╬:::OFFICIAL CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 2013 Season Thread::: ╬ Cavs Win 2013 #1 Draft Pick in Lottery!!!!

Why's everybody so high on Kyrie Irving?

He's not Derrick Rose or Chris Paul. . Point guards are great but I dont think they are the key to buliding a champiosnhip team. They'd be better off getting Derrick Williams and getting Brandon Knoght or Kenba Walker with the 4th pick.

Why's everybody so high on Kyrie Irving?

He's not Derrick Rose or Chris Paul. . Point guards are great but I dont think they are the key to buliding a champiosnhip team. They'd be better off getting Derrick Williams and getting Brandon Knoght or Kenba Walker with the 4th pick.

^Not a bad idea because i have a feeling both of those euro dudes are gonna bust DWill prolly gonna be very good and Knight or walker good.

^Not a bad idea because i have a feeling both of those euro dudes are gonna bust DWill prolly gonna be very good and Knight or walker good.

congrats TRUE CAVS fans
pimp.gif

#1 and #4!

i honestly think they should trade one of those picks and get an established player to compliment your new rookie.

congrats TRUE CAVS fans
pimp.gif

#1 and #4!

i honestly think they should trade one of those picks and get an established player to compliment your new rookie.

High hopes for these picks. Im thinkin they make a splash and do something else. I wouldnt be surprised if they did D. Will and Knight.

High hopes for these picks. Im thinkin they make a splash and do something else. I wouldnt be surprised if they did D. Will and Knight.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

brandon3000 should be the only dude posting in here. hes the only cavs fan i have seen all year still posting. allt hem other well known cavs fans were nowhere to be found after the decision. you all should be ashamed of yourselves..

Do you know who your messing with bro?  

laugh.gif

Anyway.

My thoughts about the NBA lottery. Our fate played out, and we lucked up getting 2 of the top 5 picks. I'm not completely sold on Irving, something tells me he's not NBA ready. If it were up to me, I would go with Kemba and Derrick Williams. I see potential in Irving, but he won't be a franchise-changer right away.

I'm still very excited & optimistic either way!

brandon3000 should be the only dude posting in here. hes the only cavs fan i have seen all year still posting. allt hem other well known cavs fans were nowhere to be found after the decision. you all should be ashamed of yourselves..

laugh.gif

Anyway.

My thoughts about the NBA lottery. Our fate played out, and we lucked up getting 2 of the top 5 picks. I'm not completely sold on Irving, something tells me he's not NBA ready. If it were up to me, I would go with Kemba and Derrick Williams. I see potential in Irving, but he won't be a franchise-changer right away.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif

Anyway.

Never left..  

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif

Anyway.

Never left..  

I just have the feeling that we should go Derrick Williams with the first pick, and Kemba with the fourth...

I just have the feeling that we should go Derrick Williams with the first pick, and Kemba with the fourth...

Sources: Cavs eye trade to add 2nd pick
williams_irving_110518_244x183.jpg

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

Already owners of the No. 1 pick in the draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers are trying to sweeten their position by securing the second pick as well, according to league sources.

The Cavaliers are in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons about a three-team trade that would give Cleveland the top two picks of next month's NBA draft.

With the NBA lottery done and the draft order settled, ESPN NBA Insider Chad Ford takes a second look at which prospect will land with which team. Mock 3.0

The Cavaliers would use the picks to select Duke point guard Kyrie Irving and Arizona forward Derrick Williams, the sources said.

In the trade being discussed, Cleveland would absorb Detroit's Richard Hamilton into the $14.6 million trade exception it received in last summer's LeBron James sign-and-trade with Miami, while also receiving the Pistons' No. 8 pick. The Cavaliers would then send that pick, along with their fourth pick, to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' second pick.

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent. Chicago would be one of the likeliest destinations.

Sources say, however, that Detroit will not consummate the trade as proposed without receiving players in return. The Pistons no longer view Hamilton's contract as an albatross with a lockout potentially knocking off one of the remaining two years on his deal.

Cleveland nearly traded for Hamilton at the February trade deadline with the intention of buying him out. In that scenario, Hamilton would have signed with Chicago after the buyout. The motivation for Detroit, which has been looking to move Hamilton for years, is mainly financial.

Whether the trade comes to fruition or not, the Cavaliers are all but certain to use the No. 1 pick on Irving, a favorite of the team's front office. The club's owner, Dan Gilbert, is a huge fan of Williams and sees him and Irving as building blocks for the future.

While one of the Cavaliers' greatest needs is at small forward, Williams, though viewed as a 'tweener, is seen by most league executives as a power forward. If the Cavs draft Williams and determine that he can't play small forward, they may deal power forward J.J. Hickson, who has good value on the trade market.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

Follow Chris Broussard on Twitter: @chris_broussard

Sources: Cavs eye trade to add 2nd pick
williams_irving_110518_244x183.jpg

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

Already owners of the No. 1 pick in the draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers are trying to sweeten their position by securing the second pick as well, according to league sources.

The Cavaliers are in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons about a three-team trade that would give Cleveland the top two picks of next month's NBA draft.

With the NBA lottery done and the draft order settled, ESPN NBA Insider Chad Ford takes a second look at which prospect will land with which team. Mock 3.0

The Cavaliers would use the picks to select Duke point guard Kyrie Irving and Arizona forward Derrick Williams, the sources said.

In the trade being discussed, Cleveland would absorb Detroit's Richard Hamilton into the $14.6 million trade exception it received in last summer's LeBron James sign-and-trade with Miami, while also receiving the Pistons' No. 8 pick. The Cavaliers would then send that pick, along with their fourth pick, to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' second pick.

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent. Chicago would be one of the likeliest destinations.

Sources say, however, that Detroit will not consummate the trade as proposed without receiving players in return. The Pistons no longer view Hamilton's contract as an albatross with a lockout potentially knocking off one of the remaining two years on his deal.

Cleveland nearly traded for Hamilton at the February trade deadline with the intention of buying him out. In that scenario, Hamilton would have signed with Chicago after the buyout. The motivation for Detroit, which has been looking to move Hamilton for years, is mainly financial.

Whether the trade comes to fruition or not, the Cavaliers are all but certain to use the No. 1 pick on Irving, a favorite of the team's front office. The club's owner, Dan Gilbert, is a huge fan of Williams and sees him and Irving as building blocks for the future.

While one of the Cavaliers' greatest needs is at small forward, Williams, though viewed as a 'tweener, is seen by most league executives as a power forward. If the Cavs draft Williams and determine that he can't play small forward, they may deal power forward J.J. Hickson, who has good value on the trade market.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

Follow Chris Broussard on Twitter: @chris_broussard

They could give you guys the first 10 picks and you would still be hot garbage.

They could give you guys the first 10 picks and you would still be hot garbage.

enes kanter is a pretty dominant player, and wouldn't be a bad pick at 4. I personally would take dwill #1 and knight at #4

Back
Top Bottom