that, i respect phil and his opinions, and enjoy the mature debates)...

just obvious disick and rob decided one day they were gonna wear exactly what kanye wears, when neither one of them really dressed like at all b4... the leather pants shouldn't surprise you, a ton of rappers are wearing them cuz of kanye too, and y'all rarely go in on them for it (pusha, jeezy, chainz, tyga, breezy, etc, not to mention other celebs like ball players, comedians, etc)... but the J's are the biggest offense, imo, cuz neither of them evar wore those b4 (AFAIK), and it makes it seem like they really don't care about what they're wearing, nor perhaps even particularly really like it, they're just wearing what they think is gonna make them "cool"... the diff b/t disick and steezy is, steezy has been on some sneaker $%#t off gate, and had a similar style already, and only integrates stuff here and there, but not all the sudden completely changing his style, and doesn't integrate every single thing like that herb brandon sales (steezy picks and chooses based on what he actually likes or not, cuz he has "identity")... to call all people who have been influenced by Ye a "kanye stan" is just reaching... kanye has influenced SO many people, even his peers in the rap game (so is hov a stan too? cuz he sure has integrated a lot of kanye's styles over time), and i for one, well i've never even listened to any of his albums b4 "twisted dark fantasy", other than the singles i played in the clubs... if i was this big fan of everything kanye west, i'd have no problem admitting it, but i just dig some of his music and fashion, simple as that... and i'm not scared to integrate stuff into my style cuz some fellas on the intraweb are gonna hate on me, call me a hypebeast, stan, or whatever... if i cared that much, i'd have changed to fit in with y'all a long time ago (i just think i catch the most hate cuz i'm usually one of the first to do it on NT, and ironically, while y'all hate on me in WDYWT, cats pm me on the low like "where'd you get that waxed denim?"... "where'd you get this or that?"... and then months later when they're all wearing waxed denim and denim jackets in the WDYWT, nobody knocks them for it)...

i think if you just genuinely don't like anything kanye has pioneered in US urban fashion, then that's fine... but if you might like some of it, but you've avoided integrating any of it cuz you think that makes you "cool", cuz you're on some quest to stand out and be super original, then you're basically as guilty as the ones you hate on so much. you are still influenced, one way or the other...

but yeah, it's almost like kanye was over their shoulder while they were on ebay like "yeah, cop those, that say nike air on the tongue"...
laugh.gif

i just wish i had been the one they copped from on ebay with a buy it now of like $1000 (cuz you know no dambs were given about price)...
laugh.gif
612 words dude....
mean.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom