∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I'm looking forward to season two. I just finished season one last week lol.

I do have some questions though from season one...
So was the killer a relative of the Pastor at the Bible school?

And was he British? lol

giphy.gif

I wonder what they're trying to convey by cropping everyone's eyes out. Looking the other way? :nerd: it starts :lol:

I was under the impression (before the first trailers) that the show would take place in a less populated part of California

I think a big part of the appeal of season 1 was that it was in such a rural area, gave a really creepy vibe as well

It will be really interesting to see how the writers do with a more densely populated/urban area. Season 1 sprinkled in black magic/witchcraft/ritualistic type stuff, based off the trailers in season 2, we're in for an entirely different vibe.. Body is ready

HBO's Full Season Synopsis:
Colin Farrell (Golden Globe winner for “In Bruges”) plays Ray Velcoro, a troubled detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him.

Vince Vaughn (“Wedding Crashers”) portrays Frank Semyon, a criminal and entrepreneur in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.

Rachel McAdams (“Midnight in Paris”) plays Ani Bezzerides, a sheriff’s detective whose uncompromising ethics put her at odds with others and the system she serves.

Taylor Kitsch (HBO’s “The Normal Heart”) portrays Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and a highway patrol motorcycle officer, running from a difficult past and the sudden glare of a scandal that never happened.

Episode 1 Title & Plot + Episode 2 Title
Episode 1 will be titled, "The Western Book of the Dead" which will be about the disappearance of a city manager disrupts a lucrative land scheme and ignites an investigation involving three police officers and a career criminal who is moving into legitimate business.

Episode 2 is called "Night Finds You." Both were written by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Justin Lin.

How spoilerish is that full season synopsis spoiler? I am tempted to read if it is really vague and general 

Last edited:
Liked season 1- more Woddy Harrelson than MM, as he seems to always play the "same" character- or maybe its just me- unaffected, work out guy who "means well". Interested to see Vaughn, McAdams, and Kitsch in season 2 and what their roles are like and hopefully differ from their usual stuff.

reviews are pretty much saying it ain't the first season, but it's still good enough.

Back
Top Bottom